Don't buy it. Here's the reasons I told my friendd not to buy it...
1. No coop - not like there used to be. The replayability sucks on this game outside of multiplayer. The only coop that os offered is to play the same linear campaign over and over to even come close to what the old elimination on GRAW used to be. Oh, and the campaign is on rails. Even on the parts where you can "decide" how to approach enemies, you have to have firefights with them. The game won't let you sneak by like a real insertion team. And it plays very much like COD in the fact that your little 4 man army can take down everything at all times. 4 versus 400 os no problem.
2. Multiplayer net code sucks. Worst game design ever. Not only do you play person to person, but you have to be logged in to ubisoft servers too. I'm not sure why ubisoft decided both were necessary, but their servers aren't dedicated servers. So when Jonny Noname quits, you lose all your experience because he was host. Their servers are only there to make sure you dumped cash into their uplay to play the game. Their servers are a large reason people have been having horrible issues connecting to games or getting games that are lag-free.
3. Nobody plays - ubisoft severely divided the few that play this game by being money lovers and offering dlc. Already it is hard to find a game of Stockade because only people who have dlc can play together and nobody plays it until evening. Naysayers and fanboys will disagree, but today a buddy and I sat around for 10 minutes before the room filled up. Played a few games, somebody quit, same story of waiting around.
4. Not realistic....at all. Not even semi-realistic. The old games were great in the fact that one bullet would certainly wound or incaoacitate you, or potentially kill you. Just today I shot an enemy as he charged down the hallway and he ate about 5 bullets, then it cut to the animation of him knifing me. Reminded me of COD. Not the same as it once was.
5. I'm sure you've heard already, but no custom rooms. Can't turn off anything... Compaired to other great games in terms of replayability (every first person shooter out there... and third person shooters out there) this is a joke. If we are forced to play the same way it gets stale quick.
6. They messed up the third person completely. When in cover players can see most of the battlefield and even "pre-aim" on enemies. Then they can instantly aim down the sight of the gun and get off 7 rounds before the other player can react, even if the enemy is on over-watch position (waiting for anyone to pop out). It's foolish. A huge part of it is lag, so see also number 2 above. 7. The map design os terrible. Any time you plan on ways in a game to work around teams that spawn trap, that's called ****ty map design. Only allowing 1 or 2 ways out of the spawn zone is stupid, even in the new dlc maps. It will happen almost every game to your team or the team you're playing. Gone are the days of large open terrain maps with infinite routs. We're stuck with urban settings on every map with 2 to 3 areas to fight.
8. Guerrilla mode is a joke. Your mission, if you choose to play this game type, is to keep infinite enemies off of this floor I just mopped, or the game will end and you will lose. Really? I'm not even defending a sensor or an HVT or something? Nope... just this pretty blue colored floor. Oh, and you can't play it with randoms like in other games. Nope, that would require too much work. You HAVE to play with friends. Sure, you can play by yourself. See how long that replayability lasts... And you know what the best part is? After round 10 you get to move 20 yards to your left and defend another pretty blue floor and take down unsuspecting guards who didn't hear the gunshots from the first 10 rounds. I mean are you serious?
9. Replayability sucks without a firefight or terrorist hunt of some kind. This is the first ubisoft tom clancy game in 10 years to not offer one. Yeah, it's supposed to be a new direction for ghost recon. Unfortunately without this mode, this game is history in 2 more months except for the fanboys. And reading through all the above, most of the fldedicated ghost recon fans have gone. There are only about 50 on these forums that give a **** anymore, and they actually believe if they post more they are more correct than somebody else.
End of the day, don't waste your cash. Wait for something you know you REALLY want and buy it, not something you need to be talked into.
RIP Ghost Recon...
Will people still stop calling this game a 'Tactical Shooter', it's a Team Based Shooter
o.k thank you for your input but ooowwww i got a extreme headace reading that u could have hit enter a couple of times n it wouldn't hurt
Originally Posted by Jackal_47
I would have... but I did it all on my phone. I wanted to give feedback honestly. Sorry, my phone didn't do a good job of showing me the layout. That's as good as you get But seriously, the last point (not numbered) is the best advice. Get something you know you will love, not something you have to be talked into.
**** cod.all that game is is campers n 12 year olds.big still a big BF3 fan.but this game just makes me smile.**** YouTube just buy the game n shut up.
See that? Fanboy. Told you to watch out for them. He gave no reason to buy it other than "F COD blah blah blah..." Plus, he can't type... at all... so he/she probably isn't mature enough to give you advice on how to handle your money.
u make valid point n thats why i didn't buy it i just put up half 4 it with a friend so if its not good then i don't have 2 regret buying it full price
Originally Posted by Jackal_47
uuugghhh...... I didn't see anyone on here "talking him into it". You were the one who wrote a short story on issues your having with the game.
Originally Posted by Jackal_47
1) There is no LOCAL campaign coop, but you can take it down with friends online.
2) SOME people are having problems with the multiplayer, clearly Jackal is one of them, so his opinion is bias.
3) i NEVER have a problem finding a room, and if "no body played" i wouldn't play. Jackal, you are just proving yourself to be incompetent. Next time, get some actual figures, as opposed to just typing, facts are great.
4)IT'S A FREAKING VIDEO GAME! If you want realism, join the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard bloody hell, join a Private Militia. Stop quoting realism on something we all use to escape reality for a few hours.
