Thread: Removing Hood Option | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

Removing Hood Option

I know this will probably never happen but I wish they would implement a way the player could have Connor pull back his hood whenever we want. After seeing Ezio walking around without one in the cutscenes, I wish we could do that as well whenever we want just for the hell of it and to change things up as we walk around the city. It would prob look less suspicious anyways in certain cases. Just another small add on I feel would increase the immersion. Maybe there will be a glitch like in ACR, but at least we'll get the captain outfit with the colonial hat and all.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

It would be possible if Connor had not a dress as flashy. After all, will even keep his identity hidden.
    On this land, I am torn. Part of me wants to fight and repel all outsiders. The other part of me is the outsider. In the name of Liberty, I will fight the enemy, regardless of their allegiance. While men of courage write history of this day, the future of our land depends on those who are truly free.

I think it would be a very cool blend in option.
    When you walk through the crowd instead of holding his hand before his head when guards are looking for him (like in the Boston demo) He'd put
    his hood down to look more like a casual civilian.
    "People are locked into a box. They see the box around them, They see the holes, the leaks and the cracks and they try to fix them but they don't stop to think that maybe there's something wrong with the box itself."

-Peter Joseph

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"

-Goethe

It makes a lot of sense in practicality, but it's such an iconic visual for the game.

To follow the thread though, a cool idea would be to have a system where taking the hood off means you can walk in semi-restricted areas without arousing suspicion, but if you get caught, it's harder to lose your notoriety, or something like that. There has to be pros and cons from both options.

Yeah, I'm on board with this. Of course, don't take out the hood entirely, just give us the option to put it down once in a while.

That said, you all might be interested to know this- there's a glitch in Revelations, where if you replay the Sofia memory "A Little Errand" (I think it's Sequence 6, Memory 5), and choose Decline instead of Accept after the opening cinematic, you can run around with no hood. Just decline the memory, exit replay, and voila. If you want the hood back, just select the memory again and play it all the way through to the end and it will revert to normal. Note- this doesn't work with the Pasha armor, the Brutus skin, or the temporary hooded cloak outfit you get in Sequence 7.

I have reason to suspect we will have the option. Ubisoft has stated that there is an entire customization system not yet revealed. In a photo, we see Connor in a strange outfit, with a strange hat. I wonder if we can remove such a hat.
    Why make a new assassin go somewhere when you already have a young one ready to fight?

That would be legit. Have disguises like in Brotherhood and Revelations but this time around you can wear them whenever and customize pieces. Something even better that would make up for the lack of flamboyant colors we were given to dye Ezio's robes.

I would think Ubi would add this in, but I see no evidence of it thus far.

Good idea, a funny little thing to add would be that if you fell backwards or something the hood would fall down.. and as you get up you would put it back up again i doubt ubi would add it because it makes connor look a little clumsy. Also while on the topics of hoods i noticed altairs hood is relatively small and in one of the photos it looks like he cant he take it off because the hole is too small, anyone else notice that?