Thread: Ubisoft pc games and Steam | Forums

Ubisoft pc games and Steam

Hello,

does this still mean I can keep using Steam and keep adding Ubissoft pc games on Steam or purchase Ubisoft pc games via Steam now that Uplay is the Steam from ubisoft!??
    Or will this from now on be the same crap like origin, which makes Uplay mandatory from now on???? Please enlighten us about the possibility to choose!

I would like to stick to steam and only steam. If I buy a physical retail box and add the licensekey to steam, will this still work???

Thanks for you information

Regards,

A fan.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure if you buy a Ubisoft game via retail, it'll register with Uplay and will not have anything to do with Steam.
    If you buy a Uplay enabled Ubisoft game in Steam (like Anno 2070), then you'll need to start the game in Steam which in turn will start the Uplay client to start the game.

I've tried to see if it's possible to start Anno 2070 in Uplay directly, but it won't appear in my list of games unless I start Uplay from Steam. Shame...

So anyway, if you buy a Uplay enabled game in Steam, you will get the worst experience.

I ALWAYS purchase the physical box and just want to know if i can add the license key to steam......can I activate the game in steam? I dont want to use another digital platform like uplay or origin. For the past 10 years i have a steam account and wish to stick to that one account. Can an admin from ubisoft please shine some light on this?

Almost no games bought retail that aren't Steamworks can be added to Steam. There is a thread on Steams forums listing the few that can if you google it. It would be inappropriate to link it here I expect. Ask at Steam if you can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armrdillo View Post
    I've tried to see if it's possible to start Anno 2070 in Uplay directly, but it won't appear in my list of games unless I start Uplay from Steam. Shame...

So anyway, if you buy a Uplay enabled game in Steam, you will get the worst experience.
    Thanks, was just wondering about that. Was hoping I could take my Driver purchase from Steam (which I haven't even installed yet) and put it on Uplay so I didn't need Steam anymore. I wonder what happens if I buy Driver again on Suday for $1? I guess that would mean I'd own two CD keys and would have to install the Steam version on a different Uplay account. So many passwords to remember...

Quote Originally Posted by targetbsp View Post
    Almost no games bought retail that aren't Steamworks can be added to Steam. There is a thread on Steams forums listing the few that can if you google it. It would be inappropriate to link it here I expect. Ask at Steam if you can't find it.
    It's a support article: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7480-WUSF-3601
    There's no reason not to link it here.
    Any games not on the list you can add to your steam library as a "non-steam game" https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2219-YDJV-5557 which allows you to start non-steam games from your steam library but they can't be downloaded or updated from Steam.

I've got an old retail version of Prince of Persia [2008] and want to add it to Steam and Uplay. I cant for the life of me find the CD Key anywhere. Its not on the back ofthe box, nor on the inside of the box, nor on the CD nor anywhere on the manual. Any advice as to where I can find it???