Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OCP - Bring it back! | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Quote Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 View Post
    Too easy? In deployment? or because of the rechargeable battery?

TBH Andre....looking to make everything "Challenging" is annoying. Walking is too easy....running is too easy....holding the pistol is too easy.

this micro difficulty is pointless and not really challenging IMO
    I like the old style. Question is, if they pick the Andre's idea, what will heppend with Co-op? You know the time when you are pointing at the camera and waiting for your buddy to pass? It's easy to do with infinite OCP, but without it, I don't know.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by NightGhost1994 View Post
    I like the old style. Question is, if they pick the Andre's idea, what will heppend with Co-op? You know the time when you are pointing at the camera and waiting for your buddy to pass? It's easy to do with infinite OCP, but without it, I don't know.
    I thought the COOP OCP was pretty well balanced, because one of the partners couldn't move in the time where he used the OCP. The time he could use it on one device was limited and you have to be pointing at that device the whole time. The OCP worked completely different there.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre202 View Post
    Because it's rechargeable. I am not saying, I don't like it in it's original form but I understood the people who complained about this feature in the past. People would just use the OCP the whole time because it's always there and they wouldn't try to be a bit creative and different in distracting enemies. Don't get me wrong I like the OCP, I use it too.
    And this bothers us..how?
    Because other people will rely on it..we need to curb it?
    That's twisted IMO
    Will you stick to ONE single tactic? or will you experiment.? Player choice

Just as I thought, people might not like this.
    The bold thing, that's why we had variable speed and the sound system.
    Well, it was too easy to switch between variable speeds and you could crouch ALL the time...it probably needs a stamina bar, replenished by food...../sarcasm
    :P

Players should be looking for challenges in other places...beyond the simple mechanical coordination required in most games.

Ever played the game Commandos?
    It's an isometric RTT game which gives you command of a squad of 3-6 Commandos (Set in WW2) and gives you multiple objectives to be completed using Stealth. Stabbing and hiding bodies is a matter of a few clicks.....what really is challenging is figuring out the patrols, timing and planning EVERYTHING down to the T.
    The focus is not on limiting the player abilities or making actions demanding to carry out......sniping, shooting, moving slowly or stealthily was simple as hell...but the game challenged you in beating the AI and insurmountable odds by being creative.

Players would stick to the beaten path and abuse a couple of the mechanics...that was inevitable..but for players looking for a cerebral challenge...it was a game second to none.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Quote Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 View Post
    And this bothers us..how?
    Because other people will rely on it..we need to curb it?
    That's twisted IMO
    Will you stick to ONE single tactic? or will you experiment.? Player choice
    Would it be that bad to have some lights which the OCP doesn't have any effect on? As said it was only one suggestion... It doesn't have to be done, I can live with the normal one just fine.

Players should be looking for challenges in other places...beyond the simple mechanical coordination required in most games.

Ever played the game Commandos?
    It's an isometric RTT game which gives you command of a squad of 3-6 Commandos (Set in WW2) and gives you multiple objectives to be completed using Stealth. Stabbing and hiding bodies is a matter of a few clicks.....what really is challenging is figuring out the patrols, timing and planning EVERYTHING down to the T.
    The focus is not on limiting the player abilities or making actions demanding to carry out......sniping, shooting, moving slowly or stealthily was simple as hell...but the game challenged you in beating the AI and insurmountable odds by being creative.

Players would stick to the beaten path and abuse a couple of the mechanics...that was inevitable..but for players looking for a cerebral challenge...it was a game second to none.
    Yes, I played the game, but I think I have never beaten the last mission. The mechanics in itself were easy to use that's right but it was balanced through all the stuff around you, through the patrol paths etc. You needed to use these gameplay mechanics at the right time. The focus wasn't on the gameplay features that much at all since they were all easy to use. Getting the right plan to achieve the objective was the big focus and challenge.

In Splinter Cell that's a whole different case because it offers deep gameplay mechanics.

I thought the COOP OCP was pretty well balanced, because one of the partners couldn't move in the time where he used the OCP. The time he could use it on one device was limited and you have to be pointing at that device the whole time. The OCP worked completely different there.
    That's what I am saying. If you can run out of battery, than you won't be able to pass Co-op without alarms, since you help each other.

OCP in Single player - No.
    OCP in Coop mode - Yes

As Andre said... use this gadget in Single Player mode from Chaos Theory was way too easy but if ubisoft modify it so that you could not use it so often then I don't mind, but in it's current form - No.
    http://www.upload-pictures.de/bild.php/35229,pureghostplayermini2SJII7.png
    If you're looking something different from Splinter Cell videos, (last my project was called Tactical Espionage from Chaos Theory - advanced ghost style), visit my fansite channel at this address: http://www.youtube.com/user/jaruto7?feature=mhee

Our ideas should serve as an inspiration for Ubisoft Toronto with new and innovative features in the right direction for next SC games: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...e-in-Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by NightGhost1994 View Post
    That's what I am saying. If you can run out of battery, than you won't be able to pass Co-op without alarms, since you help each other.
    I know, that's why I agreed. The OCP is different there. I am completely fine with that.

I am also fine with the normal OCP I just thought I could give a suggestion, so it's not always the solution to your problem you are facing in the game. I am not saying at all it shouldn't come back. When they presented the new FiveSeven prototype in Conviction we had the whole discussion about the OCP and also why a newer version of the FiveSeven, a prototype, has "less functions" than the old one.
    Last edited by Andre202; 08-09-2012 at 06:08 PM.

M&E with OCP, haha.

Now that would be funny.

Maybe there will be an OCP-like device in the form of a crossbow bolt. Maybe a limited number of disposable EMP rounds that permanently disables an electronic device?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast