here are my suggestions, but first a question: what do u mean by "until patch 1.7" ??? As this game still - about 10 months after the delayed release - has tonsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ss of bugs, it s obvious that it will take an enormous amount of patches to fix em all. Does that mean that Limbic ll stop patchin the game after patch 1.7 was released because UBI isnt interessted in patchin the game after a patch 1.7 and therefor wont pay Limbic for more patchin?
now, as for suggestions:
(rankin in priority)
1. clear ALL map-/game-/campaign- breakin bugs (I was unable to complete 2 of the campaigns because some sort of bug(s) made it impossible at some point. I posted that in the Buglist last year, but so far there was no patch fixin...)
2. make the creature-growth-overview in the kingdom-overview work and espc. make the creature-growth by itself (finally) work as it should (accorin to all imfluencin effects that there are/can be) [an example for the bugged creature-growth can be found in the bug-list-thread; posted it somthin like 3 weeks ago]
3. make every hero chooseable for szenarios (hot seat/single/multiplayer/...) and make every hero able to use reputation
4. clear each and EVERY bug
-----------------------------------[until you/UBI make here it might take _ years regardin the tempo of the last monthssssssssssssssssss?]----------------
5. make decent town-screens that can compare with H5 - townscreens (now they look as if they were made when H3 was produced and not like somthin created in 2012) [H3 was released in 1999 and H5 was released in 2006] =_=
[viel glück nach frankfurt/M]
I think it means that after patch 1.7 an Expansion will be released soon after that.
Originally Posted by MillionVoices
Not the forum jester again!!
Originally Posted by Mettyx
OK, I got some visual bugs for you:
1) When you attack a Dark Elemental and it (or your unit) has a Critical hit, then an animation close-up appears.
In that animation, sometimes for a part of the animation the top part of the Dark Elemental is out of the picture (above the camera view point), because the Dark Elementals hangs in mid-air and is quite tall, compared to your own units. The close-up animation should show the WHOLE Dark Elemental at ALL times of the animation.
2) Sometimes during such Critical hit animations (regardless of exact kind/size of attacker and defender), branches or trees block the view while the camera rotates. This should never happen.
Last edited by NakiBest; 08-27-2012 at 07:39 PM.
I think THREE things are possible:
Originally Posted by Arthyen
1) Patch 1.7 will be the last patch for this game.
2) Someone else (other than Limbic) will make patches 1.8 and onward.
3) Or as you said, 1.8 and further patches will come along with new expansions.
4) Or Limbic will get their contract extended, so that they can also do the 1.8 and further patches.
Last edited by NakiBest; 08-18-2012 at 12:01 PM.
well, the point is that non of those things seem realistic or good...
Originally Posted by NakiBest
@1) no more patches while tons of bugs remain --> end of game X.X
@2) another change of the responsible company appears to be unlikely (as it would be the 2nd change in a shorttttttt timespan)
@3) if it bases on the "basic-version 1.7" then the tons of bugs would likely cause it to crash instantly.
so, it would have to be a stand-alone expansion like H5 ToE, but I guess that would take a lottttt of time as the basic version we currently have is still far away from bein bugfree.
MillionVoices, @@3 - NO. For example, let's say patch 1.7 leaves just 2-3 bugs. Then I assume, when then an expansion comes, patch 1.8 will be released, which would fix those bugs.
At least that is how I hope it could work.
Auto fight in duel? when will work???
Thank you Stephen for posting and gathering community input. I have been very pleased with the patches done by Limbic.
Many good suggestions have already been made, but a feature I would like to see return (it was present in the beta, missing from release) was that the AI decides to use the defensive tower on harder difficulties. Currently, if you are sieging a town, the AI will not put their ranged stacks inside the tower and, consequently, do not play to the best of their ability.
if it would work out this way, no1 would complain.... but given the enormous length of the buglist (and that lets say 10-20 bugs overlooked in the buglist-thread or not listed/found up until now) it is highly unlikely that an expansion would work. (even limbic said in this thread's post that they will priorize - and with only 2 patches on the way that would mean that they ll have to leave out the rest...)
Originally Posted by NakiBest
Free camera on the strategic map PLEASE (and without having to use keyboard). It's perfect in heroes 5, just do a copy/paste..;-)