Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wargamer has reviewed Ghost Recon: Future Soldier!!!! | Forums

The Wargamer has reviewed Ghost Recon: Future Soldier!!!!

The Wargamer has reviewed Ghost Recon: Future Soldier!!!!

http://wargamer.com/article/3221/xbo...future-soldier

What are your impressions?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Not a great or good article, probably one of the worst and here's why:

They should've released a review when the game came out not 2 months after (first problem). They don't highlight all the problems and issues this game has and is potentially written to "sell" you onto the game (second problem). Honestly that is not the way to go. There are severe issues that hold this game back from being as "good as it should be" like for instance the Host advantage crap, lag compensation issues, connection issues in general, level up bugs, weapon bugs, gunsmith bugs, gametype and map bugs which the article does not even mention (third issue). Apparently "Jagged edges" stood out more to this reviewer than anything else and this entire article is poorly written and offers NO REAL SENSE of what you'll experience with the game (ie: tons of heartache, frustration and broken controls) (5th issue). He mentions the "occasional" bug but fails to go into detail like: "When playing on campaign mission (insert broken campaign missions here) you'll try to proceed but see that you cannot because your AI teammate is stuck in a prone position crawling into a wall without an end in sight and sometimes there isn't a way around it so you can't proceed with campaign" (6th issue). Nor did the reviewer mention how n00bs and under-skilled player feedback is directly influencing the game and dumbing it down to a point where it will have next-to-nobody playing online (ie: dumb kids complained about the HE Grenade Launcher, it was fixed and now they're still complaining about it. Or the kids who complained so much about getting hacked that they went and SLOWED down the hack when using a field computer which was designed for what: fast hacking/capping of objectives... and... they're still complaining about it!) (7th issue). I don't see why you're so excited over such a poor review.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-SOLDIER View Post
    Not a great or good article, probably one of the worst and here's why:

They should've released a review when the game came out not 2 months after (first problem). They don't highlight all the problems and issues this game has and is potentially written to "sell" you onto the game (second problem). Honestly that is not the way to go. There are severe issues that hold this game back from being as "good as it should be" like for instance the Host advantage crap, lag compensation issues, connection issues in general, level up bugs, weapon bugs, gunsmith bugs, gametype and map bugs which the article does not even mention (third issue). Apparently "Jagged edges" stood out more to this reviewer than anything else and this entire article is poorly written and offers NO REAL SENSE of what you'll experience with the game (ie: tons of heartache, frustration and broken controls) (5th issue). He mentions the "occasional" bug but fails to go into detail like: "When playing on campaign mission (insert broken campaign missions here) you'll try to proceed but see that you cannot because your AI teammate is stuck in a prone position crawling into a wall without an end in sight and sometimes there isn't a way around it so you can't proceed with campaign" (6th issue). Nor did the reviewer mention how n00bs and under-skilled player feedback is directly influencing the game and dumbing it down to a point where it will have next-to-nobody playing online (ie: dumb kids complained about the HE Grenade Launcher, it was fixed and now they're still complaining about it. Or the kids who complained so much about getting hacked that they went and SLOWED down the hack when using a field computer which was designed for what: fast hacking/capping of objectives... and... they're still complaining about it!) (7th issue). I don't see why you're so excited over such a poor review.
    so with so much crap about the game to say, when did you sell it?

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Quote Originally Posted by PublicVermin View Post
    so with so much crap about the game to say, when did you sell it?
    I didn't because I'm effing beast at it. (2.4 K/D, 41% Accuracy and over 3 days invested). Can't say the same for a lot of the people on here (which most of them have all ready traded in their game because of the issues I stated above). Also, my point was that if you're going to write an article about a game (namely this one) be honest and detailed, don't just leave important chunks out like what I stated previously as a lot of these were game breaking issues. Anyone can tell a half-truth, but it's hard for people to be honest now which kinda sucks.

Also, keep in mind my friend that ALL USERS have been experiencing issues. Have you seen what's happened to the PC users? It's almost virtually unplayable because it was ported from the console onto PC with little to no polish. The PS3 version suffered connection issues for the longest time until I saw a post 2-3 days ago about fixing the DNS. Lastly, the Xbox 360 version is plagued with consistent host migrations and connection to server lost issues. Just because I'm stating reasons why I didn't like the article doesn't mean I'm going to sell my copy. You just have to be upfront that this game is broken (while it is fun when it works).
    Last edited by Ex-SOLDIER; 08-06-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Adding additional information.

Quote Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 View Post
    Thank you, this backs up my first post. Appreciated.

I didn't because I'm effing beast at it. (2.4 K/D, 41% Accuracy and over 3 days invested). Can't say the same for a lot of the people on here (which most of them have all ready traded in their game because of the issues I stated above). Also, my point was that if you're going to write an article about a game (namely this one) be honest and detailed, don't just leave important chunks out like what I stated previously as a lot of these were game breaking issues. Anyone can tell a half-truth, but it's hard for people to be honest now which kinda sucks.
    Understood, sorry for semi-misunderstanding

It sounds like he focuses most of his attention on the campaign, which is alright, but I wouldn't agree that it has a ton of replayability. I was happy to play through once then forget about it. The multiplayer is where the legs are, and he can't seem to get by how you have to register your Uplay account, which I don't think is a big deal. Add to that how he says, "there has been word" of issues with the multiplayer makes me wonder how much he's played of it, if at all. If it's his review why would he care about what other people say about it?

Thank you, this backs up my first post. Appreciated.
    When you're right..you're right.

I think this sums it up really well:

You just have to be upfront that this game is broken (while it is fun when it works).
    The game had massive potential in the SP side. Great AI, cool gimmicks and a fantastic tactical stealth gameplay loop...but thanks to bugs, glitches and absolutely horrid mission design choices...the game just falls flat IMHO

The MP is awesome..it is very different from the other games out their with an emphasis on sneaky tactics, stealth and intel gathering. A refreshing loop. Kudos to RSE...that said it has its share of game breaking issues...which have been fixed to quite a degree..but it still doesn't elevate it to a smooth, hassle free online experience.

I am honestly awaiting GRFS2...with hopes that they learn from GRFS and deliver a solid, stable experience.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Quote Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 View Post

I am honestly awaiting GRFS2...with hopes that they learn from GRFS and deliver a solid, stable experience.

this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast