Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Sequel to Prince of Persia 2008 (v-5) | Forums

for me, this '' new prince '' looks like this

http://www.film.com/wp-content/uploa...2461-large.jpg

well, if it got any similarities with this character from the pop film, i will be amazed. Be able to throw knifes on enemies and kill then in this brutal kind of ranged attacks would be absolutely rox. This guy looks like a hunter with this leppard skin.

but well, yes, i got to admit, going in this direction is kinda unfitting for a prince of persia game.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzus View Post
    Seriously, i hope the game keep on that direction, with the black and strong prince. Im enought of the slim one, how many times we played with this almost gay prince...
    And Egypt is really cool, it will be awesome to explore this new landscape/ scenario.
    Maybe you guys are just a bunch of purists and alarmist people that fear change. Can not wait to see more of this new pop or whatever name it is.
    "Slim almost gay prince" ? are you on drugs or something ? the previous 2 Princes were built just right, this new one looks like Dennis Rodman on steroids
    And don't lecture us on "fear of change" ... we loved the sands saga and when POP 08 came out we embraced it even if it was different ... but this time the change is drastic to the point where it's not POP anymore, but an AC-GOW mix.

Quote Originally Posted by gyigyo View Post
    PoP 2008 "prince" was irritating as hell he was a pervert alcolholic dude.. he even changed Elika to pervert...
    This just made my day I can't stop laughing

Quote Originally Posted by Keksus View Post
    A guy who doesn't look like the sterotypical action hero. I for one never played a game with a dark skinned guy who already has grey hair.
    Prototype 2 guy ? Cole from Gears of War ? black Kratos ? Dennis Rodman on steroids ?
    Really now, there are only 2 reasons for the grey hair: either he's old, or he dyed his hair.
    Both cases are bad, because I don't wanna play a grandpa Prince, and I don't even wanna think about a dyed hair Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Keksus View Post
    Everything I can see now is hate. Not about the new game, but hate that they don't continue PoP2008
    In my case it's hate for the new game, simple and plain. I could live with an anouncement saying they just dumped POP 08 for whatever stupid reason, but creating a new POP that looks like AC and GOW is just too much. Bottom line, my hate for this screenshot has nothing to do with POP 08, it's just an awful concept that has nothing to do with POP.

Co-founder of the mighty Lightbringers ! Join us here, on DeviantArt and on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by prinz_o View Post
    for me there is 4 point that i can't imagine the prince without them

1-the blue eyes i don't know for the first pop in 2D but with ubisoft in the five game the prince have blue eyes
    2-the black hair
    3-the wall-run
    4-the acton where the prince get above the enemy to atach him

i think any prince in any reboot should have those 4 point
    Well, the hair and eye color is more of a subjective touch. I think it'd be pretty easy to overloook if you liked the rest of the game. The original Prince had blonde hair didn't he? (Had to make it visible on that dark background.) And I know the Prince in Sands of Time had dark brown hair. (Really dark brown hair looks black unless you look close or it catches the light, so having it look black in the later games isn't surprising...that or he died it to fool the Dahaka. )

The wall run and the vault ARE very important. Modern PoP was the origin of these features and any game really should have these in it UNLESS they can replace it with something better somehow. Overall, the Prince character concept seems centered around the whole "Persian Ninja" idea, as the SoT devs phrased it. He can have wierd hair, an axe, a bow, whatever, but those acrobatic moves are what really set him apart from other action heroes to begin with, and now with so many flattering imitations, (Ryu Hayabusa, Death, even Link can hop up walls now), it's more important than ever that a Prince possess those skills. Otherwise, it's almost like the imitators have more claim to the title than PoP itself. -__-

As for the story front, it's actually not that hard to justify the title. The guy could be a Prince from Persia travelling in Egypt, he could be a random vagabond who BECOMES a Prince, or WAS a prince. The Prince of Persia could even be the villain of the story. (After all, "Lord of the Rings" doesn't refer to Frodo, but that's what it's called.)

And don't lecture us on "fear of change" ... we loved the sands saga and when POP 08 came out we embraced it even if it was different ... but this time the change is drastic to the point where it's not POP anymore, but an AC-GOW mix.
    Well, actually, I would say that it's NOT drastic, it's conformist. It looks like they totally gave in to the people who hated change before. Whether or not that's true I can't say, but like I said before, this particular screen is pretty consistent with what people here didn't want to see, so it's getting dumped on.
    Last edited by Gi1t; 08-07-2012 at 09:13 PM.

I only care about 2 thing

a cool character like a cold protagonist real ancient brutal persian protagonist

and Egyipt place would be cool

@Val Any info from the person who gave you this screenshot ??

Interesting,A new spiritual POP !! And feel sad that you guys used all POP2008 assets for POPTFS-wii.Did not played wii version.How nice is it? For the record,I did play POPTFS PC/xbox/ps version but did not like so much as I like POPWW.
    Good graphics and new platform mechanism though.For me graphics is not all,rather one of main.

For this new game,
    Please make a really good-complex-future proof-character riched story(like one found in god of war series).
    Story of old persian prince is over.Let him die in peace.Do not stir the old story.
    Rather take gameplay mechanics from pop series as much as you can.
    Do not name the title as pop or prince of blah blah blah.Why?Because it is not simply prince of persia or prince of anything.
    Why?Prince of Persia is known for very good fusion of platforming,melee actions and few magics.
    But I see you are obsessed with GOW success.It is normal. "God of War" type game IS NOT a property of SCEA and Playstation Brand.
    Anyone can make that type of game and get enormous success.The problem is applying method.

Lets see what others did in quest of being GOW.There are many example.Here I will give the example of dante's inferno.
    dante's inferno guys made a very good GOW gameplay mechanics but failed to do graphics,deepness and complexity of story,boring sound,boring repetitive gameplay.
    Did you find GOW gameplay boring repetitive? I did not.You must have something(that can be story element,change of gameplay,change of graphics etc) to defeat boring feeling,right?
    And dante's inferno had only "change of story" rather GOW series had all.
    If you examine the all previous game that wanna gow,you will see mistakes.

Why I am saying this?You guys can shout and shout to Ubi like killing a siren.But end result will not be likely reflective.See,they will not make pop2008.You can shout.Unless it reaches a shear amount,ubi will not listen.I told the previous logic for the sake of ubi.My instinct tell me that ubi will make a GOW-AC fusion anyway,like it or not!!!

With knowing ubi will not make pop2008, I have an idea.How about we,fans?Surely some of are good at photoshop.Some are good at JS.Some good at modeling-uving-rigging-animating stuffs.And some have even stir this wonderful authoring tool called "unity3d".There is a problem of copyright stuffs.But ubi-guys surely have great hearts,isnt it? I would like to see "fan made POP2008 DLC and sequel" project somewhere.Why not on sourceforge.Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by givepopme View Post
    I

Lets see what others did in quest of being GOW.There are many example.Here I will give the example of dante's inferno.
    dante's inferno guys made a very good GOW gameplay mechanics but failed to do graphics,deepness and complexity of story,boring sound,boring repetitive gameplay.
    Did you find GOW gameplay boring repetitive? I did not.You must have something(that can be story element,change of gameplay,change of graphics etc) to defeat boring feeling,right?
    And dante's inferno had only "change of story" rather GOW series had all.
    If you examine the all previous game that wanna gow,you will see mistakes.

Boring, no. Reptitive, YES! God Of War 3 is very much of that. It didn't bring anything spectacular (in terms of gameplay).The only reason to keep playing is to get to the boss fights which are epic. But in all honesty, that game was made more like fan-service, giving the players the oportunity that they missed in the previous part, to kill Zeus. God of War 2 is the best yet, and I think it will remain that way, since Ascension looks like God Of War 3 but with elephants.

Also, can some of you stop complaining about how the black Prince looks to buff?

He is pretty much at the same proportions as the one in the Forgotten Sands, and that game had the best platforming sequences in the series yet. So he will be able to wallrun. Of course, the background looks BORING as hell, and the people too, but still, it's ONE screenshot, in a possibly pre-alpha stage so you can't judge anything from it yet. If they change that stupid hair he actually looks badass.

~ Light and proud ~
    Nimic nu e adevarat.Totul e permis.
    Signature made by EmperorxZurg ; Avatar made by Blind2Society - Thanks guys.

I did not played GOW3 as I have no ps3.But I have seen the gameplay from beginning to end.Well,I have to disagree with you.GoW is repetitive in some sense but there is so change in gameplay you will see.I can not forget the moment after you kill the sungod and rose above like a bird,each weapon give you different flavor in terms of gameplay.For example when you played with cistas you do not feel same as you would feel if using blade of athena or exile whatever.Again taking soul and using them with hades calus is different fun.There are more and more different change in gameplay throughout the journey of kratos.Yes most of the gameplay of GOW3 is repetitive but the different flavor of gameplay and other elements are greatly mixed with the core system of game.As a result,despite of being repetitive you do not feel it boring rather you want to play it so that many brought ps3 just to play the game.Thats what I am talking about.The classical core system of POP is inherently different from GOW series.And that difference can not be underestimated.By doing so,POPT2T failed(atleast I believe so).Just introducing a dark prince with a chainshow do not get you GOW status.you had to do a lot of work from the very beginning.Story,concept,modification,engine,3d assets,sounds,scripting etc etc.But the good thing Ubi is listening from their past mistake with every title.For example,with popsot,it did not have deep combo and power(specially time power) and gameplay.With POPWW,those have been done.

By the reading all of the above,some may already started to think that I am talking **** about POP.No.I am talking about facts.POP should be in POP's place.Building a game in the name of POP(but the core system is not POP),is utter blasphemy plus story of sands is dead.So the only way for POP is going for pop2008.

As it is not going to happen,so all we can do is either build the game(of course ubi's permission) or good wish for new title.

And for "God of War Ascension",mark my word,It will hardly reach one million copy.It will fail.Why?Blame the prequel thing and multiplayer thing.

Quote Originally Posted by POP1Fan View Post
    Of course, the background looks BORING as hell, and the people too, but still, it's ONE screenshot, in a possibly pre-alpha stage so you can't judge anything from it yet. If they change that stupid hair he actually looks badass.
    Yeah, for now it looks like assassin's creed in Egypt, lol.
    They definitely should've been to continue POP 2008, instead of making all their games similar as twins. PoP 2008 was something new end original, it's a shame if Prince and Elika will be replaced by this monster...

besides, the Prince is a different game and it is stupid to stick to the engine of the assassin. It had to be developed separately, otherwise the new prince would be a big mistake, in my opinion.
    Last edited by TinyTemplar; 08-08-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast