Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With the new patch coming | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

With the new patch coming

Wondering if the new set speed is during actual song play or in the riff Repeater? Anyone know?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Accelerator

Yeah, I was thinking the Accelerator was the only place where it made sense, at least for the practice sections.

The ability to adjust the speed while rehearsing a whole song, or even have a way of throttling/increasing the speed of a song in mid-run so you could work out transitions would be kind of cool too. Not sure how they'd do that without some kind of foot pedal, though.

Quote Originally Posted by slabossiere View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the Accelerator was the only place where it made sense, at least for the practice sections.

The ability to adjust the speed while rehearsing a whole song, or even have a way of throttling/increasing the speed of a song in mid-run so you could work out transitions would be kind of cool too. Not sure how they'd do that without some kind of foot pedal, though.
    Rockband would let you change the speed dynamically just using the directional pad up and down buttons during practice. Shouldn't be that hard to do the same thing for rehearsal mode. Even if it's like the set mastery option in the start menu.

Rock Band's practice modes for pro guitar are really good. You can select the range you want to practice over, and during playback you can raise or lower the speed whenever you want. You also have an option to stop the note highway when you miss. So they essentially have all of their practice tools on one screen without having to jump in and out of modes - and setting speed is really fast without having to open up another menu. It's really well done. I was hoping they would add set speed to the leveller, and just remove the accellerator personally. I don't feel like I should need to jump out into a separate mode to slow things down...

Quote Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
    Rockband would let you change the speed dynamically just using the directional pad up and down buttons during practice. Shouldn't be that hard to do the same thing for rehearsal mode. Even if it's like the set mastery option in the start menu.
    I think he was leaning toward a more convenient way to quickly control it than to let go of the guitar to go for a controller.

I hope it fixes the issue with bends.

Quote Originally Posted by raynebc View Post
    I think he was leaning toward a more convenient way to quickly control it than to let go of the guitar to go for a controller.
    Yeah, that's basically what I was after. I've played a lot of Rock Band back in the day for in the pro keyboard track, and while the dpad does let you control things nicely, it was stuck right there on top of my keyboard inches from my fingers. I'm not so sure that would work well with a guitar in my hands.

Thinking about this some more, if there was a way to connect an expression pedal through USB, that could be a really good way of controlling the speed. With some settings, it could also be used to control parameters on certain effects, or even used as a simple volume pedal.

Technically, this idea isn't new as a lot of effect and modelling units are doing just that, but isn't that basically what Rocksmith is turning my XBox into anyway?

Since the controller functions in the game right now, is required to play the game. It's not a big leap to do what I suggested. It's not like you're changing any functionality to the game, you're just using the current tool in a more efficient manner. It's too bad the rockband system requires a special guitar, because it sounds like it got the practice tools right. Where Rocksmith's system is pretty cumbersome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast