Thread: Double encore frustrations... | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Double encore frustrations...

Okay, so I've had Rocksmith for quite a while now. I've never been much of a guitar player, but I was willing to learn. I played a good ways into the game before I found out about the idiotic way in which you unlock songs in this game. Like many, I started over to unlock them. I got my first song unlocked in the first event, and then tried over and over to get one in the next event, to no avail. I was consistently getting around 90% on the encore, but maybe was just missing it. It frustrated me, because I wanted to unlock all the songs first thing, and I couldn't, and eventually, just quite playing for a while.

Fast forward now to the bass expansion. I can actually play bass, and was super stoked for this! I found out you could unlock songs on bass events, and I thought this was finally my chance to unlock them all, so I can really get into having fun with the game. I played my first event, got the encore, and the encore was super easy for me. No double encore. I reset before it saved (as I've seen suggested here), over and over again. No double encore. I even tried the encore song outside of the career path just to make sure I was getting the 90%. Yep, 99%. Easy. I've read that there's conflicting reports on the 50/50 chance thing, so I am just unlucky? Will I get the double encore if I keep trying this same event? Could it be that since I unlocked the double encore in the first event on guitar, that the double encore won't be available for the first event on bass? I really wish Ubisoft would have made this easier, or at least give us a more concrete method here. I don't want to progress too far without unlocking the songs, for fear of me not being able to do it later, but resetting time and time again to try to unlock them is seriously detracting me from having any fun at all with this game. Any advice?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

first off, there is a bug in the bass expansion that prevents you from unlocking any songs that you've already unlocked in guitar. this works fine if you don't have any unlocked on the guitar side before you add the bass expansion. if you don't want to play the guitar part anymore, I would suggest you delete your saved game file and start from scratch, you then will be able to unlock 5 of the six songs on the bass side and they'll show up in the guitar side too. the only exception is the star spangled banner because it has no bass in it. that needs to be unlocked on the guitar side.

I have personally, not gotten a double encore, exited the game and played again and then gotten it in the same event. but that was before the last patch. not sure if it's still works that way now. hope this helps!

Okay, so you're saying that the game wants to unlock that same song that I already unlocked on guitar, but won't thanks to the bug? Would that happen for every event that I try to play, or might it just be the first event? I guess it comes down to whether or not the game has a predetermined order of unlocking the songs after you've begun the process. Also, if I go that route and just restart my save file again, are you certain that I could still unlock The Star Spangled Banner when I go back to guitar? I'm perfectly content with sticking to bass for unlocking, since it's way easier for me, but I'd hate to run into the situation where I can't unlock that one song ever. I'm primarily a bass player, but I'm still interested in the guitar side of things.

Anyway, thanks for the response. I've been an occasional lurking of the forums since I got the game, but I'm new to posting here, and I really appreciate the help.

no prob. I'm not sure if the game is trying to unlock a hidden song again but if you have any, except for Boss, unlocked in guitar before you installed the bass expansion, you cannot unlock them in bass. For some reason Boss seems to be the only one that works right.

so basically, it's supposed to work like this, if you unlock a song in either bass or guitar, it will show up in both song lists. but the bug prevents them from showing up in the bass list if you had them unlocked prior to installing the bass add on. Other players have had luck unlocking songs in bass that they didn't have at all before. So you should still be able to unlock any song you don't haven't yet in either bass or guitar and play them in both. Check out the thread callled, I think, unlocked songs relocked? in the tech sub forum. it may make more sense. it's kinda hard to explain it clearly. but if you want them all and haven't progressed super far yet, seems like the best way would be to delete your save and start over with the bass installed. then you should be able to unlock them all and have them in both bass and guitar.

Alright, thanks for pointing me to that thread. I got it now. Well, I guess it's a good thing that I didn't get too far on guitar, 'cause I'm going for the reset, and unlocking on bass. Again, your help was very much appreciated. Thank you.

you're welcome. Post your results if you get a chance. I plan to try this after I hit level 11. got about 3.5mill to go. might wait till I unlock all the guitars to so I don't have to worry about those acheivements and can just focus on unlocking the SSB in guitar and do the rest in bass. Good luck!

I basically gave up on the unlock songs because my profile had the glitch where no matter how many points I got in a set/encore I couldn't get a double encore. I really wanted SSB so I finally created a different profile (actually I used my wife's profile, otherwise I would have had to re-endure the 15 minutes of intros that I can't figure out how to skip) and proceeded to grind out the bonus songs.

So I went though that hassle, and now if I want to play SSB, I have to log out of my profile, log into my wife's profile, WAIT for Rocksmith to reload, practice the song, then log out, log in, reload AGAIN, to get back to my profile to continue my "journey".

It is absurd to have to gyrate like this to play a song that is in the game, and that I have jumped through all (and them some) of the silly hoops to unlock. Ubi could fix this very easily by just making the "bonus" songs available for a free DLC download.

I don't particularly care for unlockable content in the first place, but if a company is going to do it, first make it obvious how to unlock it, then make sure that the unlock path works. If there is a glitch, then fix the glitch, or make the content available.

Quote Originally Posted by StratoTeles View Post
    I basically gave up on the unlock songs because my profile had the glitch where no matter how many points I got in a set/encore I couldn't get a double encore.
    I ran into a similar (but not identical) problem for quite a while, where it wouldn't give me a single encore no matter how many points I got. After a while, though, it started to work again and it's been giving me an encore on every set. After that, I did all the remaining songs the easy way by going into options and selecting lowest difficulty to make sure I hit 90% on all the encores.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_string View Post
    I ran into a similar (but not identical) problem for quite a while, where it wouldn't give me a single encore no matter how many points I got. After a while, though, it started to work again and it's been giving me an encore on every set. After that, I did all the remaining songs the easy way by going into options and selecting lowest difficulty to make sure I hit 90% on all the encores.
    I had the same problem as well, but it never resolved itself. I just decided to erase my save and start all over again after reaching lvl 11 and getting my achievement.. I unlocked them all very quickly after that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by StratoTeles View Post
    It is absurd to have to gyrate like this to play a song that is in the game, and that I have jumped through all (and them some) of the silly hoops to unlock. Ubi could fix this very easily by just making the "bonus" songs available for a free DLC download.
    I completely agree with this!