Hello i have a little question that is already in the title of the post
How do change the uplay download folder because i have 2 hard disks and i don't have enough space on my uplay so a little help here
I also have an issue with not being able to set the save location of games that I want to download. I run uplay on a drive separate from my operating system, but the games download on to the operating system drive, would love to know how to change it?
Temporary workaround: As with most apps with limited configuration options you can fix this if you are using Vista or higher and your file system is NTFS via symbolic links:
Folder where uplay downloads installer cache:
on X64: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers
on X86: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers
1. Start downloading and wait until it gets to ~1mb or something...
2. Pause download from uplay client
3. Go to above folder - find the game cache subfolder (some number ex. 13)
4. Move the folder (ex. D:\Games\Uplay\13)
5. Run cmd (with admin privileges)
6. Type mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers\13" "D:\Games\Uplay\13" and hit enter
(on success it should say something like: symbolic link created for 13 <<===>> D:\Games\Uplay\13)
7. Resume your download.
If you have UAC enabled above folders might reside in a different location (most probably %appdata% or %localappdata%)
Last edited by Devocalypse; 08-19-2012 at 07:49 PM.