Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FC3 Multiplayer - MSV-Vextor reporting in! | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

FC3 Multiplayer - MSV-Vextor reporting in!

Hey everyone!

I am MSV-Vextor - and just like MSV-Gearhead, I also work at Ubisoft Massive here in the frozen and frigid northern wasteland. (Another Viking! Woohoo!)

My job as a community manager is basically being involved in the community along with a number of other things. Reading your questions and concerns, hopefully I am able to answer them quickly and with as much info as I can give. I also function as a forum moderator of course.

Looking forward to "meeting" you all! And when the game comes out.... watch your backs in MP.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by MSV-Vextor View Post
    Hey everyone!

I am MSV-Vextor - and just like MSV-Gearhead, I also work at Ubisoft Massive here in the frozen and frigid northern wasteland. (Another Viking! Woohoo!)

Looking forward to "meeting" you all! And when the game comes out.... watch your backs in MP.
    Hi Vextor, thank you for coming over and offering us more support with our questions and concerns, I had previously sent some stuff to Gearhead over a month ago but think he went on vacation, us FarCry Fans are a passionate lot.

I am part of a website that has been running for over 6 years which has covered Far Cry Instincts, Evolution, Predator, Far Cry 2, we recently switched to a new site and are ironing out issues so we are ready for Far Cry 3

As a welcome to the forums I feel I must hit you up with some questions as I did with gearhead - some of these are from some of the guys who post on here.

I understand if you can't answer them all - anything we get is a bonus really.

Thanks

Question 1 - Match Timer
    Can we have an infinite option on the timer ? Those who play escape and other similar types of map don't want the match to end as some of these maps can take up to an hour to get through so they need that option.

Question 2 - Weapons in the map editor
    Can we use any weapon in the map editor ? In FC2 it was a pain because we got the pistol / knife / ak47 and flame thrower, It would benefit us to have more or all weapons available to try out in the editor when creating and testing maps.

Question 3 - Editing Ubisoft Maps
    I am sure Daniel Berlin mentioned that we can edit the maps that come with the game, is this true or are they locked ?

Question 4 - Team Support Barrel
    Is it possible to shoot the Team Support Barrel in mid air ? and if we can do this would that cancel out the strike before it landed.

Question 5 - In domination Mode do the nodes work under water ? I have seen maps on FCIP where a seek and secure vial is under water forcing players to swim down to activate this, sometimes they had to return to the surface for air - it made the map interesting.

Question 6 - Gifting.
    If I decode an encrypted Flash Drive and get a powerful weapon that I do not want, and I decide to send that to a friend by way of gifting is the weapon then gone from my inventory / weapon selection.
    Can the same weapon be found again if I made a mistake and wished I had kept it.
    Can a player that gets a weapon sent to them via gifting then re-send that same weapon to someone else if they don't want it ?

Question 7 - User Created Map Searches
    On Far Cry 2 when looking at stats we could see how many times a map had been played but this did not tell us which modes that map had been played in, I understand that you have added in some changes here and there, I wondered if it is now possible to see how many times each game mode has been played ?
    I think this would be interesting for Map Authors to know.

Question 8 - User Created Map Searches (Part 2)
    It was a total pain scrolling through maps on our HD - they were not in alphabetical order and often when searching for maps by author it was difficult remembering a map or author name when joining random matches - Do you have a way now to scroll via alphabetical order and to switch through from A-Z quicker, this way f a map or author name began with D I just do 4 clicks ABCD then scroll down through the maps under D until I find the one I want. And can we click on an Authors name to then be taken to all their maps in teh database available for download ?

Question 9 - COOP Mode
    Is it possible for 2 consoles to be connected via system link and to have both consoles select system link so that they could make up a 4 player match, or for someone to start a system link match on one console and allow another 2 players to join over the internet to make up a 4 player team in COOP Mode ?

Question 10 - Multiplayer Character Appearance
    I understand that there is a tattoo editor which is the only customizing feature we can use on our multiplayer character, but watching multiplayer video footage some players have hats, some have what look like ammo belts and satchels and some appear to have no shirts on - are these character appearances randomly selected when the game starts or do they appear that way depending on which class is selected or created ?

Question 11 - IGE FireStorm
    Daniel Berlin said that as the firestorm match progresses areas of the map can be engulfed in flames that can cut off previously used areas, forcing players to select other routes while navigating the map - but at the same time players will not spawn into these flames and be cut off until they burn.
    How does this work in the editor for User Created Maps - we must have a way to manipulate and dictate where the fire will spread and which areas we want to engulf in flames & if I were to make a map that had 3 small Islands surrounded by water how would firestorm work then (fire on water)

Question 12 - Multiplayer Rank
    Is there a maximum Rank where a player can not get any higher and will be maxed out on XP or is there thing in place that happen when a player reaches the top ?
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=977913&type=sigpic&dateline=1408306127

Welcome Vextor

I see Fallen Champ has given you the normal 'welcome' - no rest for the wicked!
    Last edited by Mr_Shade; 08-13-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Far Cry 3 Elite Member DapperHayden007's Avatar
    Hey there! I see Champ has set his place here with the questions so I will add no more
    Can't wait for the game!

welcome , i think the communtiy can always have another developer in here. The more the better, i say

Quote Originally Posted by FALLEN CHAMP View Post

As a welcome to the forums I feel I must hit you up with some questions as I did with gearhead - some of these are from some of the guys who post on here.

