Thread: newbie qustion sub doesnt turn anymore | Forums

newbie qustion sub doesnt turn anymore

before you say that something is damaged i check the damage page and and the hydraulic pumps and rudder transmissions are fine . The only thing
    that is damaged is the dive planes trans . but im still able to dive. i have the stock game from steam when i click on the rudder control's
    the crew reads it out to me but no movement
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Take your external cam and see if you have a rudder.
    If not you're a goner No way to fix it and no way to steer.

Magic

Welcome to the non steering boat mate.

Welcome aboard! Magic is correct. If you are depth charged near your stern area there is a possibility you can lose your rudder. I've had it happen once and I was lucky to be on a straight course from the Marshall's back to Pearl. If you don't have a straight run back to base you gotta re-load an older save.

"Just because we sank one of em doesn't mean the wars over, keep hunting"

In the game, you can not operate your two screws independently. In real life, they could. I wonder why the game would allow a rudder to be damaged if you have no way of using differential engine power to steer the boat?

From the way the sub moves in the game's "ocean", it might actually be possible to travel thousands of miles without a rudder, if you could use your engines to steer. That would be a neat addition to the game. Wonder if there is any way to mod that.

I sometimes really wish the sub operated against the environment more like a real simulator, like any of the flight simulator software you can get for a PC. There are times I wish I could operate actual dive planes and drive the boat differently than just "sinking". Or use them to hold the boat down with forward motion, and then pop up to the surface more quickly for a gun attack. You read about tactics like that being done in the war, and really wish I could try stuff like that in the game.

That has happend to me also. But before exiting I just kept driving my boat straight to an island or someplace. Beached the boat. Abandoned ship and set explosives to keep it out of Jap hands. Of course you can only navigate straight to land. The game can only do so much. Still a little fun to do a what if. Who knows maybe that island is populated by enough beautiful, topless native women for every crewman! Or maybe cannibals.

If you're unlucky enough to get your rudder blown off what makes you think that you'll be lucky enough for topless women.
    Watch out for the cannibals.

Magic