Thread: Guess I am a bass player after all. | Forums

Guess I am a bass player after all.

Downloaded the patch and the bass DLC tonight after I got home from work. Broke out my Thunderbird Goth and first event hit a double encore and unlocked Jules. Yeah it was the Pixies and The Stones "Can't get no satisfaction" but I did something on bass after 30 minutes that I have not been able to do on guitar in 5 months. The new DLC and the patch are just the shot in the arm this game needed. I am going to stick with guitar during the week and work the rhythm machine on the weekends. The past 5 months with guitar has helped a lot with bass I am sure, and the bass helps with my rhythm and time keeping with guitar (which really sucks).
    So yeah REAL happy with the updates today. Thanks Rocksmith Devs.

St. Charles, MO
    I almost feel the same way. Struggled with some of the Rocksmith stuff at times without the ability to change speed manually. But I'm really surprised at how fast I was picking up the Bass. I just got my first Bass this week and I was leveling songs and played 3 events last night.
    Last edited by usersrdum; 08-16-2012 at 07:03 PM.

I'm already picking up common patterns and getting used to moving my hand around without staring at the fretboard. And ouch, my fingertips hurt!

You're right, with bass rhythm is the most important part of playing. Unfortunately, Rocksmith setup makes it really easy to play notes too early because it doesn't penalize the player.

I could copy/ paste all of your posts... Got a double-encore at my first event, bass seems really easier than guitar, my fingers are sore and ... black from the strings ! Having a blast !

Last edited by RSDAVE; 08-16-2012 at 03:12 PM.

I feel the same way but I would add that I bought the game 6 months ago along with an electric guitar because I didn't want to wait for bass. I was really looking forward to the bass version because I had bought a bass guitar 2 years ago and never played it (or anything). I figured I'd work on the electric guitar until the bass DLC dropped and then switch to my first love. That worked out great as I was already familiar with the game and the songs and hit the ground running on bass.

I share y'alls joy. I got the double encore and unlocked Space Ostrich on my first event with the bass. It was less then 45 min. after playing the expansion for the first time. I haven't unlocked any hidden songs with the guitar version, which I bought in November.