Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Masons. | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSimaYi View Post
    It's not because he's a new member; it's because he didn't bother to see if there were any other threads about this - as is fairly obvious - and comment on one of them, rather than start yet another one.
    Honestly...who cares? Does it hurt you? No. Does it ruin your day? No. The guy was just making a thread about his opinion and did nothing in a rude manner while totally following board protocal. There is no reason, what so ever, to act in such a manner due to it. Are you a board mod? No. Is there an option to report spam? Yes. So why not try not to act like you matter and just let the guy post his opinion in peace without fear of some random directing him to scour the board for similar posts when something pops into his head he wishes to discuss (which is what this forum is for, is it not?). Of course, this has nothing to do with you bringing this subject up a few weeks back and not wanting your amazing insight overlooked I'm sure.

It's just a forum and he didn't do anything wrong, get over it, or become a mod and then you can act like this forum is yours to dictate.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by raytrek79 View Post
    I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about Ubisoft, they'd be risking a PR nightmare, but then again they did claim Henry Ford, Roosevelt, Churchhill and Edison were all Templars and they were in league with Hitler to start ww2, although Hitler betrayed them, you can't get much worse than that.
    Yes, I know you were talking about PR and possible complaints "why is the holy Washington portrayed as evil raaaaage!" complaints. But my point was that this wouldn't be the only problem IMO. Purely from the storyline perspective it could be weird because then, most of the key figures we would meet would be Templars.

Quote Originally Posted by RatonhnhakeFan View Post
    Yes, I know you were talking about PR and possible complaints "why is the holy Washington portrayed as evil raaaaage!" complaints. But my point was that this wouldn't be the only problem IMO. Purely from the storyline perspective it could be weird because then, most of the key figures we would meet would be Templars.
    I personally wouldn't have a problem with him being a bad guy, I'm Australian, Washington is just an old dead dude to me. True, pretty much everyone worth a mension would be Templar, I agree that would be weird. But really, it is fiction, AC can completely ignore the link of Freemasons and Templars if they want, or make the Freemasons a faction that had a falling out with the Templars and the way they want to do things.

I don't think there has been this direct connection made yet in AC. The Masons could very well have been disgruntled Templars that broke off from the main organization. They may resemble the Templars and share some of the original values but differ in a few major ones which keeps Connor from axing them. Technically, the Templars branched off into mutliple organizations after their demise so to identify one successor as the only one may not be fair.

I haven't read much about masonery, but is it absolutely a fact that they're successors/connected to the Templars? I'm just having a hard time believing that Washington, Franklin, Lafayette could all be essentially 'the villains' in the game.

Ain't just so nice all the time to new members?
    Yes, Templars and Masonery are strongly connected. In fact, I'll be very disappointed with the ACIII story if Washington and other important men of the revolution don't end in the templar side, since United States is the nation born from secrets and lies par excellence.
    Last edited by thekarlone; 08-06-2012 at 05:47 PM.

It ain't even about whether it's wise or not. It's just that the game would be then literally filled with Templars. Washington, Franklin, Lafayette were all freemasons.
    i'd like to see that actually, not really as "villains" but more as antagonists that you actually can see, understand and kinda agree with them. that's the best kind of opponent to me, one who connor would actually be a friend with if not for the divergence in their beliefs. not good vs evil but men on opposite sides fighting for what they believe is right.

for someone as connor, one who has been described as a good person and with a fervorous sense of justice, but also not one for pleasantries, a person that always has his sights on the goal. he strikes me as someone who see things mostly in black and white, having a friend he's known for decades revealed to be someone that is part of the group he is sworn to hunt, that could be an interesting character growth moment for him.
    Last edited by nightcobra; 08-06-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightcobra View Post
    i'd like to see that actually, not really as "villains" but more as antagonists that you actually can see, understand and kinda agree with them. that's the best kind of opponent to me, one who connor would actually be a friend with if not for the divergence in their beliefs. not good vs evil but men on opposite sides fighting for what they believe is right.
    That is kind of what the Templars are supposed to be already. It just hasn't been portrayed that well since AC1.
    -Emte-
    "If you cannot live together at the start; Be the one living at the end .... かもしれない" - MT4K
    Ubisoft Support.

Quote Originally Posted by MT4K View Post
    That is kind of what the Templars are supposed to be already. It just hasn't been portrayed that well since AC1.
    i know that, but then we had people like rodrigo and cesare borgia, those two could really have used a bit more of a sympathetic side to them.
    though i really enjoyed punching rodrigo in the face (being portuguese and all, it felt like a digital revenge )

Quote Originally Posted by nightcobra View Post

for someone as connor, one who has been described as a good person and with a fervorous sense of justice, but also not one for pleasantries, a person that always has his sights on the goal. he strikes me as someone who see things mostly in black and white, having a friend he's known for decades revealed to be someone that is part of the group he is sworn to hunt, that could be an interesting character growth moment for him.
    Perhaps it could bring some interesting developement, but my main point was that it could feel kinda forced, kind of "really? Another one" if one after another Washington, Franklin, Lafayatte would be all getting revealed to Ratonhnhaké:ton as "omg they're Templars! Plot twist!". Unless he's aware of that from the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by MT4K View Post
    Which has actual storyline consequences for AC3. I would imagine that the Assassins that Ratonhnhaké:ton joins would be well aware of the Borgias and all the other purely evil Templars from the past and that they would pass this knowledge to Ratonhnhaké:ton. I mean, beginning with Renaissance (print and all), information can't get lost/become forgotten as easily as during Altair's times. Along with the fact that its the Templars that destroy his village, I don't really see any friendships/deep understanding happening with Templars. To a certain degree, the black&white portrayal of the Templars in AC2-ACB already did some irreversable "damage" to moral ambiguity of the franchise
    Last edited by RatonhnhakeFan; 08-06-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raytrek79 View Post
    I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about Ubisoft, they'd be risking a PR nightmare, but then again they did claim Henry Ford, Roosevelt, Churchhill and Edison were all Templars and they were in league with Hitler to start ww2, although Hitler betrayed them, you can't get much worse than that.
    Actually Roosevelt, Churchill and Hitler were only Templar puppets, not actual Templars. And Hitler didn't betray them.

Quote Originally Posted by medcsu View Post
    Honestly...who cares? Does it hurt you? No. Does it ruin your day? No. The guy was just making a thread about his opinion and did nothing in a rude manner while totally following board protocal. There is no reason, what so ever, to act in such a manner due to it. Are you a board mod? No. Is there an option to report spam? Yes. So why not try not to act like you matter and just let the guy post his opinion in peace without fear of some random directing him to scour the board for similar posts when something pops into his head he wishes to discuss (which is what this forum is for, is it not?). Of course, this has nothing to do with you bringing this subject up a few weeks back and not wanting your amazing insight overlooked I'm sure.

It's just a forum and he didn't do anything wrong, get over it, or become a mod and then you can act like this forum is yours to dictate.
    Does it matter? No. Does it hurt me? No. Do I dictate anything? No. Could he have bothered to look for further than the first page? Yes. Does he have to make a new thread to discuss something he wants to discuss rather than voice his opinion on an already existing thread? No. Did I make any topic about this? No. Does your comment imply anything that I could not have said what I wanted to say nor does it forbid me from voicing my opinion? No. Do I really care about your opinion? No.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast