Thread: Myst IV Revelation in Spire | Forums

Myst IV Revelation in Spire

I have made it for the first time to Spire. I set the gears and ended up being locked in my chair looking for the combination to lift the chair and allow me to cross the stone bridge and make it to the elevator. I found the combination I think: 6-12-4;3-1-7;10-5-5; 12-12-12. When I do this combination, nothing happens. The chair doesn't open when I push the blue light at the right. I'm stuck. Can someone help me.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Spire spoilers

SPIRE SPOILER

Welcome to Myst 4 forums.

There are a few possibilities for things to be wrong. This is a time limited puzzle. You need to get the four crystals to vibrate all at the same time.

First, have you tune the tension on the big cables on the gears mechanism (pentagon/circle/hexagon) ?

Your four combinations are right.

Notice that those crystals will not all vibrate for the same amount of time. You need to start with the one which vibrate for the smallest amount of time up to the fourth which will vibrate for the longuest time.
    1- Nara: 15 seconds
    2- rock: 20 seconds
    3- Blue crystal: 30 seconds
    4- crystal 60 seconds

Do not forget to save your game before starting the vibrating puzzle on the chair.

I suggest you practice a lot first for each crystal slider separately to make them vibrate. It is very easy to be at a wrong spot. I had to use a tranparent acetate on my screen with black marker marks. lol

If ever you need the right sequence for those 4 crystals to vibrate, just let us know.

Myst IV sequence for chair

Thank you for the info. Yes, I would like it if you could give me the correct sequence for the 4 crystals to vibrate. The sequence I found was 6-12-4:3-1-7; 10-5-5; and then 12-12-12.

Spire spoiler # 2

Quote Originally Posted by donnapolotnik View Post
    Thank you for the info. Yes, I would like it if you could give me the correct sequence for the 4 crystals to vibrate. The sequence I found was 6-12-4:3-1-7; 10-5-5; and then 12-12-12.
    You seem to have the proper sequences so I am guessing it is a matter of speed. (like the first crystals stopping before you adjust the last 12-12-12 sequence !

If you "individually" test each sequence by itself, do you see each vibrating crystal ?

Quote from the Bert Jamin walkthrough

Push the left slider to position 6
    push the center slider to the top position
    push the right slider to position 4
    push the left slider to position 3
    push the center slider to position 1
    push the right slider to position 7
    push the left slider to position 10
    push the center slider to position 5
    push the right slider to position 5
    push all three sliders to the top position

P.S.
    Sorry for the delay before answering your post. I had a big problem to login. (corrupted .dell files in Internet Explorer8)
    Last edited by nanoukmetal; 09-13-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: typo

I am trying this game again after not having played it due to frustration. I have set the cables correctly (I think) and have tried the combinations in the order you have above. My crystals do not vibrate. It is possible that I have to reset the chair? Also, I have seen several references to a video that demonstrates the chair and sliders...do you happen to have the link to this video?

Perhaps this video might be of help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eetuEehfJr4

There are others on youtube.

If you have previously removed the rock blocking the gears after making a ride to the Spire island then it would means that the tension settings at the lowest level while in the chair are wrong. (re: after activating the blue button under a lid for accessing the lowest level)

Usually gamerS don't know or have forgotten is that the three levers first position start at number one. (not at zero)

In the video about Myst 4 Spire island (The Palace) you will find the rock blocking the gears puzzle at video time => between 5&6 minutes...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHYFQJUGAzA

Something to kow:
    There is a patch that is supposed to render the puzzles in Myst 4 less time sensitive. I have not tried it and not certain if having installed later patche(s) will include patch v.1.01.
    Anyway here is the link for the Ubisoft download of patch v.1.01...
    http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answ...ail/a_id/10059

Btw, all patches for myst games and uru (except for Myst 5) can be found at the next link...
    http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answ...tches/search/1

When a cable is correctly set, it sounds less distorted.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoukmetal View Post
    Something to kow:
    There is a patch that is supposed to render the puzzles in Myst 4 less time sensitive. I have not tried it and not certain if having installed later patche(s) will include patch v.1.01.
    Anyway here is the link for the Ubisoft download of patch v.1.01...
    http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answ...ail/a_id/10059
    Latest patch is 1.03 and includes all the previous ones.