Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Open E String not sustaining? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Now that I do see, but it happens with my tuner out of the game too. I assume that is the slight change in string pressure and position (on the nut), causing it to stop vibrating. It seems to happen on all of my bass strings.

I mean the note sustains fine, until I start adjusting tuning, so the string is "moving", when the sustain is cut short.

Albeit, less so, with the new Tusq nut. I bet a GraphTec would almost eliminate it.
    Last edited by rcole_sooner; 08-29-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

That's different than what I am seeing. The tuner tends to bounce around while the note is still ringing out and I have to strum the strung again to tune, I'm not actually touching the tuner. The string is definitely still vibrating otherwise I wouldn't hear the note coming out of my amp. I have a GraphTec nut. This only seems to be a problem with the E string.

So much, for my GraphTec nut theory.

There was a thread about this a while ago, I guess. I was having the same problem and my bass has two pickups. The recommendation was to turn off one of the pickups. I use only the brdge pickup now, and lower notes sustain very well after that.

I have 2 basses. One with a single passive pickup and another with 2 active pickups. There's no switch on the 2 pickup bass, but I guess I could turn one of the pickups off by just turning the volume all the way down. Of course, turning a pickup off would work for people that have 2 pickups, but what do you do if you have a single pickup?

I have had issue with the open E sustain only on the single passive pickup bass. I've had no issues with the 2 active pickups, and they are both set to mid to mid-high volume levels. It's frustrating because I would prefer to play the bass that won't register the sustain.

I've had some luck with the passive pickup plucking lighter than normal. Doesn't always work. Also just constant plucking will keep the sustain going in game, but it ruins the original intended sound.

I'll try that when I get home. Thanks for the tip!

I'm having the same issue. Active pickups/open E string

This is the work around until this bug is fixed. On long sustains I very lightly brush my fingers over the E string over and over.
    Last edited by usersrdum; 08-29-2012 at 05:22 PM.

I've noticed that I get significant'y better sustain detection if I'm using my bridge pick-up as opposed to blended or neck.

I get this as well, on guitar and on bass. Often RS even picks up the same note again! So it detects me playing the note and after a short while suddenly drops it and then after another short while (probably a second or so) it suddenly registers it again without me having picked anything.
    The last detection does not give me any points, I guess it's thinks I played the note again.

In my case I was thinking that it is me plucking the string to hard/wrong so it frets and the fretting stops the detection and when the string vibrates less and stops fretting RS detects it again. I'll try being gentler next time with my bass and see if it helps, it has an awesome sustain anyway so I probably don't need all that force.

Anyway it's not a big issue for me.. other then when I score 69999 or 99999 and could have used those extra points to unlock a tone or MM..

I edited the original post with more info. and like what other people said, I can still hear the note ringing out, but the game just isn't detecting it. It just detects like the first 1-2 seconds.
    PSN: Rwarrior28
    Guitars: BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X, BC Rich Warlock Metal Master Tribal Fire, Squier Strat, Epiphone SG Special
    Basses: Musicman Stingray-5, Modulus Quantum 5
    Amp: Line 6 Spider IV 75, Danelectro Honeytone Mini-Amp

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast