View Poll Results: Answer the BLUE question:

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Why?)

1 25.00%
  • No (Why not?)

3 75.00%

Thread: Should the Jammer hide the UAV icon? | Forums

Question Should the Jammer hide the UAV icon?

Flying a UAV near a friendly Jammer does not hide the UAV icon, even if the enemy player is within the Jammer's radius.

The Jammer will disrupt the enemy's HUD and mini-map, but they can still see that big red "Shoot me down" sign above the UAV, which appears on their HUD (!?).

My question for you forum-goers is this:

Should placing a UAV or UCAV within the radius of a friendly Jammer result in the red icon disappearing from above the UAV/UCAV? Similarly, if an enemy player is within the radius of a friendly Jammer, should the UAV icon be removed from the player's screen, regardless of where it is?
    Last edited by Charity Diary; 08-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

idk, atleast i do not see any exploits coming with this.
    Prolly way too situaltional, to make use of this. I don't think i really would plant a sensor jammer to hide the UAV of my team mate. rather just plant a camera, which is totally underused, despite being such a PIA, especially when trying to get it out, its so small, with so much range.

Quote Originally Posted by IV-70 View Post
    idk, atleast i do not see any exploits coming with this.
    Prolly way too situaltional, to make use of this. I don't think i really would plant a sensor jammer to hide the UAV of my team mate. rather just plant a camera, which is totally underused, despite being such a PIA, especially when trying to get it out, its so small, with so much range.
    Well, the UAV has a lot more range than the camera does. You could point it down a long stretch of the map, and set a jammer near it to hide it from enemy detection.

I don't know if the jammer does this, but it should prevent UAVs/UCAVs from detecting anyone near it.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron120 View Post
    I don't know if the jammer does this, but it should prevent UAVs/UCAVs from detecting anyone near it.
    I think it does.

It does. The person using it can see people, but it won't highlight them.

I voted no because the jammer should only be based on personel intel. The Jammer does it's job by protecting the players within it's radius so it renders the UAV obsolete in that circumstance, hiding the UAV would only encourage players to fly it near a Jammer and I don't know about you but I really don't want to deal with another intel system that can be exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoSmoove View Post
    It does. The person using it can see people, but it won't highlight them.
    I was referring to how, when you fly your UAV within the radius of a friendly jammer, hostiles can still see the large red icon over your UAV.

no, because the jammer is disrupting their incoming intel, not ours

ah, I see what your saying now charity. good point. maybe it should.