Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Bass Song To Play | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Favorite Bass Song To Play

So everyone....what is your favorite song to play on bass so far. With me surprisingly it is Well Ok Honey. I really did not care for it on guitar but it has a fun bassline. Another one that I really enjoy playing is California Brain by Rapscallions, this song is really helping me on my two finger plucking technique. I have noticed that a lot of the songs that were not that interesting to play have the more fun to jam bass lines in them.

Also one last question is everyone going by the suggested plucking or pick technique with each song? I have so far but I have to say I enjoy the plucking!!
    Rock on
    Guitar playing is both extremely easy for me and extremely difficult for me at the same time.

Kirk Hammett

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I fingerpluck everything.

yeah the ok, honey bass line is a fun one.

I have found the same thing. There are songs I hated like Gobbledy ****. But it was pretty fun to play. On that note, I never want to hear that song again.
    http://orckiller666.blogspot.com/ <---- The Orcs will not win.

I love playing "What's Going On", it has a lot of great ideas in it. "California Brain" is really fun, as is "Are You Gonna Go My Way". "Bodysnatchers" is a great groove, but I'd advise listening to it before trying to play it because the Rocksmith notation doesn't really show it right (the first riff is long-short long-short long-short, but the notation makes it look like its all short notes.) "Jessica" is really fun but extremely repetitive and tiring. "Higher Ground" will beat you up if you don't have your slap technique down, but its a classic slap bass riff (this version and the original clavinet line). "Keep Yourself Alive" and "Fat-Bottomed Girls" are both excellent, especially the later with its slides. "Surf Hell" is really fun, and has a lot more going on it then I initially remembered.

Those are my favorites so far, but there are a lot that I haven't checked out yet, so there could be a bunch of gems.

I have only played about 15 songs so far (in journey mode), so it is a little too early to comment, but I got Synchronicity II as double encore, and I think that it my favorite so far.
    Not ready to tackle Higher Ground yet for sure.

So far Kryptonite

I really like Me and The Bean

My favourite so far is "I can't hear you". I think the group is Deadweather, if I remember correctly, but that tune has some really sweet timing and fingering challenges and, so far, that one has me hooked. Sweet !!!

I like house of the rising sun... i dont play it often on guitar because arpeggios are my weak point, but on bass its great

Surf hell is real fun and not too hard.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast