Maybe we could have special types of arrows for the bow such as Poison arrows that slow down fleeing animals and soldiers.
Despite what we have seen in demos, I hope there is still an element of manual aiming and not the lock-on system, it would add more challenge, plus it isnt fair that Connor never misses when using his pistols and yet a whole group of professinal line infantry soldiers misses connor. Ubisoft says guns were primitive in the 1700s so werent very accurate, well apply that to Connors guns too!
There are various combat features that I hope are in AC3
1. Instant detection (no silly detection meter that fills up slowly)
2. All guards have the ability to dodge randomly so combat is unpredictable
3. Opponents should be able to break your guard leaving you exposed so you have to react quickly
4. Opponents should be able to carry out lethal counters so if you attack them, they counter you and take away some of your sync in the process. (non-lethal counters should also be present for both Connor and his oppponents just to make combat more interesting, it doesnt always have to be instant kills)
5. More skilled opponents should be immune to one-hit kills during a kill streak, they should take multiple kill streak moves and multiple counters to be defeated just like the Janissaries in ACR
6. Assassination targets who decide to fight back instead of running should be more challenging than regular soldiers to defeat (classic big boss take down)
7. Professional soldiers should stand their ground and not try to run away like in previous games
8. Horse combat should not just be a button smashing exercise like in ACB, there should be counters and other skills involved, not just instant kills, Id quite like to be able to cross swords with an opponent for a good while and try to find a weakness that I can exploit.
9. If Connor has to fight any native Americans they should be a challenge as they are using similar weapons and skills to Connor
10. Each archetype of soldier shouldnt have one set of skills, there needs to be some kind of overlap between different types of soldier so combat is less predictable and we dont necessarily know what strategy to use against them
11. Escaping should be challenging therefore giving us an incentive to be stealthy and not get detected, soldiers shouldnt give up the chase so easily
12. If Connor gets into a fight in a City where there will be better communication, soldiers should continually arrive in the area to fight Connor so he is forced to escape or else he will be killed. Connor shouldnt just kill the soldiers in the immediate area then return to being incognito automatically, there need to be more consequences for fighting and not being stealthy
I think these features Ive suggested will make combat more exciting, challenging and simply more satisfying
What are your thoughts?
Last edited by crash3; 08-09-2012 at 12:23 PM.
On this land, I am torn. Part of me wants to fight and repel all outsiders. The other part of me is the outsider. In the name of Liberty, I will fight the enemy, regardless of their allegiance. While men of courage write history of this day, the future of our land depends on those who are truly free.
I think the developers have focused too much on designing cool new ways to KILL opponents, not necessarily FIGHT them. If we are stealthy like an assassin should be, then our targets will be more vulnerable, but if we become exposed and end up in a fight then the tables should turn in the soldiers' favour. Assassins kill, soldiers fight, combat shouldnt be a one sided massacre
Last edited by BBALive; 08-09-2012 at 09:29 PM.
I wanted to know if the rope dart can be used in actual combat, not just to hoist up some unlucky guard below a tree?
-if so, will it be like a "GET OVER HERE" (from MK) type trick or will it be a fully fledged weapon?
//Sorry if this was already brought up. I'm usually on the Splinter Cell side of the forums
Pumped for AC III
Stealththrough for SCBL was five kinds of sweet but I needs MORE!!!!!!!!!!
gradient crouching and medkits would be a nice start
Where did these casuals come from? Stop invading my AC!
Feel like chatting about AC? Unofficial chat here(Casuals not allowed)
Proud PC Gamer.
In CDPR we trust.
I disagree with #5. The Janissaries weren't tough, just annoying. I hated when they broke my kill streak because it didn't actually make the fight harder, just longer. There should be tough archetypes but they should be more based on smarter AI and being able to dodge and counter Connor's moves, not just blocking all the time.
Signature by Turul.
“I am a tactless minstrel,
I sing off-key for coins,
If you spot me in the streets,
Please kick me in the loins!”