Thread: Bass people opinions, please! | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Bass people opinions, please!

Co worker looking to off load a Washburn XB102. She bought it new quite a while ago. Hasn't seen much play time and is virtually flawless. It works fine, I plugged it into the amp she wants to sell with it.

Amp is a SWR LA12. She wants $250 for both. I think I could get her to let the guitar go for $50. I am pretty sure that's a good deal, but not sure about the amp. Research shows bass amps are freaking expensive and not nearly as good at value for the money as guitar amps. I was also disappointed with the loudness of the amp for 60? Watt amp with a 12 inch speaker. Thought it would rock my world. I say it was on the same loudness volume as my Fender Mustang I, maybe a little louder.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Beautiful bass.
    As far as the amp goes, that would be a good price for that amp. Listen to it as the one problem with that amp model is at about 25% volume there can be buzzing like air is coming out of the seams. If the amp sounds good than I would say to grab it up.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a go when I get home this evening. I am pretty much definitely going to buy the bass itself. For $50 it is hard to go wrong. Have to talk to the wife about the amp, though.

If you're not 100% happy with the amp, give it a pass. There are plenty of used bass amps that can be had in the $200 range that will make you happier.
    My pick-up toggle switch has 3 modes: Swank, Extra Swank, and Super Swank

HNGD to me! $60 later and I have a bass ready for next week! Decided to pass on the amp. Thanks for the advice!

Congrats! Happy new bass day!
    My pick-up toggle switch has 3 modes: Swank, Extra Swank, and Super Swank