Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin’s Creed III: On The Hunt In The American Frontier | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalACFan View Post
    Lol, but seriously, I'm not sure I'm 100% okay with the idea of losing synchronization for not skinning everything. If it was just the prey animals, then sure, but I don't want to be penalized for defending myself from a pack of vicious wolves and not pausing to skin them all.
    I wonder if this "you should skin it all to honor the sacrifice" thing was part of Mohawk's culture or is it just some gameplay mechanic they came up with?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalACFan View Post
    "Finding clues will point you to your quarry, which you will want to take great care in stalking, creeping up on through the underbrush or springing upon silently from up in the trees."

AIR ASSASSINATING RABBITS CONFIRMED!!!!!!11!!!11!1!!

Lol, but seriously, I'm not sure I'm 100% okay with the idea of losing synchronization for not skinning everything. If it was just the prey animals, then sure, but I don't want to be penalized for defending myself from a pack of vicious wolves and not pausing to skin them all.
    It's probably just there to honour Native American culture. Being able to go around killing every and any animal without using their skins, meat and such might be seen as offensive. Obviously if you're attacked by a pack of wolves you aren't going to lose synch just for defending yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by RatonhnhakeFan View Post
    I wonder if this "you should skin it all to honor the sacrifice" thing was part of Mohawk's culture or is it just some gameplay mechanic they came up with?
    I'm not sure if it born out of morality or just practicality, but the native people did use their kills much more efficiently than the Europeans. While the colonists might take the pelt and some meat, the natives would take the bones, the teeth, everything, and use them to make various bits of clothing, jewelry, weaponry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RatonhnhakeFan View Post
    Yeah, it was a direct result of the research we did with the Kanien'kehá:ka community. You can read more about the team's extensive research process here: http://techland.time.com/2012/09/05/...eal-character/
    Twitter = http://twitter.com/UbiGabe
    Covering Assassin's Creed III, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed 2

Quote Originally Posted by UbiGabe View Post
    Nah, you may be attacked by a PACK of wolves, but probably not several packs in succession... or bears, plural.

Funny story... I was playing once and a bear spawn went nuts, dropping bears every two seconds or so. I would kill one, only to have another attack IMMEDIATELY. We fixed that though. No more bear mosh pits in the Frontier, hehe.
    This cracked me up big time, haha!!

That bear spawn glitch could make for a fun virtual training ground challenge.... just sayin' .

"I am your superior, in both title and ability;
    you should know better than to question me."

Quote Originally Posted by SixKeys View Post
    That bear spawn glitch could make for a fun virtual training ground challenge.... just sayin' .
    It was pretty brutal... I think I only had the endurance to handle it for ten minutes of bear-killin'. LOL
    Covering Assassin's Creed III, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed 2

It was pretty brutal... I think I only had the endurance to handle it for ten minutes of bear-killin'. LOL
    So how tough are these bears? Obv being Connor he's a badass, but bears are badasses too... is it easy to die from a bear attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Lass4r View Post
    So how tough are these bears? Obv being Connor he's a badass, but bears are badasses too... is it easy to die from a bear attack?
    So, the thing with bears is that they are not super-tough to kill, but they hit like a freight train... Connor can't go toe-to-toe with a bear for very long. He's gotta strike quickly and accurately or get the heck out of there (tactical retreat is always an option, of course). If you're response time is good, you can manage a bear... but that level of concentration takes it's tole on me, so I prefer to only face a single bear at a time, hehe.

Yeah, it was a direct result of the research we did with the Kanien'kehá:ka community. You can read more about the team's extensive research process here: http://techland.time.com/2012/09/05/...eal-character/
    Thx, already read that article, it was great

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast