1. A major reason for the patch is to allow Rocksmith to support the Bass Expansion DLC.
- Before purchasing the Bass Expansion, players will already be able to see a hint of this compatibility when they first load the game and are asked to choose guitar or bass.
2. Revised In-Game Store
- More listings visible at once
- More information available
- Song Length
- Release Date
- At a glance, readable icons for commonly repeated information.
- Icons for the arrangements available
- Icons to indicate an offer includes a new authentic tone
- Icons to indicate a song is also part of a pack
- Featured items are now displayed in the relevant categories
- Instead of a Featured Item section, Featured items will appear in blue at the top of Song list, Pack list, or Gear list.
3. Save Data refactoring
- We’ve revised the way Save Data is written in order to reduce the amount of memory used by the title.
- As such, there is a message upon loading previous version Save Data stating that it will be updated, and incompatible with previous versions.
4. The user can now scroll through the list of Songs faster.
- When holding the right or left direction, the song list will at first scroll quickly through songs and then start skipping by letter.
- It is possible to get to the end of the set list in a few seconds.
5. We’ve added a new feature in Riff Repeater – Accelerator called “Set Speed.”
- Set Speed allows players to set the speed at which the selected phrase will play back.
- Riff Repeater will remain at the selected speed until players choose to change the speed again or until they choose Resume Acceleration.
- If a player chooses Resume Acceleration, each time they play all of the notes in a phrase correctly, Rocksmith will speed up the phrase slightly.
- Players can also choose Set Mastery in Accelerator. This means Accelerator is now the ideal place to practice a phrase, speed it up, slow it down; increase and decrease the difficulty at will.
6. On both platforms we were able to identify an issue in the way we were loading DLC songs in to memory.
- Due to differences in hardware, this caused instability for many players on PS3.
- With enough DLC songs, it would also have been a problem on 360 as well.
- We’ve changed the way we are loading DLC songs into memory so they now take up a fraction of the space and should no longer cause instability on either platform.
7. Note Detection adjusted to correctly match Display Lag Calibration settings
- Previously, if a player set the Display Lag to 300 milliseconds, detection would actually miss correctly played notes.
8. Fixed a bug in which repeated high scores followed by lower scores could overwrite the Highest Score with a lower score.
9. General improvements to the accuracy and performance of note detection.
10. General improvements to memory usage. This has led to significant improvements in the stability of the game on both platforms, not just related to DLC.
11. Improved audio response time on Xbox 360 version.
Last edited by DreamAwake; 08-14-2012 at 04:21 AM.
Also nice to see they've fixed the song overwrite issue.
Am somewhat bummed they don't have better sorts on the song menu in the store (i.e. show me the most recently released stuff so I can get it right now)...
But man am I excited to try out set speed!! No more fumbling through accellerator just to hit the speed I want, then getting bumped 10% when I hit it once.
Even though I was hoping to have better sorting in the store, Accelerator sounds like it's now as useful as I'd hoped it'd be.
As reported by others in the forum, there are also 2 new tunings available in the Tuner.
If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.
UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade
Now I have better chance of learning Painkiller combo 1. It goes like this:
Get patch -> select Painkiller combo 1 -> select solo 1 -> accelerator -> set mastery: 100% ->set speed: 1% -> practice your way up to 100% speed -> repeat for every section -> profit
If you can survive at 1% speed... :P
Still it will take me months to learn this song... it's crazy!
My custom guitar progress: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lZ0X0pFSEJXOGc
Thank you, Ubisoft, for the latest patch. It has been a long time coming, and very much appreciated! It is great to be able to play through a set and not have to worry if the next song would load. As a PS3 owner, the game crashing became more and more prevalent with added dlc content. Keep up the great work, and stay ahead of the curve!
Anyone notice that you can't switch tones in the tuner now? You have to wait until the note highway starts to change tones. Kind of annoying because I'd rather change before the song is about to start and I'm fumbling around with a controller. Didn't notice this in the notes, wonder if it has something to do with preventing crashes?
My pick-up toggle switch has 3 modes: Swank, Extra Swank, and Super Swank