Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Masons. | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

That's always a possibility. I was simply pointing out that patrickj1's idea of the Freemasons being an offshoot of the Templars is also a possibility. As you say, we can't know for sure. At least until the game releases.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Well in the CGI Trailer, Washington's facial expression or better lack thereof shows that something is up. It's all in his eyes. Right after he watches Connor kill the Templar, you can tell he knows what's up. I've always been highly impressed with Ubisoft on these games, but this one is really going to be something else.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pUhraVG7Ow

Quote Originally Posted by medcsu View Post
    Of course you don't care about my opinion, that is why you decided to respond to it......
    Caring and responding are far from the same thing. I don't care about a lot of things, that doesn't mean I will just ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSimaYi View Post
    Caring and responding are far from the same thing. I don't care about a lot of things, that doesn't mean I will just ignore them.
    Granted. However, to say you do not care what someone thinks and yet respond to that someones opinion on your behavior would equate to a need for justification on said actions. To need to justify actions via response would equate to caring about the comments in regards to actions.

Bottom line as I see it. It's the guys first post, no reason not to just cut him some slack as he (obviously) just had something he felt excited about and wanted to discuss rather than scour a forum to post in a specific thread. That is what forums are for and it doesn't hurt/bother anything by him doing it, that is all I am saying. I'd prefer seeing posts (non spam) pop up then have new users scared away. There is a lot to be excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by medcsu View Post
    Granted. However, to say you do not care what someone thinks and yet respond to that someones opinion on your behavior would equate to a need for justification on said actions. To need to justify actions via response would equate to caring about the comments in regards to actions.

Bottom line as I see it. It's the guys first post, no reason not to just cut him some slack as he (obviously) just had something he felt excited about and wanted to discuss rather than scour a forum to post in a specific thread. That is what forums are for and it doesn't hurt/bother anything by him doing it, that is all I am saying. I'd prefer seeing posts (non spam) pop up then have new users scared away. There is a lot to be excited about.
    That doesn't equate to caring about the comments at all, I am merely engaging in a discussion with you, not with the intention of changing your opinion of me. If I had the intention of changing your opinion of me, I would not have replied in the same annoying question-talk manner as you replied to me with. I find it also odd how out of my entire response, you only picked out that one line.

It's one of the most common things on forums to not encourage members to make a new thread for everything that pops up in their mind, and I don't encourage that either, especially when I've seen at least four threads already existing about the Freemasons here in this subforum. Forums are for discussions, yes, not for creating a new thread for something he is excited about regardless of if numerous already exist. I'm merely very annoyed that he just didn't even bother to look if there was an already existing thread about this. You've got your opinion and I've got mine, but I don't encourage the creation of yet ANOTHER thread about the same subject when it's already been discussed so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSimaYi View Post
    That doesn't equate to caring about the comments at all, I am merely engaging in a discussion with you, not with the intention of changing your opinion of me. If I had the intention of changing your opinion of me, I would not have replied in the same annoying question-talk manner as you replied to me with. I find it also odd how out of my entire response, you only picked out that one line.

It's one of the most common things on forums to not encourage members to make a new thread for everything that pops up in their mind, and I don't encourage that either, especially when I've seen at least four threads already existing about the Freemasons here in this subforum. Forums are for discussions, yes, not for creating a new thread for something he is excited about regardless of if numerous already exist. I'm merely very annoyed that he just didn't even bother to look if there was an already existing thread about this. You've got your opinion and I've got mine, but I don't encourage the creation of yet ANOTHER thread about the same subject when it's already been discussed so many times.
    Fair enough.

guys, rather than insulting and berating a new member for not searching for something, simply let them know nicely and post a link to the appropriate topic if possible. there's no excuse for such behavior. please don't do this again. it puts the forum as a whole in a bad light. we're here to help and discuss, not insult act unwelcoming. thank you.

JohnKarp.com | deviantART | Model Mayhem
    "It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."
    - Haruhara Haruko

The pigpen symbols in the first glyph puzzle of AC2 translate to: "The masons brought it across the sea, George Washington passed it on"

Pretty interesting right?
    "People are locked into a box. They see the box around them, They see the holes, the leaks and the cracks and they try to fix them but they don't stop to think that maybe there's something wrong with the box itself."

-Peter Joseph

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"

-Goethe

The problem with the idea of all the masons being Templar is that most of the figures that where masons were all still alive in 1783 when they storyline is supposed to end. So if all the well known masons are still alive at the end of the game Connor really screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by hoganshero View Post
    The problem with the idea of all the masons being Templar is that most of the figures that where masons were all still alive in 1783 when they storyline is supposed to end. So if all the well known masons are still alive at the end of the game Connor really screwed up.
    True, that's one of the downsides of being historically accurate.
    "People are locked into a box. They see the box around them, They see the holes, the leaks and the cracks and they try to fix them but they don't stop to think that maybe there's something wrong with the box itself."

-Peter Joseph

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"

-Goethe

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast