Ubi Plz Read. My List of Multiplayer & Misc Features any FPS & TPS game should have
Ubisoft , Please use this list to check list before you release any more FPS and TPS games in the future ,
especially if it is using the "Tom Clancy" Brand Name.
(Note: If I missed anything. Please post on the thread and Ill give credit were its due)
(note: More to add down the track)
Snoopyau List of Multiplayer and Misc Features any FPS and TPS game should have on 2011 and onwards.
Main Points:- Supported Anti Cheat System , Free Dedicated Servers , Server Browser, Clan/Squad Party Support, Stable
- Ranked Dedicated Servers that the game company provides or game rental company or released for free
- Free Downloadable Unranked Dedicated Server software to support 8 player LAN play and 8 player online (DM/TDM/CTF/Capture/other)
- Server Browser - Able to
list servers by COUNTRY and PING ,
able to bookmark fav servers (At least 25 servers),
Able to bookmark friends (at least 25),
Able to list what servers friends are playing in.
Able to find out if a server has Punkbuster enabled or not (or another anti cheat system)
- LAN Multiplayer UNRANKED mode could offer an restriction compared to online mode
as an example, LAN Multiplayer could only offer Team Deathmatch , Deathmatch and Capture Modes
with only 1 squad of 4 people , vs another team/squad of 4 people.
- LAN Multiplayer UNRANKED mode without internet could also limit what weapons are available and provide no unlocks/rewards in the game.
- Network - Clan Tags Supported 3 to 6 characters (3 is bare min, 4 must be the min max supported on the game)
- LAN Unranked game does not need Internet
- While in a multiplayer game , TAB should bring up and remove the Multiplayer status
Should list the server name , Team SCORE BOARD and the people connected to the server on each team and their ping.
- Right clicking on one of these peoples names , should bring up a menu , add person as friend , view stats/profile , report user to server
admin , report user as hacker to game company & Server admin
- Server Admin functions Unranked Server and Free Ranked Server
The Server software should be released for free for Windows and Linux
The server software should not need a copy of the Retail Game on Disc or Digital Distrubution
The Server software should not need a hardware accerated graphics card.
The Server software should have a simple gui lancher
The server software should not have to need a seperate server/client running on another pc/connection to maintain the settings
The Server software settings should be stored on the servers client folder , eg server.cfg
if the Server crashed, it should use the last stored working config file
Server Admins should be able to do simple remote task's via the game client , view user ip/uplayid/stats , kick user for x hrs , ban user for
x hours , report user to superuser/uplay/punkbuster/ubi/etc , ban and kick should be able to have a reason .
Also should be able to kick and ban a user because they are the wrong language and high ping , eg over 500 ping , A french speaking person on
an AU/NZ hosted server
If you need an example of Free dedicated Server software, look at EA Games Battlefield 1942 Free dedicated server software.
- Cloud game saves. Save games should first STORE on the Hard Drive , then copy to the internet . If the Internet is not available
Local Hard Drive copy is used till Internet is available , compared and if the Internet one is older, Internet will be updated.
Cloud saves should not be different , eg DRM should not online only and offline should not use offline hdd only.
- Game Options. While in Single Player Missions and While in ONLINE or LAN mode , the USER should have the CHOICE of getting access to the
OPTIONS menu to choose button confiration and video and sound selections
- Game should give the user the option to disable to turn music to ZERO
- Game should give the user to skip 1 to 10 video "intros" in the begining of the game. Does the user really need to see all these logos
after the 90th time of loading it on the PC ?
- Adjustable FOV in MP
- Offer DirectX9 and DirectX 11 . Or Offer OpenGL3 (Offers same graphics as Direct9 and 10 , runs on Windows 2000/Xp/2003/Vista/7/Mac/Linux)
and OpenGL4 (Same features as DirectX11)
- Game supports running in "Window Mode"
- Game supports being Alt + Tabed
- FPS game on PC is not needed to support Joystick or joypad controller, optional extra support. Works better on Keyboard and Mouse.
Put more time and effort into working multiplayer.
Why LAN is important to feature in Networking support still in games.
Not everyone wants to be online 24/7
People playing in the same house/building/connection shouldnt be forced to use Online when they are playing over the LAN together.
Netcafe's bandwidth will be reduced for playing games together by LAN
Games can be still fun at a mates place via LAN or at an organised LAN Party or computer club event.
Not everyone has a large amount of bandwidth , some might be on 3g Mobile Internet , Dialup or moving house or in an area that they cant
Can you image the stuff around that GRFS PC in its current state would go thou in a 4 pc setup at a lan party or net gaming cafe , disconnections , host migrations , people
disconnecting from the squad setup , having to add everyones uplay name , All would be fixed by the Net Gaming Cafe/Lan Party hosting a local LAN server and the people using a server browser to find the local match.
I agree with you but this it's an old style client-server gaming infrastructure; not applicable to modern consolles so in "moneylanguage" it's an epic fail.
Hi there, ive seen your topic and i really support you.
But "Game supports running in windowed mode" is possible.
You just need to go to the documents and then go to Ubisoft/Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier
There will be a file called default, if not, try looking for it.
Open that file and scroll until you find "Fullscreen TrueGammaCorrection" i think, change "True" to "False" and the game will be running in windowed mode which will GREATLY increase the performance of the game.
And i still support that there has to be "fullscreen/windowed" in the option menu.
Good list. Obviously, we probably won't see all of these in the next Ghost Recon game, but even if some of them were included it would be a great improvement.
all i want is my options menu available while in game.
my first time playing i had to exit my match cause i forgot all the key bindings for small things.
its ridiculous that i cannot change my key bindings while in a match. even when in a lobby before a match i cant. have to completely leave any game just for that bs.
and yea the intro videos are ****ing stupid. i dont like to be reminded of which development team designed this ****ty first(time i ever made a game)personshooter
i always use windowed mode that would be great.
and going to lan partys with no internet access so cant play this game
dedicated servers is CRITICAL. lets you choose where and what you play, and of course eliminates disconnects due to connecting to americans from the UK etc
Thanks Sara . If the company actually listens is another story