Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Combat Questions/Ideas | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalACFan View Post
    I think that video may have been taken down, but yes, I've seen it in action too. Basically, it looks like it functions like the Batclaw Slam move in Batman: Arkham City. Throw out a rope dart, stick in in a guy, yank it back in and kill him with your tomahawk.
    One guy asked me for it before so I had posted it, lol, can't find it anymore.

Okay here it is, courtesy Slayer_WTF

Last edited by sidspyker24; 08-10-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by sidspyker24 View Post
    One guy asked me for it before so I had posted it, lol, can't find it anymore.

Okay here it is, courtesy Slayer_WTF

That's not the video I was looking for, but that's the move. I had seen it previously in a full bootleg version of the Boston demo.

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalACFan View Post
    That's not the video I was looking for, but that's the move. I had seen it previously in a full bootleg version of the Boston demo.
    I suppose you mean this video, that move appears at 5:00

Quote Originally Posted by sidspyker24 View Post
    I suppose you mean this video, that move appears at 5:00

Yep, that's the one. I figured it may have been taken down, since it's obviously not the official version. Whoever was playing the game sucked. Badly. He got hit by like every attack, lol.

Cool! thanks guys.

but is that it when it comes to the rope dart? batman's grapnel gun or the hoist a dude from a tree.
    I know the weapon wasn't really implemented in American combat but I was hoping to see Connor fling the rope dart around like in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhW67MBO8M8
    Pumped for a classic return to form with a twist in Blacklst.
    All I wanna know now is how awesome will this game be on my third playthrough!!

Quote Originally Posted by daveintheshade View Post
    Cool! thanks guys.

but is that it when it comes to the rope dart? batman's grapnel gun or the hoist a dude from a tree.
    I know the weapon wasn't really implemented in American combat but I was hoping to see Connor fling the rope dart around like in this video:

It's not a weapon (It's referred to as a tool in-game), and Connor doesn't know Kung-Fu, so no, we won't be swinging it around and using it like a regular weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by daveintheshade View Post
    Cool! thanks guys.

There might be other attacks, but nothing that elaborate. Maybe if there's ever an Assassin's Creed in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by crash3 View Post
    Despite what we have seen in demos, I hope there is still an element of manual aiming and not the lock-on system, it would add more challenge, plus it isnt fair that Connor never misses when using his pistols and yet a whole group of professinal line infantry soldiers misses connor. Ubisoft says guns were primitive in the 1700s so werent very accurate, well apply that to Connors guns too!

There are various combat features that I hope are in AC3

1. Instant detection (no silly detection meter that fills up slowly)
    2. All guards have the ability to dodge randomly so combat is unpredictable
    3. Opponents should be able to break your guard leaving you exposed so you have to react quickly
    4. Opponents should be able to carry out lethal counters so if you attack them, they counter you and take away some of your sync in the process. (non-lethal counters should also be present for both Connor and his oppponents just to make combat more interesting, it doesnt always have to be instant kills)
    5. More skilled opponents should be immune to one-hit kills during a kill streak, they should take multiple kill streak moves and multiple counters to be defeated just like the Janissaries in ACR
    6. Assassination targets who decide to fight back instead of running should be more challenging than regular soldiers to defeat (classic big boss take down)
    7. Professional soldiers should stand their ground and not try to run away like in previous games
    8. Horse combat should not just be a button smashing exercise like in ACB, there should be counters and other skills involved, not just instant kills, Id quite like to be able to cross swords with an opponent for a good while and try to find a weakness that I can exploit.
    9. If Connor has to fight any native Americans they should be a challenge as they are using similar weapons and skills to Connor
    10. Each archetype of soldier shouldnt have one set of skills, there needs to be some kind of overlap between different types of soldier so combat is less predictable and we dont necessarily know what strategy to use against them
    11. Escaping should be challenging therefore giving us an incentive to be stealthy and not get detected, soldiers shouldnt give up the chase so easily
    12. If Connor gets into a fight in a City where there will be better communication, soldiers should continually arrive in the area to fight Connor so he is forced to escape or else he will be killed. Connor shouldnt just kill the soldiers in the immediate area then return to being incognito automatically, there need to be more consequences for fighting and not being stealthy

I think these features Ive suggested will make combat more exciting, challenging and simply more satisfying

What are your thoughts?
    For these ideas, I agree, though I think I could comment on some.

1. I would like to keep suspicion in AC3, but when Connor commits a crime of any type in a guard's view, they should instantly react. While this is already in the series when you kill people, guards should at least try to intervene in brawls, by interrupting a conflict between Connor and an NPC, and try and hold the Assassin back if it's a fist-fight with a guard. For thievery, it should result in the guard trying to run after and grab Connor to arrest him, only drawing their musket out if the Assassin gets too far away and they attempt a pot-shot to stop him from moving.

3. When it comes to Agile enemies, they shouldn't be able to break Connor's guard in one attempt, but they should be eager to land a sneaky attack in if the Assassin's guard had been broken. During this time, Connor should only be able to dodge, as well as being able to only use non-lethal counters, though it should require a small delay.

4. I wouldn't mind guards performing lethal counters (i.e. physically killing Connor in an animation), but only if the Assassin's health is very low and the player doesn't attempt to dodge it.

5. While I'd like some enemies to be immune to an instant kill, I would rather have a few archetypes (e.g. Hardy) require 2-3 counters to fully kill them, with lower ranked guards with a Hardy archetype blocking one counter-kill attempt, and higher ranked Hardy guards blocking two counter-kill attempts. Finally, I think at least one assassination target (closer to endgame) that can take a lot of counter-kill attempts could be present in AC3, similar to Cesare Borgia.

7. I would rather have a soldier run away to grab some more back-up than fully run away, but that should only be one guard in a grouped combat scenario.

12. To add to this, guards should be on high alert in the immediate area, showing suspicion on both regular citizens and Connor. On spotting him, the guard could seize him by the wrist, and Connor could push them away, making them shout (and possibly fall over) and all the nearby guards closing in on his location.
    Last edited by Serrachio; 08-11-2012 at 02:17 PM.

XBL: Saracchio
    PSN: Saracchio
    Assassin's Creed Wiki: Slate Vesper

Quote Originally Posted by Serrachio View Post
    For these ideas, I agree, though I think I could comment on some.

1. I would like to keep suspicion in AC3, but when Connor commits a crime of any type in a guard's view, they should instantly react. While this is already in the series when you kill people, guards should at least try to intervene in brawls, by interrupting a conflict between Connor and an NPC, and try and hold the Assassin back if it's a fist-fight with a guard. For thievery, it should result in the guard trying to run after and grab Connor to arrest him, only drawing their musket out if the Assassin gets too far away and they attempt a pot-shot to stop him from moving.

3. When it comes to Agile enemies, they shouldn't be able to break Connor's guard in one attempt, but they should be eager to land a sneaky attack in if the Assassin's guard had been broken. During this time, Connor should only be able to dodge, as well as being able to only use non-lethal counters, though it should require a small delay.

4. I wouldn't mind guards performing lethal counters (i.e. physically killing Connor in an animation), but only if the Assassin's health is very low and the player doesn't attempt to dodge it.

5. While I'd like some enemies to be immune to an instant kill, I would rather have a few archetypes (e.g. Hardy) require 2-3 counters to fully kill them, with lower ranked guards with a Hardy archetype blocking one counter-kill attempt, and higher ranked Hardy guards blocking two counter-kill attempts. Finally, I think at least one assassination target (closer to endgame) that can take a lot of counter-kill attempts could be present in AC3, similar to Cesare Borgia.

7. I would rather have a soldier run away to grab some more back-up than fully run away, but that should only be one guard in a grouped combat scenario.

12. To add to this, guards should be on high alert in the immediate area, showing suspicion on both regular citizens and Connor. On spotting him, the guard could seize him by the wrist, and Connor could push them away, making them shout (and possibly fall over) and all the nearby guards closing in on his location.
    I like your ideas, lets just hope that ubisoft actually reads what we have said and keeps trying to perfect combat for as long as possible before the release date and stops trying to accommodate for newcomers to the series, we have all been beginners at some point and all of us have gotten the hang of the combat. AC3 should be a reward to more experienced players who have put up with a whole trilogy of really easy games and are ready for a challenge
    Last edited by crash3; 08-11-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123