View Poll Results: Should you be rewarded with points for using the jammer correctly?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 88.89%
  • No

4 11.11%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we PLEASE get points for using the Jammer??? | Forums

Definintely. Don't know why anyone would vote no. Except maybe that teammate I played with last night who kept shooting mine.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I don't see the necessity. Why is everyone so dependent on XP? If you have the Jammer unlocked you don't really need the XP anymore... It's like the people complaining they lost their 234K game because of "Connection to Server Lost".
    Shouldn't you and your team be happy that you stop chain hacking and other detection? Shouldn't you be able to make additional XP out of that advantage? And isn't it just a tad bit hypocritical to complain about something you do for your team NOT giving only YOU XP? I thought you were all about the team. Why so much "I, I, I"?

And I'm not sure what you expect. 50 points for "Jamming Enemy Equipment"? I mean, wow, that would surely make everybody out there turn into a team-player and support their team with the Jammer every single time.
    Place it near the Objective, and you get XP and help your team. Place it anywhere and you help your team.

Unless you want the UAV get 50 XP for every single enemy detection - because detecting enemies actually does help your team as well - just be happy with the fact that you help your team in the most altruistic way you can.

Quote Originally Posted by P4NCH0theD0G View Post
    I don't see the necessity. Why is everyone so dependent on XP? If you have the Jammer unlocked you don't really need the XP anymore... It's like the people complaining they lost their 234K game because of "Connection to Server Lost".
    Shouldn't you and your team be happy that you stop chain hacking and other detection? Shouldn't you be able to make additional XP out of that advantage? And isn't it just a tad bit hypocritical to complain about something you do for your team NOT giving only YOU XP? I thought you were all about the team. Why so much "I, I, I"?

And I'm not sure what you expect. 50 points for "Jamming Enemy Equipment"? I mean, wow, that would surely make everybody out there turn into a team-player and support their team with the Jammer every single time.
    Place it near the Objective, and you get XP and help your team. Place it anywhere and you help your team.

Unless you want the UAV get 50 XP for every single enemy detection - because detecting enemies actually does help your team as well - just be happy with the fact that you help your team in the most altruistic way you can.
    i forgot what altruistic meant... i thought you were insulting me, lol. You are right, Ponch, we shouldn't NEED XP, for a jammer as my post said, i'm just saying it's a good idea, not like it would ruin a match.

For the sake of balance. XP's part of the scoring aspect of the game, and it's given in every situation where you help your team... except the jammer. If you got points for using the jammer, more people would use it, so yeah it would help with making players more team oriented.

You get Team Support points for:

Confidence Booster
    Savior Kills
    Intel Assist
    Kill Assist

Except the objective related Confidence Booster, all are about kills. Since the Jammer is a defensive tool, designed for intel-denial, it does not fall into the category of the other "Team Support" Actions and would not deserve points by that definition.

I still don't know for what people expect to get points from the Jammer. Every time it defeats enemy detection? Then you'd have to give the UAV and the Sensor Grenades and the Camera and the OTR scanner points for Detecting enemies - not for Intel Assists, but simple detections. And then everybody would be screaming "Bloody exploitation, boosting" and so on. That could be very easily abused.

The only thing I could agree on would be points for enemies killed inside your Jammer radius. You don't get points for detections, either, only if your detection leads to a kill, so why get points for defeating detection without it leading to a kill?

Confidence Booster
    Savior Kills
    Intel Assist
    Kill Assist

Except the objective related Confidence Booster, all are about kills. Since the Jammer is a defensive tool, designed for intel-denial, it does not fall into the category of the other "Team Support" Actions and would not deserve points by that definition.
    Thanks, i actually didn't know what (specifically) counted towards what, when you put it like that, i agree with you, Ponch.

Quote Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 View Post
    I learned the hard way about the "4 second T-bag " rule.....basically don't bag for more than 4 seconds...It is extremely embarassing when the Rifleman gets up and smashes your face in. Ofcourse I later Coordinated to the very same rifleman...and tased him.
    I killed a camper who shot at me and t-bagged him for three seconds then got smacked in my face by a rifleman. Spawned on a friend and within one second of spawning, the same exact rifleman smacked me AGAIN.

He didn't take me t-bagging his partner lightly...

His name was X Hero X, and he was...

Confidence Booster
    Savior Kills
    Intel Assist
    Kill Assist

Except the objective related Confidence Booster, all are about kills.
    You also get points for surpression and destoying enemy equipment. We're talking just vanilla XP here, not Teamwork Points. The jammer is counter-intelligence, and the only real tool for that in the game. So it would make sense if you're using it as intended (to stop detection) you would get XP for that. I don't really see how that could be exploitable than any other piece of equipment. The UAV/sensors/camera, etc. are for offensive intelligence, which is why you only get XP for kill assists. And I honestly don't think anyone really cares about "boosting", it doesn't take very long to get all of the equipment anyway. If people are going to use the jammer more to get a higher spot on the scoreboard I say let them.

I'm just waiting on Charity or someone else to get in here to start trashing this lol, just like what happened to mine

Confidence Booster
    Savior Kills
    Intel Assist
    Kill Assist

I still don't know for what people expect to get points from the Jammer. Every time it defeats enemy detection? Then you'd have to give the UAV and the Sensor Grenades and the Camera and the OTR scanner points for Detecting enemies - not for Intel Assists, but simple detections. And then everybody would be screaming "Bloody exploitation, boosting" and so on. That could be very easily abused.

The only thing I could agree on would be points for enemies killed inside your Jammer radius. You don't get points for detections, either, only if your detection leads to a kill, so why get points for defeating detection without it leading to a kill?
    Who was talking about TEAM WORK points?
    OP wants XP, experience points, to level up faster, while he still has things to unlock.
    You get XP(beside TW points) for planting equiment near an objective, for letting team mates resupply from your ammo boxes. This does not even need any action by/on enemy. You can farm this even inside your safe area.
    XP, to my understanding, is to encourage players for certain actions, to play the game as it was intended to be played, and reward them for being part of a victorius match.
    By not giving out XP for useing the sensor jammer, alot of guys feel like forced, atleast encourage, to use other equiment instead, to finally get to max level.

While i do not care about XP much, i do not get why UBI does not encourage us more to use them, while giving out XP for almost pointless actions, like spawning on a team mates, inside the safe area, at the start of the match.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast