Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you travel & game? | Forums

How do you travel & game?

Just thought I'd check in for some quick advice!

I'm currently overseas traveling, and managed to bring way too much gear with me (netbook, iPad, PS Vita, 3DS, Appleseed manga and 1 book on paranoia) when I'm only traveling for two weeks. But considering I'm moving soon, I'm likely to travel cross country quite a bit when I get home too, and don't want to make the same mistake of overloading!

Curious to find out what everyone feels are their must-bring devices when traveling for a week or longer to places that won't necessarily have consoles, gaming PCs, etc. and what do you usually load up on (movies, TV shows, music, books?).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

When I did my roadtrip around Germany for a week, I just brought my laptop and eReader, loaded up on books and music for the train rides and car rides. Usually u find yourself so busy that having 5/6 gadgets is overload. Pick your most used on a daily basis and the one with good battery life. That way you don't have to worry about finding a way to charge them if you're nowhere near an outlet.
    Books are amazing time killers, so long as you enjoy them. Music, can never go wrong You always have something to jam out to and fill the quiet time of traveling with beats and karaoke!

I usually like to bring one handheld, whether that's a 3DS or Vita, my laptop (doesn't do much actual gaming), and my Galaxy.
    Traveling is usually the only time I crack open the 3DS, so it's a great opportunity to catch up on some of those games.
    Other than that, and mobile games on the phone, I don't focus a whole lot on gaming, since it's my go-to when I'm at home.
    I really enjoy curling up with a good book, and just browsing the net; they're great de-stressors.

When traveling I first make sure to load up my iPhone with my favorite music, apps, and games. I also bring my laptop so I can do whatever I need to do on that, whether it be gaming, lurking on the Internets, or to do something that people would deem productive. One must-have for me is my ZAGGsparq that allows me to extend the battery life of my iPhone, since I use it so much.

I haven't really traveled since we bought our Vita, but I imagine when we head off to PAX we'll bring it with us... however I won't be able to use it while we're in the car as it makes me get nauseated. I will be bringing some books to read when we aren't in the car, so if you have any favorites or ones you're wanting to read def go and take them!
    Massive thanks to EmperorxZurg for the sweet sig!

My monopoly handheld game, definitely a must bring for me. Got it about 9 years ago and haven't parted with it since

---------------------------------------

"Welcome to Monopoly, the game of realistic trading! Would you like to play a game! Select your token!"

I have a gaming laptop. I got a laptop instead of a desktop because I am always on the move and I can't bring my desktop everywhere haha.

A lot of people talk against them but I love mine. I'm able to play Skyrim on ultra high settings with no lag and quick loading times. The only issues I have is overheating but I just bought a better cooling pad and it works amazingly!
    The Alot is better than you at everything.

I guess I don't really game to much when I travel, but I don't travel all that much recently.

I take my galaxy smart ^.^ and I take my camera. I'd rather enjoy/document my travel than game through it since I game so much when I'm home.

Sig by the awesome : Ukyo
    <3 NomNom

Get Onlive.com and bring only your laptop. I think it's what I'd do if I had to travel a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mak54291 View Post
    Get Onlive.com and bring only your laptop. I think it's what I'd do if I had to travel a lot.
    Onlive with a netbook baffles everyone at the airport!

"Batman Arkham Asylum on max graphics, but you're on a net book O.o whaaa?!"

Forgot to say that you need a 10mbit connection at the motel...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast