Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger [updated] | Forums

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger [updated]

From the dust of the a gold mine to the dirt of a saloon, Call of Juarez® The Gunslinger is a real homage to the Wild West tales.

Live the epic and violent journey of a ruthless bounty hunter onto the trail of the West's most notorious outlaws.

Gameplay reveal trailer:

Screenshots / Artwork

Last edited by Mr_Shade; 03-15-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'm extremely excited that the game is going back to the old west setting, that they've have added RPG elements and the story of being a bounty hunter tracking down outlaws sounds great! I wish we had the ability to play different roles but if the story is as good and interesting as the first two games I'm in.

Since there is so little information available at this time, I'm not sure if I should be worried yet or not but there are a few things I'm concerned about. It looks like from the press release it says that the game will be available on Xbox Live and the Playstation Network. Does this mean that it will not be sold on disc? If that's the case it rules out any offline or Xbox Arcade version customers which I am one of and I'm sure there are many more. Not that it's a big deal for me because I would only buy this on PC but I worry it will be a scaled down rails type of shooter that's all action rather than expanding on the two open world levels that COJBIB had which is what I am hoping for.

Techland did such a great job with the first two games and really gained my loyalty by supporting the PC version and providing the editor and tutorials. I will definitely buy this on release day due to their efforts on the first two games. I passed on Dead Island and The Cartel since the subject matter didn't appeal to me but I'm curious did Techland provide the Chrome Editor for those? I sure hope they continue to support the modding community with Gunslinger.

Good news, good news. But have you guys ever considered making a Call of Juarez game with Far Cry mechanics? Just think about it. A first person shooter set in the Old West in a huge open world. Forests, prairies, deserts, towns, cowboys, Indians, trappers, lawmen, outlaws etc. It would be perfect. In fact, in my opinion, that would be even better than what Rockstar did with Red Dead Redemption. You already have a winning formula with FC3. You just have to make the setting proximately 150 years older.

Gaming market had really warmed up to westerns after the success of RDR. You could capitalize on it if you wanted to. Gamers love your games and you know how to properly market new IPs and new ideas. As demonstrated at this year's E3 with Watch Dogs (holy ****). So marketing a Call of Juarez game with Far Cry type of gameplay, or a Far Cry game set in the Old West (probably a better idea because Far Cry is a more recognizable brand) would probably be a piece of cake.
    Last edited by Improvizor; 09-07-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Hope it will be better than Bound in Blood, the best in the series.

As RED DEAD REDEMPTION is not coming to the PC, it leaves a huge opportunity. Players what that sort of experience on PC. So far, CoJ:G doesn't sound anything at all like RDR, but I'd really love if it started to.

The main story sounds great and all, but as an FPS shooter it will simply be a ride through the levels and then it's over.

Consider the features of RDR - first/third person action, open sandboxy world feel allowing some exploration, random encounters etc (Bound in Blood had some of this and it was my fave part of the game).

Sprinkle in some setting-rich features such as gambling, bar brawls, horse races, treasure maps, gunslinging challenges and of course, duels.

Basically, this game could be far more than a few levels strung together. It could be 'a place' where players go off to whenever they get that awesome western itch.

Then the awesome multiplayer fun can be added... and I'd welcome DLC that makes the game world even more rich and full of adventures.
    Last edited by Deaconstructed; 09-07-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Definitely looking forward to it! I'm just glad it's back to the old west!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...39143446149606

I echo these thoughts. I'm hoping the fact that it's a downloadable won't limit the gameplay or reduce from the epic levels to which we became accustomed in previous CoJ entries.

No details yet.

The only thing that sucks is that Ubisoft will be the publisher...

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA Madangry's Avatar
    I am glad too its going back to its roots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast