Thread: sgb engineers | Forums

sgb engineers

For the Russian cimmanders who like engineers, anti-tank grenades vs flamethrower? What do you think?

I Upgraded to flamethrower without in any consideration of which would be better. In hindsight I think flamethrower does a better job defending against rifleman and is good again gunships. grenades have there advantages too. One being a tactical advantage like using them on a fence to shorten the distance your engys need to run to get to an uplink for example. learned that one from xman.

The anti-tank grenades are pretty effective against riflemen as well. But I've never bought the flamethrower cos I don't want to lose the area of effect. It says "+damage" tho? But how much?

the flame thrower is more versatile and is effective against all unit types , the anti tank grenades are as close to a blos as sgb gets although its has a short range its very effective against all armour but useless against gunships & infantry . i got the anti tank grenades . great for killing blos tanks and CVs.

Both of you said the grenades are ineffective against infantry but is that supposed to be how it is? When I throw them at riflemen with shields down they take more health off it than anything else I've seen. They're always down to red.

Anti tank grenades are brilliant and threat has a good point with the ability to create shortcuts using them. I found that they have more range and can be devastating if your opponent has a lot of armour close to each other. I always think think of it like this; what is the point using engineers? To destroy the armour and the AT grenades help you do that. Flamethrower is good against infantry but you still wouldn't win a one on one with enemy riflemen but it is still good, I just love the fact that AT grenades can be devastating against a jsf camper's buched up blos tanks!!!