Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith Guitar Official Bugs and Issues Thread #2 (360 & PS3) | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

No offense Trout but this thread is for reporting problems, correct? You're not helping or adding value here so I will go ahead and look past you. Back on topic, if the Devs have questions about what venue or songs (it's occurred in both Master Mode and Standard Mode), let me know.

But then again, Trout's probably right...it's the Xbox! Although I simply press the Guide button on the controller, Press Y, and exit to the Dashboard. Restart the game, and it loads properly. Nice try, troubleshooter.

Sorry cool guy. Didn't mean to offend you. Good luck.

Thanks Trout, if I simply wanted to complain..I would have posted in a random forum. As you saw, I came here to the technical forum. It's not the Xbox any more than it's the PS3. It's buggy code and having ANYone try to push it off on hardware that functions properly removes the emphasis on bad code. Devs..patch this crap. The game has been out long enough. No fanboy rainbows from me. Where's Bandfuse?

Played again tonight, same result. Played a few minigames first, individual songs to warm up...then smoked a Master setlist with Double Encore. Totaling scores just under 1.2M and it froze. I guess the thing to do here is put the guitar down on the 2nd encore right? Yeah..awesome. This is again on the Xbox version.

It sounds like there may be something wrong with your xbox. My old xbox froze occasionally, right before it went belly up. One day, I got a freeze and checkerboard screen, which means the video card was going bad.

My old xbox froze also, before I loaded the game onto the hard drive. It played fine after that, up until the video card went out.

Xbox freezes are not a very common thing.

Make sure you have plenty of air circulation around your xbox, and the power supply.

There is a patch coming out in 4 days.
    Last edited by rcole_sooner; 08-11-2012 at 04:22 AM.

Hey sooner, thanks for your comment. It's not a system freeze, but a game freeze. The console is fine in every instance. I replayed the set today and set the guitar down and walked away from the Double Encore song and the SOFTWARE still froze when tallying points. It has to be something related to this venue (one of the earlier ones in the game). My guess is the game is not expecting to see scores this high for this venue and it's causing an overflow making the software sieze up.

In every case, I simply press the Guide button on my controller, the mini-dash pops right up. I can navigate around and then finally press Y to exit to the Dashboard Home. My Xbox never freezes...game only. My save is also not corrupt because I can switch the songs and as I beat previous scores, the RS total points increases. I know the patch is coming but it's pretty lame to have to wait it out like this.

I will go back and play songs, being sure to not qualify for an encore and report back later.

FYI , I did finally pass this by replacing the song with those I was not so great at and getting through without an encore...I think there's something to my hunch!

Sometimes the memory and performance bugs are exacerbated by certain songs when highly levelled (for instance Jules seems to be giving PS3 folks a bunch of problems this week), or in the larger venues you can also notice some additional video lag. I don't think it has much to do with score specifically. I've gotten 200k+ on every song in 8 song setlists multiple times on the xbox, with no problems.

Hopefully whatever you are running into is resolved with the patch.

... is NOT impressed.

PS3 crashed during very first bass setlist during double encore. Laughing right now because the next words in the lyrics are "I'm froze". I see PHRASE LEVEL UP; I was about to gave to so a slide from frets 6 to 9 and 9 to 11. I am level *ONE* in bass. (9 in guitar.)Don't make me post a photo of McKayla scowling at my crashed PS3.

PS: Not laughing anymore, as I just realized I blew $30. PLEASE tell me the September patch is still coming out, and that this isn't the September patch.
    Last edited by PianoMan2112X1; 08-15-2012 at 01:15 AM.

so... the sticky bug thread is locked, up there, mocking us. and the current bug thread is not a sticky. so it could potentially get buried but the locked sticky one won't ever move. Huh. I don't understand but that's ok, I don't have to.

Bass mode bug:
    In bass mode, all unlocked bonus songs are locked again and to not apper to be unlockable anymore.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast