Thread: Community Still Alive? | Forums

Community Still Alive?

Sup guys.

So with 1.4 FINALLY on it's way, it seems multiplayer will be fixed. But has the damage already been done?

Is there still a community remaining after the whole launch fiasco? It'd be kinda dumb to have multiplayer fixed only for the servers to go empty.

Pitch your thoughts, and give ideas on how Ubi could re-energize the online community. I personally think a Steam Sale would be in order. That or a full relaunch of the game.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

We shouldn't make any premature opinions. Let's wait for at least a week after the 1.4 patch and see if this will work out. Now it's pretty empty everywhere and I hope it's because most of the people are waiting for the fix.

I do hope so. I personally will be back on if the multi gets stabilized. It is pretty darned fun when it works. But, yeah, I'll still play. I still have a scout and an engineer to level up.

I, personally, haven't played in a few days. I got burnt out playing with the same groups of people every day(Small community)... that and the level of cheaters using trainers is amazing... every 2-3 games you have a guy spamming stun mines, nades, or sensors. IF they can really fix this game and IF they remarket it the right way they can win back at least a decent portion of the people, but that is a BIG IF.... UBI had an amazing sales quarter, I am thinking they even broke records; however, that is also a reason I personally believe they will do this fix and that is it. Simply because they CAN afford to cut losses. Hope they prove me wrong and make this game what it should have been, I know Ghost Recon online kinda sucks gameplay wise compared to this.

You can't expect any game outside of the huge titles to last much longer than a couple of months online. There will probably be a small dedicated community but that's it. It could/should have been much larger. At the very least PC games need a vote to kick feature. Max Payne 3 just added that to their PC version today, it's great.

I switched over to the Ghost Recon Online beta yesterday after 9 connection lost/minidump errors in a row. It's free, infinitely more tactical, and I'm having a blast.

If you REALLY think 1.4 will fix ALL the issues in this game, hah I doubt it. The game has tons of bugs/disconnections/hackers/horrible game producing problems to be fixed in 1 patch. I mean, they tried patching the game 3 different times already

Well if you can't even PLAY the game then no one gets on........................

In large part, the damage has already been done to the community. This game will never be what it should have been for PC Players. When you select find a match, and it takes more than 5 minutes, all you can do is face palm in this age of digital media were things are instant. Right there is a key indicator.

UBI's slow response time makes it even worse be releasing a critical patch 5 months later. This will be the last time I give UBIsoft my money for any of its products until it can regain its trust from their community. At the current rate they are going, I don't expect that anytime soon...

Month and a bit after release. It takes more time to locate a functioning game than it does to actually play. Then you have random crashes. Disconnects. So on, and so forth.

This is a month after people have paid $90 for it. (AU) and the game is still fundamentally broken.

Yuh, community has left. Even with the odd community manager popping in to tell us its our systems that are the problem or network settings.

Ubisoft have been weighed, measured and found wanting to learn how to program for PC. Their porting skills are the worst ive seen, only made worse by the lack of preparedness to resolve the issues. ie: month later and the game cant even be used as a paperweight.

Last ubisoft purchase.