Thread: Zero lag sound bars? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Zero lag sound bars?

I recently moved into a new place and don't have the space to set up my ugly PC speakers to play the game now. I also don't feel like running wires everywhere to set up my surround system. So I've been looking into sound bars...I didn't have much hope at first since I figured they would have to do a ton of processing. But I bought a cheap Yamaha one at Costco and the lag is actually pretty low with some decent sound. But the lag is still enough to make playing the game annoying. So does anyone here play through a sound bar with little to no lag? If so, which one?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

You don't have the space to set up your ugly PC speakers
    You don't feel like setting up a surround sound system
    So you buy something that doesn't work?

Sorry this is really funny to me

Quote Originally Posted by Bandin03 View Post
    I recently moved into a new place and don't have the space to set up my ugly PC speakers to play the game now. I also don't feel like running wires everywhere to set up my surround system. So I've been looking into sound bars...I didn't have much hope at first since I figured they would have to do a ton of processing. But I bought a cheap Yamaha one at Costco and the lag is actually pretty low with some decent sound. But the lag is still enough to make playing the game annoying. So does anyone here play through a sound bar with little to no lag? If so, which one?
    How do you have it hooked up?? If you have the system hooked to it via digital such as hdmi or optical then you are still getting lag due to the digital processing. Some of the soundbars I have looked at have both digital and analog. If your soundbar has the analog connection that is the best bet, use the red and white RCA cables from your PS3 or Xbox 360. Analog is the only sure way to get minimal to no delay or lag.

Rockon!!
    Guitar playing is both extremely easy for me and extremely difficult for me at the same time.

Kirk Hammett

I have a Samsung sound bar. I tried using it with Amplitube and Ampkit, but even the analog input using every possible setting results in bad lag. I can't use it for guitar at all.

I use Sony Model HTCT150 and I love it, no complaints. If it lags I don't notice it. I am plugged into the PS3 via optical, killer sub and good all around sound.

Quote Originally Posted by I7oso View Post
    I use Sony Model HTCT150 and I love it, no complaints. If it lags I don't notice it. I am plugged into the PS3 via optical, killer sub and good all around sound.
    Lol...I was just coming to post and recommend that one since I just picked one up on clearance at Sears for $65. No lag, great sound, tons of inputs...and 65 bucks. I can't believe it was that cheap...$300 everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandin03 View Post
    Lol...I was just coming to post and recommend that one since I just picked one up on clearance at Sears for $65. No lag, great sound, tons of inputs...and 65 bucks. I can't believe it was that cheap...$300 everywhere else.
    whoa. that's a steal. congrats.