5) No, there are no custom rooms, but that is not by ANY means a reason NOT to get a game.
6)the TPS is fine. either you haven't played GRAW2, or your too used to FPS, cause it's how i remember it.
7) Maps are fine, they are on the smaller side, but that is evened out by 6v6.
8)Guerilla Mode is bad, i agree with you there. I was hoping for more of a G.O.W. feel (more mindless killing aspect), but, guerilla was not why i bought the game. I bought for the campaign, and multiplayer.
9)I play about 4 or 5 nights a week, and the only reason i cut short those night is because i am off my game and i get too frustrated to enjoy myself. Also, the only time you get a "Host Migration" is when the Host rage quits.
So, like i said in the beginning, if your on the fence, purchase a USED copy, that way IF you don't like it, you can return it. Don't listen to this ONE guy. He's miserable. I'm glad to see that you went halfsies on a copy. Let us know what you think. What system are you on BTW?
Jackal = Scrub
Last edited by PublicVermin; 08-13-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Okay public garbage, so you insult me and cast judgment on me because you're a fanboy... I get it. Thanks for reinforcing my point. You're the reson I really don't post - you actually believe you're right. Anyways...
I like how first-hand accounts and experiences need to be proven as "facts." Tell you what - you PROVE to me with FACTS that people are NOT waiting around for games of stockade, and I'll believe you. Funny - you can't prove it with facts either, unless you're counting first-hand knowledge.
1. I told him you can play coop with friends - you just didn't like that I told him the replayability of it blows goats. Truth hurts.
2. I have not had problems playing this game - in fact, I have a level 50 for each class and then some. I play regularly. I just told my friends the game sucks, because we're used to firefights and strategically taking down huge mapes of enemies together how we want to. This game clearly doesn't offer anything even close to that - so I told them it sucks. They don't care for fast-twitch multiplayer. But thanks for telling people I have connection problems. Again, where are your FACTS?
3. I'm incompetent - how many degrees do you have? Or are you still working on middle school? See? I can be insulting too. Get some FACTS.
4. LIke I said, compared to ALL the other Ghost Recon games, your character is a bullet sponge. Not even close to the other games, not even SEMI-RELISTIC. That way they could cater to all the COD scrubs like public garbage here... I didn't say I wanted realisim now, did it? Nope - just compared it to the other Ghost Recon games constructively. But good job reading and getting your FACTS.
5. No custom rooms = dead game withing 2-3 months except for fanboys. Forcing people to play a certain way is foolish and kills the life of a game. I bet I could still get on an old Halo 3 game somewhere and find people playing custom games - know why? Because you could modify maps and make different rules, etc... Bungie knows how to keep longevity of games. Yes, I used Halo as an example because of the publisher. They're a prime example of how customization should work. At least that's my opinion. But again, if you want FACTS just ask public garbage here... oh wait...
6. Wow - what a good FACT you shared. It's how you remember it? I can recall threads on how terrible the third person is in this game compared to older Ghost Recon titles. It's not even CLOSE to GRAW 2. But that would be an opinion. Clearly, your FACTS are so much more accurate because they're first-hand experiences... oh wait...
7. Maps are fine - where are your FACTS? Is that an opinion again? You can't share those here or you get flamed by fanboys... oh wait...
8. Thanks for reinforcing my piont - guerrila mode is terrible and not a fun coop experience. Again, replayability sucks outside of competative person-to-person connection multiplayer that requires ubisoft servers with lag and rage quitters. Cool.
9. Ha - you get frustrated and quit? That's funny! Who's the scrub? I play almost daily.
public garbage = wast of my time
See? Isn't insulting people online fun? Anyone can do it and feel tough. I just gave honest points as to why I told my friends not to buy it. All I said was that he shouldn't have to be talked into buying something he's not sure he will even like. I gave him counters as to why all of my friends don't have this game - its not for them. So if these don't apply to him, then by all means, buy it. I'm just giving him my honest shake on why it's not a good game compared to older Ghost Recon titles. Get your FACTS straight.
ahhhh, i see you have no valid arguments, judging by the ONE time i mentioned using facts on a player count, real good. Also, if your simply talking about ONE MP mode, say it, i wouldn't have disagreed with you on Stockade, i don't play it anyways.
And yes, i have off nights, why should i play if i'm not having fun? That does not define a scrub, someone as yourself, on the otherhand, openly saying you dislike the game, yet you play almost daily? Whos the real scrub? Pick a side of the fence, people don't have games they don't like due to a laundry list of personal problems with it, and still play daily. Also, games change with time, why shouldn't this one. If it stuck true to older GR games, it would have done worse than it did now, they want to attrack new people, but that is evidently not what you want... Funny, seems like you want the old GR's back,where as i just want a great game, i have what i want. Looks like the REAL fanboy isn't happy. Again, EVERYTHING you have stated was BIAS BS, crap that you think is wrong with the game, there were no REAL issues, just crap that made your view of the game crappy. In the case of the game, your trash is my treasure. I could sit here and go back and forth with you all day, but i'm not, i refuse to get so worked up over a kid online. You can have fun posting what you hate about a video game, i won't try an stop you. If you want to seem more credible, though, try and be objective, post from both sides of the fence (shouldn't be hard, your two posts are clearly there already), that way people are able to weigh the info at hand, and not think of you as some pathetic kid pissed cause his allowance was wasted. Good day, Scrub
Last edited by PublicVermin; 08-13-2012 at 04:06 PM.