Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin’s Creed III: On The Hunt In The American Frontier | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

Assassin’s Creed III: On The Hunt In The American Frontier

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...ican-frontier/

The frontier of Assassin’s Creed III offers an incredible bounty of wildlife for a skilled and dedicated hunter. The wilderness positively sprawls before Connor, ensuring that its boundless resources are always available. Adventure awaits beyond the protective city walls of Boston, and I’d like to give you a glimpse of a tiny fraction of what you can expect to find within the forests and glades of the frontier.

Let’s begin with the simpler game Connor can capture, and a few examples of how he can put them to use.

The animals pictured in the image above can be found roaming the countryside in AC3, and you’ll find them the easiest to catch. Hares, foxes, deer, raccoons and ******s shouldn’t present much danger to a canny trapper like Connor, but these animals (so frequently preyed upon by the larger predators) can be incredibly skittish and will bolt if they detect a human presence.

Maintaining such a close relationship with nature has afforded Connor some unique abilities that you can exploit to make hunting easier. Activating Eagle Sense will enable Connor to detect nearby clues which, when investigated, will identify the location of game. A broken branch marks the passage of a fox, a bush with several nibbled leaves confirms a rabbit has had a recent meal or a patch of matted grass served as bedding for a dozing deer… any of these signs will help locate the tasty culprit.

Finding clues will point you to your quarry, which you will want to take great care in stalking, creeping up on through the underbrush or springing upon silently from up in the trees. Remaining undetected is crucial since you’ll need to approach without alerting your target… a hidden blade kill is your objective, because using larger weapons could damage the pelt, particularly of smaller creatures like hares or foxes.

Once you’ve taken down an animal, you must skin it and retrieve everything you can use in order to honor the beast’s sacrifice. If you slay wantonly without harvesting the bounties of the forest, you will lose synchronization with Connor and could be ejected from the Animus.

Game from the frontier offers a great many resources that residents of cities will pay handsomely for, so collecting the various pelts, meat and even bones or oils of beasts can be an excellent way to fund Assassins’ activities. There are also a few other uses for the bounty of the forest, but we’ll get into those in a future blog… we can’t reveal every secret just yet!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Nice! Any ideas on what else is in the game?

Oh, and I like your sig - the 'Original Assassin' thing kinda bugs me too!

Quote Originally Posted by anik_lc View Post
    Once you’ve taken down an animal, you must skin it and retrieve everything you can use in order to honor the beast’s sacrifice. If you slay wantonly without harvesting the bounties of the forest, you will lose synchronization with Connor and could be ejected from the Animus.
    This sounds pretty cool. Although I hope the predators in the forest aren't always as aggressive as in Red Dead Redemption. If there's one thing I hated, it's killing a whole pack of wolves and getting off my horse only to be attacked by a bear right in the middle of skinning the wolves. Sometimes it just wasn't worth the risk to go and retrieve the pelts.

I also like the idea of having to pay close attention to your surroundings to track animals.
    Spoiler: 

"I am your superior, in both title and ability;
    you should know better than to question me."

"Finding clues will point you to your quarry, which you will want to take great care in stalking, creeping up on through the underbrush or springing upon silently from up in the trees."

AIR ASSASSINATING RABBITS CONFIRMED!!!!!!11!!!11!1!!

Lol, but seriously, I'm not sure I'm 100% okay with the idea of losing synchronization for not skinning everything. If it was just the prey animals, then sure, but I don't want to be penalized for defending myself from a pack of vicious wolves and not pausing to skin them all.

I love the idea of losing sync with Connor if you slay but don't take every little thing you can use. Honoring the beat's sacrifice sounds very Native like for some reason.

All of the clues as to where to find the animals I.E. the nibbled bushes, the matted grass, etc. makes it seem like the world will be incredibly detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by SixKeys View Post
    This sounds pretty cool. Although I hope the predators in the forest aren't always as aggressive as in Red Dead Redemption. If there's one thing I hated, it's killing a whole pack of wolves and getting off my horse only to be attacked by a bear right in the middle of skinning the wolves. Sometimes it just wasn't worth the risk to go and retrieve the pelts.
    Nah, you may be attacked by a PACK of wolves, but probably not several packs in succession... or bears, plural.

Funny story... I was playing once and a bear spawn went nuts, dropping bears every two seconds or so. I would kill one, only to have another attack IMMEDIATELY. We fixed that though. No more bear mosh pits in the Frontier, hehe.
    Twitter = http://twitter.com/UbiGabe
    Covering Assassin's Creed III, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed 2

Don't see this being as entertaining without free aim.

xXRyzonXx
    Quote Originally Posted by ubigabe View Post
    nah, you may be attacked by a pack of wolves, but probably not several packs in succession... Or bears, plural.

Funny story... I was playing once and a bear spawn went nuts, dropping bears every two seconds or so. I would kill one, only to have another attack immediately. We fixed that though. No more bear mosh pits in the frontier, hehe.
    its the prophet!

UbiGabe on forum That must be a sign of something big coming XD

BTW nice info Gabe i am glad to see you around here among digital fans

Quote Originally Posted by UbiGabe View Post
    Nah, you may be attacked by a PACK of wolves, but probably not several packs in succession... or bears, plural.

Funny story... I was playing once and a bear spawn went nuts, dropping bears every two seconds or so. I would kill one, only to have another attack IMMEDIATELY. We fixed that though. No more bear mosh pits in the Frontier, hehe.
    ERMAHGERD! UBIGABE!!!

To be honest though, that bear mosh pit sounds like it could be one hell of a cheat code Screw unicorns and lightning swords, I'm a bear gladiator!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast