Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Multiplayer dead? | Forums

Is Multiplayer dead?

Hey everybody,
    Don't know if anyone noticed that but multiplayer is basically dead (on PC). Very few players, I can only find few game modes (only free for all, takedown and sometimes racing). That must have something to do with matchmaking. I have this game since the release and it's so annoying that I didn't have a proper Capture The Flag match ever. I'd really like to see the bad matchmaking fix. This is such a good game and it's ruined by such a little thing.

Anybody agrees?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

This is the first driver game on the next step of platforms so people may not be eager to play it or its not exciting/ interesting to play for a long time

P.S: like your new profile picture
    ------------------------------

Level 40
    (PS3)
    rank 1 in tag for wins
    rank 1 in trailblazer for wins
    Multiplayer

It has everything to do with the matchmaking. Even when I'm on steam with someone telling me to join a game it sometimes doesn't come up in search. about 9 times out of ten the search will throw me into hosting a new game I had no intention of playing- quite often a 4-players minimum game that I'll have no hope whatsoever of filling. I suspect it is only like that to save on server costs and hide the true number of players playing online. Much like every other game of that nature (notably ones like Battlestations Pacific), it only serves to make the whole game userbase look dead, whether it actually is or not.

Server lists are a must. They are simply indispensable in a game that has online multiplayer.
    What the next DRIVER needs: Tighter, narrower streets for slower, more responsive cars as seen in D1,2,3. More 70s feel, possibly the entire game's setting. Keep 88mph top speed as the norm, with only bonus supercars going beyond. Get rid of Burnout as the default acceleration. Unlicensed Vehicles- so that they can be destroyed with explosions. On foot returning, with a version of shift as an unlockable. Weapons, with FPS controls like D3, only more polished. Hubcaps. Car underside pouncing. Offroad areas without invisible walls. All previous driver game cheats return plus a few surprises. All camera angles in D1 Film Director returning. Completely overhauled multiplayer, with virtually no 'boosting'. Finally, ability to play multiplayer offline,and with bots.

Failing that, D1 and 2 as fully emulated games unlockable within Driver 6.

Quote Originally Posted by brok2 View Post
    It has everything to do with the matchmaking. Even when I'm on steam with someone telling me to join a game it sometimes doesn't come up in search. about 9 times out of ten the search will throw me into hosting a new game I had no intention of playing- quite often a 4-players minimum game that I'll have no hope whatsoever of filling. I suspect it is only like that to save on server costs and hide the true number of players playing online. Much like every other game of that nature (notably ones like Battlestations Pacific), it only serves to make the whole game userbase look dead, whether it actually is or not.

Server lists are a must. They are simply indispensable in a game that has online multiplayer.
    +1

I think that too, I have never ever gotten iunto a team game or a team racing game or even shift racing, anyone would like to play with me?

I would play with you.. PM me

I would definitely play! The only reason I bought it was for multiplayer. But it crashes every time I try "Quick match", "Find public matches" and even "Tutorial" in the multiplayer menu.

Hi aidinabedi, have you contacted Technical Support about this? the link is in my signature.

Multiplayer crashes is a known issue, but this sounds like a different issue.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Yeah Man ADD me then we can play that goes for Everyone

I've managed to fix my multiplayer issue and now I can play. Please be my friend?

Add me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast