Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed III : Connor Did What Now??! (EscoBlades Video) | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPerkele View Post
    AC1 was not about "Arabs against Europeans", it was about the Christian Crusaders invading a Muslim country and the war that evolved from this - that's a difference. Noone complained, because you weren't an "Arab killing Europeans", you were someone who was on his own, someone who didn't support either of the forces, that's what made AC1 so appealing, at least to me.

Robert de Sable, Maria Thorpe (somehow), Garnier de Naplouse, William de Montferrat, Sibrand = 5 targets
    Majd Addin, Jubair Al-Hakim, Abu'l Nuqoud, Tamir, Talal = 5 targets

The Templars were equal on both sides And yes, you killed Al Mualim, but that's something entirely different.
    ALL of this applies to AC III, but you choose to view it otherwise simply because its America..

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Everything wrong with AC II
    Everything wrong with Ezio
    "
    Everytime there is a Connor debate on the forums, Ubi pushes back the Connor sequel another year."-Mayrice
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I never understood why British placed so much emphasis on who kills who. It's a video game made out of polygons and textures.

So nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin_M View Post
    ALL of this applies to AC III, but you choose to view it otherwise simply because its America..
    No, we view it otherwise because the marketing got buggered this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniTorsi View Post
    I never understood why British placed so much emphasis on who kills who. It's a video game made out of polygons and textures.

So nonsensical.
    Agreed, but it wasn't just the British...

Quote Originally Posted by Locopells View Post
    No, we view it otherwise because the marketing got buggered this time around.

No, and I wont start this again..

Just watch the earlier media for Assassins Creed I..

I will not reply to anything regarding this matter anymore..

"
    Everytime there is a Connor debate on the forums, Ubi pushes back the Connor sequel another year."-Mayrice

As stated before, everyone was british except for the French and Native Americans who both opposed the british anyways for the most part because a little something called the French and Indian war which ends a year after where the game starts. We see connor mostly killing red coats in the trailers because I honestly think we will be mostly killing red coats. Sure, i we can kill whoever in free roam because that would just suck not be able to, but the british army and loyalist vastly outnumbered the continental army. Those looking to break away from England were few in numbers and not usually skilled militia men so it wouldn't make sense to kill a **** ton of "future americans" when their numbers were already dwindling. The fact of the matter, like every other AC game, those in power and in this case, England's King and officials were corrupt and any corrupt person in power has usually been a templar. We will be killing templars and their agents or puppets even if the puppets have no clue. Of course connor will have to kill so blue coats bc they are also puppets to corrupt brits breaking away from England. It's basically just a civil war fought over seas. I'm American and I love all my British brothers. Pretty sure every American does now, but I will have me some fun going Mel Gibson on some Red Coats. I just hope Lucius Malfoy is it so I can stab him with a bayonet. Cheers

I'll tell you why I was disappointed - I felt the marketing was doing an injustice to what will be a great game.

Ubisoft always do a lot to embrace the grey area between good and bad, and they've stressed many times that this will be the case for AC3. Connor even says he isn't fighting for one side. Corey May said he wanted this game to return to the more complex motives that the Templars hold.

And then the marketing was heavily focused on Connor backing the Americans. The real game will deal with the issue so much better, I was sad that the advertising was handled as it was.

I mean, yeah, I understand completely where you're coming from, but it's hard to completely appeal to one side or the other without offending someone. From a marketing standpoint, they prob made their decision based on it being easily recognizable to the general public. The American Revolution strongly carries the theme of Patriotism, liberty, and democracy. Here in the states, many people would be confused if you had an american Revolution game trailer where you kill a bunch of Patriots. That prob wouldn't go over too well when it is one of the most important events of our country and we all grew up being taught that we revolted for the greater good and to rid ourselves from anarchy and oppression. I'm sure if they made a game about the civil war, the assassin will be shown killing a lot of my ancestors here in the south because history basically looks at the South as the bad guys of the time and the North as the good guys fighting against slavery among many other things. But that's history, we can't change it. It's the same reason why connor is decorated in Patriot colors instead of a red coat. For marketing reasons, people would be like why the heck is the main character a bad guy when it's about the "American Revolution". Plus, EVERYONE IS BRITISH AT DURING THIS TIME PERIOD.

But just curious, how is the American Revolution portrayed in schools overseas?
    Last edited by projectpat06; 08-10-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickj1 View Post
    I mean, yeah, I understand completely where you're coming from, but it's hard to completely appeal to one side or the other without offending someone. From a marketing standpoint, they prob wanted made their decision based on it being easily recognizable to the general public.
    I hate it when Someone says that the USA is the general Public, because they are TOTALLY not..

"

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin_M View Post
    I hate it when Someone says that the USA is the general Public, because they are TOTALLY not..
    I meant that by the American general public meaning that there many if not most Americans who have a poor education and would only be able to associate with the war being against the red coats. When a game is mass marketed here based our country's defining war, they would be confused.

"Attracting the sheeple", that's how i call it.
    "People are locked into a box. They see the box around them, They see the holes, the leaks and the cracks and they try to fix them but they don't stop to think that maybe there's something wrong with the box itself."

-Peter Joseph

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"

-Goethe

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast