Thread: Off Topic: Call of Duty vs Splinter Cell | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Off Topic: Call of Duty vs Splinter Cell

I've come accross many different comments on the Blacklist Gameplay Demo from E3 in which people have said things like:

"CoD is older than Splinter Cell and SC has just copied MW2's 3rd person mode"

"CoD was a much more revolutionary title in the gaming industry and gives more entertainment, innovation, fun and graphics"

I had a lot of lol moments when I read these but started to think whether SC really was a better game or not and whether it's impact was greater on the gaming indusrty than CoD.

I mean, I do like Call of Duty. After Rainbow Six it was one of my fav shooters for a while.

But did it actually have a bigger impact than SC?

I'm interested to see your opinions on this. Try not to be biased and from facts about both of the original games in respected franchises, please state your opinion clearly.
    Splinter Cell FOREVER

My DeviantART
    ಠ_ಠ

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I don't know how you can even compare the two! They are apples and oranges.

I think it's irrelevant. Though it may look like they are the same buy they aren't. They are two completely different games. Not even alone the same line.

There are no impact gameplay wise but the devs do want to copy the same success from a business perspective. Meaning stealing COD fans.

SC franchise is just innovative to attract more people NOT (forgot this lol) necessarily bringing concepts from COD, if so, eek.

Offtopic: Quick reply is back baby! lol
    Last edited by sam2000_290; 08-03-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Uplay sucks, UBISOFT SUCKS. Stupid Uplay doesn't detect games, forced DRM. I can't stand UBISOFT ANYMORE. No longer a loyal fan. I stick with the old games, and not the new games. Watch Dogs is the last game I bought.
    Overall: PURE GHOST PLAYER Woo...

COD is really a waste of time anyways. All it is is mindless shooting. There's nothing innovative. Classic gameplay is fine but COD is MW classic gameplay, which sucks. They should remake the old WW2 with the new engine. Now it's all about MP and flashy scenes. Why buy a game just so you can only shoot? There's gotta be more variety. Now a game like Splinter Cell has variety and more depth in gameplay and story. Not a comparison here. MW story is just stupid. It's a waste of money too. Money Waster.
    Uplay sucks, UBISOFT SUCKS. Stupid Uplay doesn't detect games, forced DRM. I can't stand UBISOFT ANYMORE. No longer a loyal fan. I stick with the old games, and not the new games. Watch Dogs is the last game I bought.

It is mindless shooting. You barely do anything except move your characters lol maybe drop grenades. lol You just shoot. You just spray. And you do it all again after reload.

And then, "cool, something exploded, it's very pretty!" "I'm a noob! A noobtuber because I can't shoot!" (Yuck, noobtuber, what is this? Someone don't know how to use youtube lol)

Dude, all you do is shoot. Speaking in kids language lol.

Why are we even talking about COD? We can talk about the fish, now that's more interesting. :P

Lightbulb

CoD did make an impact, as in everyone is telling themselves "CoD makes alot of money, we need to get those fans"

I don't think he's asking us to compare the two, rather their impacts. After SCC's epic fail at a stealth genre game, especially in the shadow of it's predecessors, it's clear to me that Splinter Cell now caters to the Call of Doody franchise fans, to get them to the table to buy. It is noted that you can Ghost your way through entire levels, but it is not clear exactly how much of that is going to be possible.

If you ask me Sam should have at his disposal, in the customization options as mentioned thoroughly in the interviews, a set of haji gear, so that i don't have to shoot and maim and slaughter hordes of baddies.

I would rather take them into a dimly lit room and squeeze them for intel than Mark and Execute with the mission's completion dependent on that M&E.
    "He who forgets, will be destined to remember..." - Eddie Vedder, Nothingman

Uplay account: " Limerick_ " without quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Om4zd View Post
    I've come accross many different comments on the Blacklist Gameplay Demo from E3 in which people have said things like:

"CoD is older than Splinter Cell and SC has just copied MW2's 3rd person mode"

"CoD was a much more revolutionary title in the gaming industry and gives more entertainment, innovation, fun and graphics"

I had a lot of lol moments when I read these but started to think whether SC really was a better game or not and whether it's impact was greater on the gaming indusrty than CoD.

I mean, I do like Call of Duty. After Rainbow Six it was one of my fav shooters for a while.

But did it actually have a bigger impact than SC?

I'm interested to see your opinions on this. Try not to be biased and from facts about both of the original games in respected franchises, please state your opinion clearly.
    honestly, Omad...I think this thread is a waste of time.

I doubt that the posters of the aforementioned comments have an IQ which surpasses the double digit threshold...recycled, uninformed BS.

why are we so insecure about "our" game that we have to have an entire thread discussing its impact?

do you enjoy the game? Yes? Period.

If Kim Kardashian were to tell you that Justin Bieber is more influential than say, The Doors..then would you as a Doors fan actually give a **** and discuss that band's footprint on the music industry?

COD does what it does best....SCB does what it does best. Mass appeal is not always indicative of higher quality...plus you need to take into account that stealth as a genre is not that terribly popular. Instant gratification tends to win over everything else in the long run.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Okay I understand man. Thanks

I do like both games but I prefer SC. After hearing all of these trolls I just feel like being told by other people how these trolls are stupid and idiotic. lol

My psychiatric profile for ya XD
    Splinter Cell FOREVER

My DeviantART
    ಠ_ಠ

There are other Ip's Ubisoft developed that can be cash cows, sadly R6 doesn't dominate even though i find it greater than any other tactical FPS. it was always ahead of it's time, and actually did deliver in evolution, though it was buggy and didn't catch on as much as it should have... R6 Patriots looks to be an interesting change though.

Why try to force feed stealth genre by taking away all the deeply impacting elemnts and exploiting gadgets and weaponry for "instant gratification" purposes when it won't ever fully satisfy their wishes for fanbase, as Naive players come for the flair, Pros leave because of the garbage.
    "He who forgets, will be destined to remember..." - Eddie Vedder, Nothingman

Uplay account: " Limerick_ " without quotes.