Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conner to die at the end of AC3?? | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rakudaton View Post
    Seriously?

His "glowing arm" was because of the *glowing* apple of eden next to him.
    ARE u MAD?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Connor won't die. They'll send him to the French Revolution in a Brotherhood-style spinoff, then have him fight Napoleon or something. They're not going to drop the character after one game.

No, we need to be able to free roam after the game ends...

I'm pretty sure we can't see Conor die unless it's through some non-Animus method. The rules of the Animus and the bleeding effect state that once the "lineage" is passed on, we can no longer following the previous ancestor. This rule is established in ACII when Desmond flashes back to Altiar's little romantic rendezvous on top of the tower.

I HIGHLY DOUBT that Connor will die at the end of AC3, if he does, we won't be playing him when/if it happens, we'll see it through the eyes of his child.

In case any of you have forgotten the Acre scene from AC2, we STOP following an ancestor as soon as they conceive a child with someone. So it's far more likely that we will stop following Connor when he fathers a child that's the next ancestor of Desmond.

And before any of you say "But the animus can get around that!" Er, not exactly. It can only do that if a later ancestor uses Memory Seals that Connor imprints his memories on, and I don't think we'll be seeing those memory seals again.

And 29 is a very young age to snuff it, even back then.

I see Connor's story ending in one of 3 ways:
    • We stop following him when he fathers Desmond's next ancestor.
    • We witness Connor dying through the eyes of said next Ancestor.
    • Ubisoft pulls another AC2-esue cliff-hanger ending, leaving the door open for another game with Connor.

Though i don't see how this can happen, since this is Desmond's last game.

And for those who mentioned ACB and ACR, Originally, we were only going to get AC2 telling Ezio's story, the only reason we got ACB and ACR, was because the fans wanted more Ezio. And the only reason ACB and ACR ever got made into proper console games, was because the higher-ups decided, originally, they were meant to be hand-held only, like Bloodliines and Chronicles.
    "I'll cleave ya lengthwise! Maggots!" - Edward "Blackbeard" Thatch.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyA85 View Post
    • We witness Connor dying through the eyes of said next Ancestor.
    RED DEAD REDEMPTION, not exactly what you said, but if you know the game you know what i mean.

Even if he doesn't, since he lives in the past, we'll all have to face the fact; we can assume he dies sometime after AC3.

But a reason why I think he may die is that I'm pretty sure there will be no Connor sequel or trilogy. So a chance to kill him off may happen. Although the loophole is that how will we get to continue playing AC3? Connor's son or (a crazy surprise; Connor's daughter? Could end up like RDR x MGS2)

Well, as i said, AC2 was originally all we were going to get for Ezio, main-game wise, they only made brotherhood because the fans wanted more Ezio, so if Connor proves just as popular, they might keep him around. We'll just have to see how the game ends.

And as for ACR, that only became what it is, because the Ubi higher-ups decided it should be done as a console/PC release, not 3ds (Lost Legacy)
    Last edited by AnthonyA85; 08-21-2012 at 02:30 AM.
    "I'll cleave ya lengthwise! Maggots!" - Edward "Blackbeard" Thatch.

I think Brotherhood was originally going to be part of AC2, with killing Rodrigo and his son, but the higher-ups decided to extend it into it's own game. Rome was going to be in AC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvarok View Post
    I think Brotherhood was originally going to be part of AC2, with killing Rodrigo and his son, but the higher-ups decided to extend it into it's own game. Rome was going to be in AC2.
    Yup...
    At least VERY early in development, because if you recall, during a dev diary Corey May stated that the game ends in 1503, so we can confirm that the game was at least gonna show Rodrigo`s death..

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Everything wrong with AC II
    Everything wrong with Ezio
    "
    Everytime there is a Connor debate on the forums, Ubi pushes back the Connor sequel another year."-Mayrice

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast