Thread: How do i change the uplay download folder | Forums

Exclamation How do i change the uplay download folder

Hello i have a little question that is already in the title of the post
    How do change the uplay download folder because i have 2 hard disks and i don't have enough space on my uplay so a little help here

sorry for bad english

thanks for the help

you probably need to uninstall the uplay app and then reinstall it to a drive that you want your games to reside.

I also have an issue with not being able to set the save location of games that I want to download. I run uplay on a drive separate from my operating system, but the games download on to the operating system drive, would love to know how to change it?

Few post below, same problem, no solution...

Temporary workaround: As with most apps with limited configuration options you can fix this if you are using Vista or higher and your file system is NTFS via symbolic links:

Folder where uplay downloads installer cache:
    on X64: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers
    on X86: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers

1. Start downloading and wait until it gets to ~1mb or something...
    2. Pause download from uplay client
    3. Go to above folder - find the game cache subfolder (some number ex. 13)
    4. Move the folder (ex. D:\Games\Uplay\13)
    5. Run cmd (with admin privileges)
    6. Type mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers\13" "D:\Games\Uplay\13" and hit enter
    (on success it should say something like: symbolic link created for 13 <<===>> D:\Games\Uplay\13)
    7. Resume your download.

If you have UAC enabled above folders might reside in a different location (most probably %appdata% or %localappdata%)
    Last edited by Devocalypse; 08-19-2012 at 07:49 PM.

I just installed Uplay to my D drive and my FarCry3 files downloading to D drive, Uplay folder (D:\Games\Uplay\cache\installers\46).