Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New update is awesome!! | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

I viewed it as a "technical" discussion about the new updates.

I thought both sides (guitar and bass) could benefit, from the thread.

I thought it fit best here.

We will all get used to the new sub-forums, it will just take some time.

If you have moderator questions, use the PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Moved t the other thread where it is more appropriate...self moderated
    Last edited by bradiam; 08-14-2012 at 09:29 PM.

I guess this is the least inappropriate forum.

Anyway, I had planned on waiting about installing the patch, but I got my first lock-up today while working on the remaining bonus songs (the game finally started giving me encores properly for the first time since I reached rank 9). After it locked up at the end of the score screen twice in a row (xbox 360), I installed the patch, tried again--and got another lockup. After removing one of the songs and trying again, I got the double encore again and unlocked a song.

I've gotten no crashes and no more MM encores on set lists generated after the patch. I've also noticed they've removed some save points, so no more entering and exiting amp mode to force a save. I've started going into the options menu to force the game to save my changes to the set list before exiting the game. I wonder if forcing a save and then reloading before attempting to play a set might have prevented the crash I got after the patch.

Generally finding the patch awesome. The things they didn't fix have gone from "crippling" to "wacky/annoying". The lives thing just feels odd, the "failed due to too many notes" is still as awful an idea as ever, but being able to drop the speed to 20% and hit "restart" without having to replay the "play to set speed" part of things does a lot to mitigate it.

The bass journey is extremely polished though - color me impressed. It really feels like something that was planned for and a natural part of the game. Played a couple bass songs (emulated guitar, my roomate had the bass in his room and he was sleeping >.>) and that looks like a lot of fun. Really looking forward to co-op play.

Quote Originally Posted by bradiam View Post
    Maybe I'm not understanding you, but when has the X button ever been used as a back button in a game? Rocksmith has always used X as select and O as back for me, and still does. This is the same way most games do it.
    Offhand, at least Guitar Hero and Rockband? As well as the main menu in PS3 itself?

I don't play much else, so I can't say anything about other games, but certainly I kept getting it wrong in RS when I instinctively hit O for select and X to go back. I must have learned that instinct somewhere...

Put another way, why would RS flip it around from its version 1.0 if it wasn't wrong in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by armoury_R1 View Post
    Offhand, at least Guitar Hero and Rockband? As well as the main menu in PS3 itself?

I don't play much else, so I can't say anything about other games, but certainly I kept getting it wrong in RS when I instinctively hit O for select and X to go back. I must have learned that instinct somewhere...

Put another way, why would RS flip it around from its version 1.0 if it wasn't wrong in the first place?
    They didn't flip any of the buttons around in Rocksmith as far as i can tell. X is still select, and O is still cancel. It's always been that way.

I've never played either of the games you mentioned on PS3, so I can't say what they do. If they do use those controls, that is very outside the norm.

Are you using a Korean PS3? The buttons are reversed on that.

On most models, X is action button. I've never seen O as the select/action button in any game on a NA or EU console.
    Last edited by bradiam; 08-15-2012 at 01:48 AM.

The lives thing just feels odd, the "failed due to too many notes" is still as awful an idea as ever,
    Amen! Just let us play the song, and I mean the WHOLE song all at once, all the way through no matter how long it takes, how many tries, or how many mistakes we make along the way! Mistakes are part of learning, but being given lives and forced to 'try again' is an epic fail along with not having the option to play the song in it's entirety..........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12