Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it time to bring back quickly detonating frags? | Forums

It should be time to bring back relealistic grenade throws... These games have made throwing a grenade a noob tactic because of how easily and fast you can do it. I remember when you had to aim your grenade then throw it while standing still, now you can run around and tap a button and just throw a frag. It's like the technology is so advanced in this game that all of the grenades are live once they leave your hand. I've never seen a soldier toss a grenade as easily and ******ed as these guys do. Elite my ***, more like Special...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by LunyFX View Post
    It should be time to bring back relealistic grenade throws...
    Oh man, dedicated grenade and knife equipment slots, those were the days.

Y'know, before a certain franchise started getting too many sales for its own good.

Regards,
    Nexo

I don't even mind CoD anymore, I understand the logic behind their games, the easier, the better. What I don't understand is why the rest of these companies are trying to copy their work one way o another. Look at Halo, they've basically upgraded their game everytime and they have a strong community. I don't see them copying others work yet I see several other games trying to put the CoD feeling into their games one way or another.

Somebody should do some simple field research and find out how to throw a simple grenade, soldiers don't just lob them like they do here... Even CoD has a more realistic frag throw and that's just sad...

Quote Originally Posted by LunyFX View Post
    I don't even mind CoD anymore, I understand the logic behind their games, the easier, the better. What I don't understand is why the rest of these companies are trying to copy their work one way o another. Look at Halo, they've basically upgraded their game everytime and they have a strong community. I don't see them copying others work yet I see several other games trying to put the CoD feeling into their games one way or another.

Somebody should do some simple field research and find out how to throw a simple grenade, soldiers don't just lob them like they do here... Even CoD has a more realistic frag throw and that's just sad...
    Halo HASN'T copied Cod? Have you even played Halo: Reach? That game was basically Call of Duty: Future Ops. It had loadouts, CoD controls, everything...

Lol you call that copying? They offer you an upgrade and that's basicaly what the loadout is. You still have to run around to find the best weapons. CoD controls? Funny, I was just playing CoD and I got so used to the buttons on halo that I was throwing flash bangs and trying to melee with grenades. There's nothing in comparison between the two other than they are shooters and they're not even the same type of shooters.

P.S. But its cool, CoD copied Halo's sticky grenade with a semtex and the energy sword melee boost with commando pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Charity Diary View Post
    Halo HASN'T copied Cod? Have you even played Halo: Reach? That game was basically Call of Duty: Future Ops. It had loadouts, CoD controls, everything...
    You can call that copying, I call it borrowing for extended benefit of the player.

While, I know people hated it, but it doesn't mean it's not nice to be able to spawn with Assault Rifle or Shotgun on a close range map instead of a DMR. Or streamlining a few controls/changing them due to a change in the game and average player. (I'm pretty sure you can play with controls similar to classic Halo, though I found Reach's more natural.)

However, you still had shields. Brought back health and medkits. Tanks. Banshees. Energy weapons. Aliens. New assassinations that have been popping up in more shooters. (Probably not the first, but made it popular.) Weapon melee. (That isn't a instant kill, besides the classic came from behind.)

It kind of makes me laugh, how much do you have to hate something that you mentally project it onto other things that are barely alike except a few similar things and camera angle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganon16 View Post
    My gun does the thinking, bullets just share the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoSmoove View Post
    Frag
    High-explosive intended to kill or wound

I get grenades thrown at me frequently and I'm not really the camper type.
    its a video game... and you should get two grenades, only thing that needs to change

Quote Originally Posted by Nexolate View Post
    Oh man, dedicated grenade and knife equipment slots, those were the days.

Y'know, before a certain franchise started getting too many sales for its own good.

Regards,
    Nexo
    equipping the knife to use it is brilliant, ****ing developers are so ****ing ******ed, should have the knife be with the pistol slot so people have to choose between, GL, knife, stun, emp, smoke, or pistol

Yes, bring them back and increase the total to 2. The government has spent lots of money on the grenade launchers and only supply a foot soldier with 1 grenade?? Actually, the total should be 4 when he's equipped with the launcher and 2 without launcher. *runs to the nearest closet, locks the door and prays the 'grenade launcher haters' doesnt find me

Quote Originally Posted by Charity Diary View Post
    Was there ever something gross called Call of Duty Future Ops?

If you mean Black Ops i cannot agree, they are not even related one from each other.

Now, if you are talking about Halo 4 vs CoD Black Ops 2... i cannot argue with that. It's a real shame that 343 went so low to the level of copying another game's style.
    We need Bungie back SO BAD!

Now back to topic:

Cooking a grenade is a luxury that can only be given to FPS players.
    Don't like how we roll on GRFS? Then go back to COD, Battlefield or whatever is that kids play nowadays.
    Last edited by redbaron120; 08-20-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast