Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Off Topic] Interview with David Cage -- Innovation discussion | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Let me add one thing about the article. I think what he said is the reason why Adventure Games have gone to the wayside. My very first computer game was an Adventure game, Kings Quest 2. I have played Kings Quest 1-7, Kings Quest 8 was crap and I only played the demo, I played Police Quest 1-5, Space Quest 1-6 Gabiriel Knight 1-3 and all the Monkey Isalnd Games. Those were all Adventure games and the most fun I've ever had gaming. I've played those game multiple times and still play Gabriel Knight from time to time.

Those games weren't about action, they were about explorating and story and using your mind to solve puzzles. Thoes games couldn't be made today because the PR Departments wouldn't even being to know how to promote them. That's a **** shame because I would buy Gabriel Knight 4 on the spot if it were made and if Jane Jensen were to write the story, a GREAT story teller and the reason why Gabriel Knight series are so much fun to play.
    XBox 360 Gamer Tag = Rdsknsfan3

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz117Volkov View Post
    @ Frankie
    That'd be TPS bud.
    Never mind, I started to ask what TPS was and my slow mind just started working.
    XBox 360 Gamer Tag = Rdsknsfan3

Yeah there are quite some genres and games missing these days. Beyond Good & Evil is a great Adventure too in my opinion. I had the feeling that this generation haven't got that much of these real high quality games. A lot of studios went down to bankruptcy and they really don't take that much risks. I mean take Watch Dogs for example. It did an awesome impression to me but you know it's still has the shooting mechanics in. Not that this is bad as said. But it's like that always has to be in to have some guarantee that this game will sell. I mean I don't think it's a coincidence that even the press is now more and more pushing games that don't require you to shoot or kill enemies, like Deus Ex or Dishonored and the upcoming Open World game Sleeping Dogs. Although you still kill in Sleeping Dogs, it's the focus on combat that changes things up a bit. I miss games like Banjo & Kazooie, 3D platformers which offer a great change-up to Mario.

There is a lot of them and this time feels like filled with B-Standart games if you know what I mean. It's happening in the movie scene too I think. Not that there aren't any great games at all, there are definitely and there is a great possibility that I miss a lot of them. I think magazines should do much more often specials about games people may have never heard about but are really great and overal the gaming industry should really focus on the art of doing games again and not just business. I know that they need to make money too but I think the right balance might to the trick. Satisfied consumers are good for the companies and I think that's only possible if the marketing let the developers do their thing because it does really sound like they don't trust the devs anymore which is quite not understandable because I do think the devs know best what the gamers really want, not the marketing department.
    Last edited by Andre202; 08-09-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz117Volkov View Post
    While linked to the topic here, have you ever played Alan Wake? It was released for PC just recently. It's a lot more than an action game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre202 View Post
    No, I haven't played Alan Wake. How is it? I heard from reviews not much empathy... I haven't followed that game that much though.
    Now I'm a huge Alan Wake PC fan. It's not a shooter, it is somewhere between third person shooter and survival horror game, cause it has several survival horror tropes, but it also has few casual elements like health regeneration and boxes with infinite ammo for your pistol. But it's a very good and challenging game, especially if you play it on maximum difficulty level and turn off your HUD, You can do it in PC version. And it's possible to play the game without HUD cause level design is absolutely brilliant and you can find your way without map and compass if you just follow the light. Also the game looks incredible on PC, just look at this stuff (several pages of hi-res screenshots). Yeah, I know that DET got special build of the game from Remedy and he uses post-processing and photoshop, but released PC version looks almost the same.
    Last edited by KenTWOu; 08-09-2012 at 06:28 PM.

I will look up that game, it's just that there are a lot of games this year I want to have... lol
    Kind of a money thing here. Someone got the Hitman Sniper Challenge already? I really like it. It really pushes the gamer to do the mission to it's perfection.

I will look up that game, it's just that there are a lot of games this year I want to have... lol
    Kind of a money thing here. Someone got the Hitman Sniper Challenge already? I really like it. It really pushes the gamer to do the mission to it's perfection.
    I did.

Actually someone on the Hitman forum had a spare code and gave it to me, otherwise I wouldn't be playing it at all, he was a life saver

Regarding it, well it is really cool, I liked the concept, if only I was able to pre-order, I would have argued every developer to make pre-orders matter like this, but TBH Silent Assassin is a bit**, and my score is so shameful, I am barely 26000 or something, and the guy who gave me the code is rocking 1 Million and a half , others got like 6 Million on the world charts, it is so crazy.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Well, I have 15 million I think but I never got over 2.5 million in one mission playthrough. You need to make the challenges so you get a higher multiplier for your score.

That Sniper Challenge can get you really busy til the final game arrives.

Well, I have 15 million I think but I never got over 2.5 million in one mission playthrough. You need to make the challenges so you get a higher multiplier for your score.

That Sniper Challenge can get you really busy til the final game arrives.
    15 Million in the Sniper Challenge !!!, okay I think I am not getting it right.

and what about one mission playthrough ?!, the Sniper Challenge is only 1 mission.

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

The Score adds up as far as I know. The highest I had when playing through the mission was about 2 million, but overall I have more than 15 million. Otherwise you won't be able to unlock all the Sniper things there. You need 50 million for the last Unlock.

The Score adds up as far as I know. The highest I had when playing through the mission was about 2 million, but overall I have more than 15 million. Otherwise you won't be able to unlock all the Sniper things there. You need 50 million for the last Unlock.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, how did you get that score !!!!

does Silent Assassin gets you 10 Million point or something !!!!

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast