"Failed to download map"
So recently I installed Far Cry 2 again and wanted to play multiplayer. Punkbuster kicks me out of every game whenever I get in one. It says something like "Player kicked for 0 mins by Pkbsterb" or something. I tried to fix it by updating PB and using the win 7 fix for not being able to download maps. So far the only game I have been able to enter was a player deathmatch. So basically I can't play ranked games. Please help me!! I would love to play some FC2 again.
UK Forum Manager
Download Updating PunkBuster with PBSetup. read how to do. seen on the side
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php [evenbalance.com] ((run as administrator))
Restart your PC
if you still have problems
login as an Administrator user,
1. open Windows Explorer and browse to c:\windows\system32
64 bit, you need to browse to c:\windows\syswow64
2. scroll down and find PnkBstrA.exe - PnkBstrB.exe,
3. right-click PnkBstrA.exe - PnkBstrB.exe and choose Properties.
4. click the Compatiblity tab.
5. click the button "Change settings for all users".
6. click the checkbox for "Run this program as an administrator".
7. click the "Ok".
8.Restart your PC
There may be more to the problem...Punkbuster no longer supports FC2, sooooo...go here: http://www.waikikigunclub.com/bb/vie....php?f=1&t=801
Read about the fix and install as directed, should be good to go,... Rhett