Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will FC3 be a COD Clone? | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Lets not forget the ability to play on an infinite amount maps with no 20 dollar pricetag.
    Anyway. I think it is mainly a singleplayer
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    FarCry Of Duty 3 <---- Only just a guess, but I believe Ubisoft Massive development team as we speak are sitting around playing MW3 . They are to busy getting more ideas for FarCry 3 . MASSIVE sold out! They let the fans know from the very beginning they were not interested in what the FarCry gamers want . They only care about their VISION of what the Multiplayer should be . They are clearly out of touch with what the Real FarCry Gamers Want.

^Totally Agree with you, but I think you should have gotten a little bit more concrete.
    The problem in my eyes:
    They say things like: Rambos have no chance or the best team will always win...
    Actually I´m fine with this idea, but this will absolutely not the case.
    I´m sure if there may be anytime a good team (and no runin' and gunin' lonely wolfs) they will get imediately by this stupid COD-Killstreaks, now known as Teamsupports.
    Why should that be the case? Simple: With things like the Battlecry they force good playing teams to operate close together... But keeping close + being good increases the chances of getting hit by those ****ty Killstreaks drastically.
    In my opinion there´s just no reason to implent such a ridiculously stupid feature, besides adding a lot more hazard (which is not a good thing, because the players will get annoyed) or the noobs having the feel of being able to win something too.

Then why did they need to remove the vehicles?
    All FC-games had vehicles and they were much fun... It´s obvious that they didn´t want to build a FC3-Multiplayer. FC never was a stupid runnin' & gunin' COD-Clone (Unless you played it in that way). Vehicles were a big part of the Multiplayer.

Certainly they had some interesting ideas like the Battlecry or the Firestormmode, but these COD-kid-gamedesigners will make the Multiplayer to suck more than hell.

Banned
    Yes this Multiplayer will suck! You have to figure in the play factor... How many times will everyone play this game over and over. Lets take a look at C.O.D. for example: You Rank up so fast . you could max out in a couple of months BORING! It's the same killstreak crap really a feature designed for Noobs! BORING! They tweak the graphics and add new maps. The game is like a never ending Expansion Pack BORING! The unrealistic fast pace of movement, and the unrealistic annoying sounds the weapons make! THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME! Don't believe the hype this game is a NOOB! Heaven. The Way it is going FarCry 3 will be on many shelves collecting dust! You know why? All the features they added for NOOB! gamers example: Team Killstreaks, Radar, Battle Cry, The unrealistic fast paced movement , and the weapons all sound the same. They add a Feature like BEAST MODE Like someone suggested on here then this game becomes STUPID! The Real Farcry Gamers won't play this garbage , and the C.O.D Gamers will get bored of it . The only thing FarCry 3 has going for it is the Story Mode and the Map Editor . THAT'S IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Holographik View Post
    We haven't seen much of the multiplayer for a while...

My theory is that Massive saw the largely negative response they got, and are doing a HUGE overhaul, all for the better
    I SO hope you're right!

Battlefield 3 is more explosive and crazy but Far Cry 3 will truly be unique and different than other types of games. Teamwork type of multiplayer is what I look forward to the most. It's going to remind me of BRINK more due to the teamwork gameplay, but I'm pretty sure there's going to be some of those people that are a one-man army. Can't wait for FC3!
    PSN: The_Red_Jokester

"Catch me if you can!"

Well I have only ever played about 15 mins of Black Ops in multiplayer and that was in 3D on a big pull down screen, I played some MW2 multiplayer and didn't mind it is solo DM mode but I hated the helicopters and planes hovering around all the time.

What I will say though is I found the player movement to be good, FC2 movement was dreadful, hard to turn and the blurred vision when running was a pain.
    Those that FC3 is more like Call Of Duty are mostly Far Cry 2 players, we went through all this before FC2 was released, FC2 brought in the Weapon Class System which was very COD like, previously on the consoles in multiplayer we all started with the same weapon and the guns / health etc were picked up from locations on the map so my opinion is that FC2 was more of a step in the Call Of Duty Direction.

The player speed is still slow compared to the player speed on the previous games on console, I struggles a lot with the slow pace of FC2 - and Far Cry 3 looks a little faster but nothing super fast.

People constantly moan and complain but almost none of us have even played the game, there might even be options to turn off Team Support and other things, they already confirmed that the Radar can be turned off.

I think people will have a better say if they get in the Beta rather than us all speculating from old Pre Alpha Footage from last April.

The things iv'e always like about cod is the smooth gameplay, vibrant colors,excellent gun selection, innovative stuff like predator missiles. Let's not forget the best map's in the industry i always hated paying for them but just about every map takes you far off places like russian dimond mines or a other place you could imagine. All this at 60 fps with superior textures and the engine doesnt miss a beat. hate them or love but they hit high standards always.
    PS3 __AKA__Leadstorm 76__

Quote Originally Posted by Leadstorm76 View Post
    The things iv'e always like about cod is the smooth gameplay, vibrant colors,excellent gun selection, innovative stuff like predator missiles. Let's not forget the best map's in the industry i always hated paying for them but just about every map takes you far off places like russian dimond mines or a other place you could imagine. All this at 60 fps with superior textures and the engine doesnt miss a beat. hate them or love but they hit high standards always.
    Vibrant colors? If brown, gray and red are vibrant, then I am color blind.

Killstreaks, innovative? Not. Camper and cheap play encouraging.

Best maps? Not even close. Sure, the themes are good, but the maps itself are boring and VERY limited.

Superior textures? Maybe on consoles, but on PC scale, Call of Duty is disappointing in every graphical and gameplay aspect. The only thing done properly in it is the networking code. (A' la IdTech 3 networking code. IW Engine is based on IdTech 3, with only VERY minor improvements. It feels like they're stuck in the 2005s.)
    Last edited by razorfinnish; 09-08-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by l3reast View Post
    Yes this Multiplayer will suck! You have to figure in the play factor... How many times will everyone play this game over and over. Lets take a look at C.O.D. for example: You Rank up so fast . you could max out in a couple of months BORING! It's the same killstreak crap really a feature designed for Noobs! BORING! They tweak the graphics and add new maps. The game is like a never ending Expansion Pack BORING! The unrealistic fast pace of movement, and the unrealistic annoying sounds the weapons make! THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME! Don't believe the hype this game is a NOOB! Heaven. The Way it is going FarCry 3 will be on many shelves collecting dust! You know why? All the features they added for NOOB! gamers example: Team Killstreaks, Radar, Battle Cry, The unrealistic fast paced movement , and the weapons all sound the same. They add a Feature like BEAST MODE Like someone suggested on here then this game becomes STUPID! The Real Farcry Gamers won't play this garbage , and the C.O.D Gamers will get bored of it . The only thing FarCry 3 has going for it is the Story Mode and the Map Editor . THAT'S IT!
    You know, I think I got you figured out now...

With a name like 'Breast' and a female avatar...you're a woman, right?

Any man would certainly never p*ss and moan so much, and repeat themselves so many times.

I also believe it's your time of the month...lol

You need some new material lady.
    GT: mambonutz

Give me a minute and I'll change your mind...Give me a bullet and I'll change your life.

Map Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/slungusglornt

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast