US Forum Manager
Rocksmith Guitar Official Gameplay Feedback #2
With the new regions, content being released and updates to Rocksmith and the Forum we introduce you to Rocksmith Guitar Official Gameplay Feedback #2.
For the previous discussion please look here-
Rocksmith Official Game Feedback Thread
Please use this Thread for posting your Feedback on what you think of the game, features, love, etc. Your feedback is reported back to the Developers and Ubisoft.
For Guitar & Bass DLC song requests please check the following thread-
Official Rocksmith Song Requests*NEW*
For Bass Gameplay Feedback please post here-
Rocksmith Bass Official Gameplay Feedback
If you are experiencing any Technical Issues please find appropriate Topic and Console here-
Rocksmith Official Bugs and Issues Threads
*It is not a means of direct support so please report any issues you are having directly to Ubisoft Support.
Last edited by Black_Widow9; 10-03-2012 at 09:46 PM.
So, do I have to play the newly released game/patch before I give more feedback
US Forum Manager
Originally Posted by SeattleSauve
ok hopefully this is the right place...i've been wrong before..
i really like the fact that we can adjust the speed of the song...but it's only available in the riff repeater>accelerator section which is fine and for certain riffs in songs it will be helpful for me...but i just want to be able to rehearse the song and adjust the speed for the full song...it's going to be way too tedious going back and forth in the riff repeater to get a song down if it comes to it..
so...set speed in song rehearsal? anyone?
This is the right place.
I personally would not want to play a whole song, at a slower speed, but that is just me.
I'm sure if enough people request it, they will consider doing it, in a future patch/version.
I would personally like to be able to "tag" together sections in RR, to be played together. Then one could select the whole song (all sections), if they wanted.
that would work too! i just find doing a riff at a time...it's pretty slow...i don't want to try and come off like 'i'm such a good guitar player that blah blah'...it's just such a slow process that i could go find a tab online and figure out how to play the song without the game..
Originally Posted by rcole_sooner
I'm know most of this has already been mentioned, but I consider my mentioning them again as another vote. I listed these in my personal order of importance, 1 being most important.
1. Ability to set speed for entire song within rehearsal mode. Set mastery would also be nice.
2. Ability to turn off down-leveling. Could also extent to turning off up-leveling as well
3. Tell us more info about each song = the key, tempo, time signature... what scales were used would be nice
4. Ability to pause the screen that will allow you to still SEE the screen. Currently when you pause, the pause options cover most of the notes in the background.
5. Display note names, not just for the chords.
My 2 cents
Hey guys, love the game! I have owned guitars for 20+ years but never had the patience to play continuously for any extended period until this game finally kick-started my learning. I haven't read through the 400+ posts in this thread, but I wanted to throw my suggestions into the mix because there are a few things I find pretty annoying about the game.
First, I hate it in Riff Repeater when I *accidentally* nail a section ONCE and it kicks me out. This really should be configurable - let me decide how many times I want to nail it before ending, or just repeat until I decide to quit. Personally, I want to play it through 100 times so I can memorize it.
Second, it would be nice to be able to string together sections in Riff Repeater. For example, I'm working on We're Not Gonna Take It at the moment and it would be great to be able to play both solos back to back (and over and over and over and over). There are songs where I am maxed on all sections but I really have trouble going from the chorus to the bridge (for example) so it would be great to tie them together in Riff Repeater so I can practice that transition.
Third, the menu system really needs to be reworked. I get tired of having to back out to the main menu and drill in again to work on a different part of a song.
Lastly, I would like to see a better chord practice & learning area - one that will immerse me in chords, but show the finger positions first and work through some progressions.
options -> game settings -> string layout
Originally Posted by mrwoojoo
A couple of more things
1) From a 'practice' perspective, the 'Missed too many notes! aborting' thing in riff repeater has to go.
Yes, I know I blew the first part, let me keep going and practice the rest of the section at half speed!
2) If I remove a song from an event list, that means I hate the song and don't want to play it.
Right now one particular songs comes up in EVERY event and I have to remove it every single time.
THis really makes me want a delete/hide song completely option.
3) That bouncing stuff in 'free speed' is really really disorienting, especially when it's unclear what the next note it wants you to play is. I'm not sure what the correct solution is, but free speed needs major playtesting. I consider it unusable. ( leveler/accelerator are for the most part fantastic though )
4) Bends really need some kind of indicator as to how it's supposed to be bent. i.e. half step/whole step, do you bend up then come back down, or just hold it at the bent note the whole time, or what. Right now you just have to go by the music.