I understand if you can't answer them all - anything we get is a bonus really.

You forgot to ask if we could shoot the explosive barrel that falls from the airplane (Multiplayer)

Quote Originally Posted by Scripts18 View Post
    You forgot to ask if we could shoot the explosive barrel that falls from the airplane (Multiplayer)
    Oh No I didn't -Question 4 - Team Support Barrel
    Is it possible to shoot the Team Support Barrel in mid air ? and if we can do this would that cancel out the strike before it landed.

I briefly jumped in the Gearhead Thread and dragged out these questions from the community here (below) - MSV-Vextor there is no pressure buddy - you don't have to answer any of these but any extra info we get is always appreciated - We just like to keep you guys on your toes.

Thanks again for coming forward, looking forward to the party starting when FC3 ships - nice to hear that you guys will be sticking around and playing multiplayer & supporting this amazing community, Unfortunately with FC2 they gave us a patch to fix up some stuff but it brought with it some new problems, we didn't get to play any matches with the Devs and Kimi was left out on her own to work with the community - looks like you guys already have this side covered - looking forward to the after support.

(Q) Do rounds fired still have a range limit ?
    (when using an AK in FC2 there is no impact after about 75meters - which is lame) With the inclusion of scopes mounted to said rifle I would imagine the limitation is gone but maybe a scope just adds ~20m to the limit... IDK If anyone can say for sure please reply.

(Q) FC2 had a vote option to kick out disruptive players. Is this feature still in FC3? If so what improvements have been made with this feature?

(Q) In Far Cry 2 only some objects had physics, is Far Cry 3 going to have a toggle on/off for objects or just per-defined objects with physics?

(Q) In Far Cry 2 vehicles would go from smoke to fire and then explode, are the vehicles going to be destructible that way again?
    Comment on FC2 vehicle destruction: It was horrible, I could jump off a mountain, jump off the truck and still be alive

(Q) Is Far Cry 3 going to have a mortar for multiplayer? If not singleplayer then?
    I personally loved to use it (even on mp with the map editor mods that exist)

(Q) Does the map editor have traps that you can place and also does it have like secret moving walls or stuff like that?

(Q) Can you still fall from a mountain into the water and take no damage?

(Q) Can you take the weird mushrooms and drive, also does multiplayer have those mushrooms?
    PS: I'd love to be able to place some with the map editor and that you can eat , just for the fun of it

(Q) Are you able to confirm that we can set number of lives/spawns per match? This would be a HUGE customization boost to private matches and surely will promote people to create more strategic and complex maps to match limited life gameplay.

(Q) will we be able to set the waters' tone, fog density... And other parameters? It'd be really important, as some maps might just not be beach ones, like some dense jungle maps (Where the water, obviously, would be darker green colored and more foggy.).

(Q) How will the leveling up process work in Multiplayer regarding custom maps? Is it going to be like FC2 where we couldn't level up in custom matches(aside from your level for that lobby only) and had to start at level one every time? Or is the leveling up process connected between official playlists and custom maps/matches? I know you said that highly rated maps will make it into the official playlist, but user-made maps won't get played nearly as much if playing on them originally doesn't help you level up at all

(Q) Can we have different playable areas for different game modes or is it just 1 playable area for the whole map?
    (If I build a bigger map for Firestorm but just want to use half of it for domination game mode, will I be able to set a different size area for each)

Just one question interest me:
    Is it possible to use in multiplayer, ammunition boxes (like in FC2)?

O
    r we have to pick up weapons from dead bodies, as long as the entire arsenal on the map won't exhausted?
    Last edited by TigraPolosatiy; 08-13-2012 at 04:12 PM.

I think this covers your question Tigra (Taken from the MP FAQ Thread which Gearhead kindly put together)

21.(Q) - Can weapons run out of ammo and if they do what is the process?

(A) “- Sure they can. If you run out of ammo you will have to acquire more by walking over killed enemies. You can always pick up weapons from dead enemies and use them instead when ammo gets low.”

Quote Originally Posted by FALLEN CHAMP View Post
    I think this covers your question Tigra (Taken from the MP FAQ Thread which Gearhead kindly put together)

21.(Q) - Can weapons run out of ammo and if they do what is the process?

(A) “- Sure they can. If you run out of ammo you will have to acquire more by walking over killed enemies. You can always pick up weapons from dead enemies and use them instead when ammo gets low.”
    Hmmm. as I understand, you can forget about the crates. Dead bodies with weapons will end - and player's life will end)))
    nice.. =__=

Anyway. thanks for the answer
    Last edited by TigraPolosatiy; 08-13-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast