Thread: FC3 Multiplayer - MSV-Vextor reporting in! | Forums

MSV-Vextor's Avatar Community Manager

FC3 Multiplayer - MSV-Vextor reporting in!

Hey everyone!

I am MSV-Vextor - and just like MSV-Gearhead, I also work at Ubisoft Massive here in the frozen and frigid northern wasteland. (Another Viking! Woohoo!)

My job as a community manager is basically being involved in the community along with a number of other things. Reading your questions and concerns, hopefully I am able to answer them quickly and with as much info as I can give. I also function as a forum moderator of course.

Looking forward to "meeting" you all! And when the game comes out.... watch your backs in MP.

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Welcome Vextor

I see Fallen Champ has given you the normal 'welcome' - no rest for the wicked!

DapperHayden007's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Hey there! I see Champ has set his place here with the questions so I will add no more
    Can't wait for the game!

micharomeijn's Avatar Member
    welcome , i think the communtiy can always have another developer in here. The more the better, i say

Originally Posted by FALLEN CHAMP Go to original post

As a welcome to the forums I feel I must hit you up with some questions as I did with gearhead - some of these are from some of the guys who post on here.

I understand if you can't answer them all - anything we get is a bonus really.

You forgot to ask if we could shoot the explosive barrel that falls from the airplane (Multiplayer)

TigraPolosatiy's Avatar Member
    Just one question interest me:
    Is it possible to use in multiplayer, ammunition boxes (like in FC2)?

O
    r we have to pick up weapons from dead bodies, as long as the entire arsenal on the map won't exhausted?

TigraPolosatiy's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by FALLEN CHAMP Go to original post
    I think this covers your question Tigra (Taken from the MP FAQ Thread which Gearhead kindly put together)

21.(Q) - Can weapons run out of ammo and if they do what is the process?

(A) “- Sure they can. If you run out of ammo you will have to acquire more by walking over killed enemies. You can always pick up weapons from dead enemies and use them instead when ammo gets low.”
    Hmmm. as I understand, you can forget about the crates. Dead bodies with weapons will end - and player's life will end)))
    nice.. =__=

Anyway. thanks for the answer

1) Hey, how much input lag will the game have? Most 30 fps games have 100+ ms of input lag some have managed to get it down to 83ms. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ncy-blog-entry

2) What is the aiming mechanic like? Older games used to have high square shaped deadzones, time based acceleration or steep acceleration curves, with a very slow max velocity cap. Far Cry 2 suffered from this as well. Thanks to COD a lot of games are finally getting it right with more and more going for circular and smaller deadzones with a more evened out acceleration curve and an option for faster turn speed. BF3 almost lets you do a 180 with a flick of the stick.

Another annoying thing is when games have like fifty different aiming mechanics. There are games that have an aiming mechanic for when you have your gun holstered, a different one when you have it at your hip, a whole bunch for every different scope or sight when ADSing, plus some more for every different vehicle. You only need two, even then not really, one for hip and one for ADS.

3) Is there an option to turn off aim-assist? Games have gotten ridiculous with this BS. It's laid on so thick nowadays it's like an officially sanctioned aimbot. Except, fine, you want to give noobs some help, ok, but some of us have enough skill where it actually becomes a hindrance, messing up precision shots, and not an assist. So give us golden gods the option to turn it off or tone it down.

4) How's the netcode? Recently games have gotten into this BS of going overboard with lag compensation/interpolation/synchronization, whatever you want to call it. The end result is that someone on a crappy wireless stolen connection - where they're pinging 200, jittering like a feening crack*****, and dropping packets like United States Postal Service - have a massive advantage over someone with Fios. Does the netcode favor people with poor set ups like many recent games?

That's really all I want out of a shooter.

mistados's Avatar Senior Member
    As long as the animations are smooth, it drives me nuts when animations are clunky and rigid. Look at console versions of Bad Company and Battlefield 3 for perfect examples of horrible clunky animations and movement..

Hi Vextor I am guessing Gearhead might have went off to gamescomm.If you can answer any or some of these It would be great but if you cannot for whatever reason then that's ok...

Go into Depth about the loadout system and how you level up and how you swap weapons and are grenades available all the time?

Go into Depth about the Ranked modes that are available and the rules of these games and the custom options we can use in private or custom multi-player

explain how team killers are punished even under the influence of this psyche gas stuff can they be banned for deliberatly destroying their own team,

please explain how we can update maps to either fix them or edit them without losing their popularity rating

How do we test custom maps before publishing them?

are zip lines, ladders and vehicles available in the editor?

How does the team support system work exactly and how do you make people abide by the rules and be a team player?

Is there any combat mechanics in any part or on the surface of the water?

Go into Depth about the control system and the mechaics of movement in multi-player

If I am bleeding out on the floor waiting for revival and nobody is there to revive me or other players cannot or choose not to revive me can I choose to respawn to get back in the action?

if I am revived does that cancel the kill on the enemy side?

is there any options to have team play but without the team support / perk system or battle crys?

Can we override load outs for custom multi-player to blank ones so that we can drop weapons in custom maps in the editor and have more retro gameplay?

Talk about the grenade and molotov mechanics and how the weapon works does it have a timer?

Explain how you make the teams look diverse and not have attack of the clones?

Talk about the different types of battle cry and how you earn them or what you have to do to be able to do a battle cry?

If you do a battle cry out of range from your team do you benefit from it at all?

Are there any challenges similar to what is in co-op mode for multi-player?

Please define if possible technical limitations to the editor? i.e. what we can and cannot do, like anything that you would consider better than previous editors and anything that we cannot do from previous editors FC2 / FCIP

Does the punish or mecy end of match animations have any effect on the game or is it merely just for kicks?.

are there any multi-player modes that do not involve team play and if not is it somthing you might consider implementing in the future?

If you throw a grenade does it still detonate if you are killed before it is due to detonate?

What happens if you throw a molotov cocktail in the water?

Thanks Vextor

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►