Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith Guitar PC Official Bugs and Issues Thread | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Impossible to start in Windows 8 Pro 64.

Crash on startup. (with only one device for speakers and rocksmith cable for microphone, all in 48k 16bit).

And my system meet the requirements. (i7 2700k and GTX 660 TI)

Has anyone tried lowering the res?

I have a very odd issue

The game will launch in 1080p with sound if I place my computer in 1080i.

If I have it in 1080p it will launch with no audio and stuck in 720p

no sound out of my megalon headphones

I have updated all my drivers and still cannot get sound out of my razor megalon USB headset. I am in the military and it was my intent to utilize this program for my pc to teach me how to play at my leisure but not have to disturb my fellow comrades sleeping. the USB is recognised as well as my headset so i am at a bit of a loss here. I have not attemped to hook up PC speakers to see if it comes out of the sound card yet, but if this is my only choice i will lose massive sound quality by going anolog stereo. can someone help pls

Quote Originally Posted by Mauadib1 View Post
    I have updated all my drivers and still cannot get sound out of my razor megalon USB headset. I am in the military and it was my intent to utilize this program for my pc to teach me how to play at my leisure but not have to disturb my fellow comrades sleeping. the USB is recognised as well as my headset so i am at a bit of a loss here. I have not attemped to hook up PC speakers to see if it comes out of the sound card yet, but if this is my only choice i will lose massive sound quality by going anolog stereo. can someone help pls
    Did you set your headset as the default audio device in the sound configuration? (Control Panel, Hardware&Sound, Manage Audio Devices)

US Forum Manager
    Spartacus Legends CM
    Quote Originally Posted by zh26 View Post
    I have this running on XP 32-bit, whats your processor?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtech_uk View Post
    AMD 64 x 2 Dual Core 6000+ MM 3DNow 3013Mhz x 2

2gb ram

Windows XP Home 32 bit Ver 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3, all the latest updates.

2 x Fatality 8600GT Gfx Cards, SLI enabled. Tried enabled and single gfx card.

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) All diagnostic tests passed.

Just checked windows error reporting:
    19/10/2012 20:54 Application Hang Hanging application Rocksmith.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address
    0x00000000.

This comes up every time I try to launch rocksmith.

Just tried to run Rocksmith this morning, steam came up with updating rocksmith. Still have the same white screen and rocksmith not responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Riwerv1 View Post
    Impossible to start in Windows 8 Pro 64.

Crash on startup. (with only one device for speakers and rocksmith cable for microphone, all in 48k 16bit).

And my system meet the requirements. (i7 2700k and GTX 660 TI)
    The system requirements say Rocksmith is playable on Windows Vista or 7 so I suspect this is why you are all having issues. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...tion-and-FAQ-s
    Rocksmith Minimum Specs
    Rocksmith is built to run well on a majority of PCs released in the last 2-3 years. Our minimum PC specification is:
    • Intel Core2Duo E4400 @ 2.00 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 3800+ @ 2.0 Ghz
    • 2 GB
    • 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT or AMD Radeon HD 2600XT video card
    • USB 2.0
    • Windows Vista or Windows 7
    Our recommended PC specification is:
    • Intel Core2Duo E6750 @ 2.6GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3.0GHz
    • 4 GB Memory
    • 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 200-series or AMD Radeon HD 3000-series video card
    • USB 2.0
    • Windows Vista or Windows 7
    Our PC specifications are intended as rough guideline, and are based on mainstream desktop PCs using these specifications. Very often laptop or budget PC manufacturers may carry the same specifications but won’t have nearly as good performance, so your experience running Rocksmith on a laptop or budget PC may be less than optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauadib1 View Post
    This is also in the FAQ's. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...tion-and-FAQ-s
    Audio Devices
    While Rocksmith does support using USB speakers and headphones, we’ve noticed that some PCs need to use more conservative Rocksmith.INI values in order to keep the audio output from crackling. Several computers we’ve tested the game on have been able to use more aggressive latency settings when they use the analog audio ports than when they use USB-based audio output. The settings that needed to be increased were LatencyBuffer and MaxOutputBufferSize.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Widow9 View Post
    The system requirements say Rocksmith is playable on Windows Vista or 7 so I suspect this is why you are all having issues.
    Problem is Black Widow the world and his wife say in their write ups for the sale of this game, that Rocksmith is for the platforms "Windows 7 / Vista / XP "

So now because of this misinformation I’m stuck with software that requires me to upgrade to vista or win 7 at considerable expense, both of which will be obsolete in no time because of the pending Win 8 release or just write off the £34.99 I paid for Rocksmith.

Further more it makes absolutely no sense to me that Ubisoft would limit the use of this software to just two PC operating systems.
    I’ve played online games for the past 10+ years and 95% of my worldwide friends are still using XP.

This whole release has been a disaster from the start not just for Ubisoft for but people like me with an XP OS.
    Last edited by mtech_uk; 10-22-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Just wanted to mention that I was getting the Rocksmith black screen followed by 'rocksmith.exe has stopped working' bug. Fixed it by disabling Audials Sound Capturing in my Device Manager. So Audials One & Rocksmith are not compatible.

Hopefully might help someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by mtech_uk View Post
    Problem is Black Widow the world and his wife say in their write ups for the sale of this game, that Rocksmith is for the platforms "Windows 7 / Vista / XP "

So now because of this misinformation I’m stuck with software that requires me to upgrade to vista or win 7 at considerable expense, both of which will be obsolete in no time because of the pending Win 8 release or just write off the £34.99 I paid for Rocksmith.

Further more it makes absolutely no sense to me that Ubisoft would limit the use of this software to just two PC operating systems.
    I’ve played online games for the past 10+ years and 95% of my worldwide friends are still using XP.

This whole release has been a disaster from the start not just for Ubisoft for but people like me with an XP OS.
    Not to stir the fire, but XP was released in 2001. With Windows 8 coming out, it's going to be 3 OS's since XP came out. I understand not jumping to Vista, or Windows 7 right away, I just upgraded to Windows 7 within the last 6 months myself from Windows XP. XP was solid, and there wasn't a real reason for me to change, but utilizing Windows 7 64 bit with exceeding the 4gb limit of a 32 bit OS like XP, it a real bonus. Yea, I know XP had 64 bit as well, but it doesn't work as well as Windows 7 64 bit.

All that being said, the price of building a new computer now a days, its real reasonable. My old Athlon 64 X2 system died 2 weeks ago, and I built a new system with case, power supply I5 Quad core cpu, 8 gigs of ram, an SSD boot drive, and dvd rom for under $500.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeeWeir View Post
    Just wanted to mention that I was getting the Rocksmith black screen followed by 'rocksmith.exe has stopped working' bug. Fixed it by disabling Audials Sound Capturing in my Device Manager. So Audials One & Rocksmith are not compatible.

Hopefully might help someone else.
    I just registered here to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

but does anyone know why I can't really skip the videos? they are crashing and preventing me from getting to the title screen. VERY buggy this game!

Double check all you video and audio drivers.

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast