Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy 3 or 5? | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Should I buy 3 or 5?

I have just finished all of Heroes vi campaign which I really enjoyed and was wondering...

3 or 5?

I wish to know about the heroes story line and also why everyone keeps saying 3 was the best.

Don't get me wrong I also enjoyed the music, art, game play, etc. and will still do multi player games but I really wish to play out the previous games to understand more.
    I have been referred to Heroes V by a friend and also see it for purchase on steam but can't find 3 anywhere.

as for 4 2 1 no one really talks about them as i see so yeah, Please i would like a lot of feed back on which to play and where i can buy heroes 3.

-friend
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The choice between the two comes down to graphics really. Heroes 3 to me is superior with gameplay but the graphics are a challenge to deal with. Hereos 5 gameplay is not as good but it is still very respectable. The graphics of Heroes 5 is superior on every level to Heroes 3.

If this is your first Heroes playing then I would suggest you go on to Heroes 5. If you want to continue after Heroes 5 then go to Heroes 3. Also the events in Heroes 5 is whats supposed to happen after Heroes 6 so you might see some storyline stuff that you like in it.

Either way you are bound to have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcmurtry View Post
    The choice between the two comes down to graphics really. Heroes 3 to me is superior with gameplay but the graphics are a challenge to deal with. Hereos 5 gameplay is not as good but it is still very respectable. The graphics of Heroes 5 is superior on every level to Heroes 3.

If this is your first Heroes playing then I would suggest you go on to Heroes 5. If you want to continue after Heroes 5 then go to Heroes 3. Also the events in Heroes 5 is whats supposed to happen after Heroes 6 so you might see some storyline stuff that you like in it.

Either way you are bound to have some fun.
    thx for the info dude i guess ill just go for heroes V

I also recommend Dark Messiah of Might and Magic if You seek more lore and story of Ashan

it is my humble opinion that 4 is one of the best in the series.

Truthfully man, i would try them all if I were you. (yes I through V) It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed H6. I think you would have tons of fun with them all! Get a compendium for cheap and have years of fun. Skirmishes, campaigns, multiplayer, they are all good. And if you don't like one, stop playing it and move on. Be aware that Heroes 3 has a couple expansions as well as several packs called "Chronicles". They are campaign packs basically. I have several Chronicles packs (but not all) and have played many of them. Even heroes1 has its challenges. I suggest trying them all if you have the time. I bet you love them.

2 has an expansion (Price of Loyalty)
    3 has Armegeddon's Blade, Shadow of Death, and the Chronicles (not sure exactly how many)
    4 has Gathering Storm and Winds of War
    5 has Hammers of Fate and Tribes of the East (ToE is a must!!!)

I may be missing a few plus user mods and stuff . Anyway....enjoy.

You can just get both, and 4. They are very all cheap after all.

However I must say in my opinion the heroes 6 campaign best all of them.

You can buy Heroes I, II, III and IV and all its expansions at Good Old Games:
    www.gog.com

I say Heroes 3. They're incredibly easy when you learn them. The first datadisc- Armageddon's blade had (for me) greatest campaigns. Music and town screens are most beautiful as well.
    With Heroes 5 you can't go wrong. They're pretty good too. But I don't agree with the graphics argument. H3 are old of course. But they're drawn so nice...
    It's like- Your daughter ask you to play some fairy tale movie. You wouldn't say those old Disney movies like Bambi, Snowhite, Ariel etc. look worse then Shrek or something, would you?
    I wouldn't go with Heroes 4. Lot of people like them, I'm not amongs them. Storyline of some campaigns are pretty good, have to admit.

Here's an overview:
    H1 – easy to master, but not much to do. A single campaign, regardless of the faction you choose. You can play hotseat/multi on included or own-made maps. There's not much reason to get it if you haven't played it.
    H2 (with expansion) – an upgraded version of H1: more factions, features, 'real' campaigns. It will give you a feel of what H1 looked like as well.
    H3 (with expansions) – a plethora of everything: factions, campaigns, artifacts, skills, maps (and even more user-made). An amazing game. Graphics are dated.
    HC – standalone expansions to H3. These act like standalone campaigns (while AB/SoD would be integrated to H3 menu).
    H4 (with expansions) – features heroes in battle (no balancing), overhauled factions (no balancing), somewhat better graphics. Also features storytelling in campaigns, which is done quite well. It's fun to play, but you will have to accept 'the only' ways to play, due to non-existent balancing.
    H5 (with expansions) – the final version has fixed mostly everything. Use ToE for multiplayer. A nice installment, but you MUST play the final version. At the moment it is the best HoMM/MMH version, even though graphics may feel dated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast