Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rocksmith drum edition | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

rocksmith drum edition

we all new that it was only a matter of time before rocksmith was going to re-lease bass edition. i just hope that down the road they also make a drum edition. were if you have and electric drum set you can plug and play,
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by logahn13 View Post
    we all new that it was only a matter of time before rocksmith was going to re-lease bass edition. i just hope that down the road they also make a drum edition. were if you have and electric drum set you can plug and play,
    Or you can spend $19.00 on Rock Band 3 and do the same thing.

No sense adding drums, it's a guitar game, bass is a guitar. Drums would ruin it and not be right anyhow since they cannot be charted properly because no 2 drummer use the same kit layouts or same amounts of drums.

the starter fee for a drum bundle would be pretty high like over $300 for one that doesn't suck.

Pianosmith is the way to go!

While drums and bass go well together for the over all learning to play bass I'd have to agree that I don't know if they'd be able to produce a reasonably realistic drum experience. Couple that with the high cost of decent electric drum kits, which are not as good as acoustic sets for anything but practicing in your house, and you get a recipe for disaster more or less. I do like the idea though. If it becomes something plausible I'll definitely start looking for a decent drum kit, after all I've been looking for a good excuse to purchase one. Apparently, the Mrs. doesn't agree that having a set of drums to lay down my own drum tracks is a good idea =P

I hope this never happens... I'm actually in the process of selling my TD-12 kit, wich I used for Rock Band, to make the living room a living room again....

Hence picking up the guitar... takes up less space

Quote Originally Posted by ravenreaver View Post
    Apparently, the Mrs. doesn't agree that having a set of drums to lay down my own drum tracks is a good idea =P
    did-ja 'splain it to her thoroughly??

you got me thinking, I wonder what would happen if I just randomly came home with drums one day.....

I could see it having though if other games starting incorporating it. i know Bandfuse is going to add keyboard later and possibly drums. To me this is a game that you play with real instruments ( it started with guitar which is perfect and know the addition of bass because they are the most popular). I don't see this as just a guitar game. I see as more of get some friends together and practice with maybe one day joining a band or starting one. Or just for personal satisfaction. IMO I would love to see it all and also for me just learning to play guitar is a blast.

[B]I think they done a awesome job with the bass dlc. If they would put the time and effort into it, they could make the electronic drumset work awesome with Rocksmith, whether they have enough request for it like they did the bass content I don't know, but it would work and can be done with very effective accuracy.
    Last edited by MercenaryFury; 04-21-2013 at 03:31 AM.

As a drummer for over 20 years, I hope they don't. This isn't Rock Band with plastic instruments.

Rocksmith was advertised as "Use any guitar", well you can't do that with drums and a half-assed attempt would only hurt the overall product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast