Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed 1 combat... Just cannot get into it | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Revolution Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity Official E3 2014 Co-op Commented Demo [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity: Introduction to Arno [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity E3 2014 World Premiere Cinematic Trailer [US]

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCreed View Post
    My brother rented AC1 along with purchasing MGS4 in summer of 2009, when me and brother bought a PS3 (the same day) and it was a pretty decent game then.
    I got AC2 as a birthday gift in November, and fell in love with the game (which when I truly became a fan of series.)

I installed AC1 to my hard drive which came for free with the purchase of ACR a month or so ago to see if I could finish the game, and I hated it. Couldn't stand it.
    Uninstalled it, and I don't think I'll be installing it again. It was horrendous.
    People like you sadden me greatly. I have the feeling that a lot of people don't appreciate the things that are included in AC1 and uninstall the game so early that they won't experience the great moments.

Just for the people who didn't play it yet: yes, AC1 is quite repetitive. But it also gives you the most freedom, a huge countryside between three rather big cities and Masayf of course, the most believable atmosphere, the perfect display of a grey-moral-setting instead of good versus bad, a surprising story and, for me the most important thing, a somewhat dark and sometimes almost scary and mysterious atmoshpere. Also, the most believable combat and the most real challenge. People who want an easy game which does not offer a lot of stuff to think about should probably skip AC1 completely though.

To the OP, you learn counter attacks rather early (along with the short blade and your throwing knives) and from that time on, combat gets a lot more easier. There are no chain kills in AC1, basically the combat is similar to AC2 besides the hidden gun, the smoke bombs and the medicine.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Toronto, United North American States, Sol System, Citadel Space, Milky Way Galaxy
    To be honest, AC1 had the most intuitive combat system of all the AC titles. It was challenging and quite straight forward. ACIIs combat pretty much sucked. You had to wait until you enemy attacks you to make some damage. If you just tapped the Armed Hand button, they would just either deflect or counter your attacks. In ACB and ACR they included the Execution Strikes wich made the combat look very fluid. It was more like a thing to watch than perform. I loved it, but AC1s combat still reigns in terms of realism and challenge.
    "Tell your assassin to aim for her head... Because she doesn't have a heart!" - Salarian Scientist

To massmurdera, yes I pay attention but I thought my equipments were taken away, not the abilities.

I am now at sequence 4 and the combat works really great, so this is not an issue anymore. I got the achievements for Combo Kills, killing 100 in a row, and Counter Kills.
    HOWEVER, I seem to have another issue.

I am stuck. My mission from the black robe guy was: Speak to the bureau Leaders of Damascus, Jeruzalem and Acre. So I've been to all three and spoke with all three, but I don't get the investigation missions from them. When I return, they say "I won't bother you, continue your search" and this applies to all of them. There are no pickpocket, eavesdrop or other missions which I need to go to the next Assassination mission.

What do I do about this? I've saved all civvies and did all Leaps of Faith. So in the city pretty much everything has been done already.

He's called Al Mualim. I thought you played ACR?

Anyway, once you've spoken with them, a new district of each city will unlock. Synch with all viewpoints and the new missions should appear on the map. The new missions are NOT in the district you visited before. There should be at least one new viewpoint marked on the map in each city. Also, I suggest that you finish one assassination before you talk to the next bureau leader and start the investigation

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPerkele View Post
    He's called Al Mualim. I thought you played ACR?

Anyway, once you've spoken with them, a new district of each city will unlock. Synch with all viewpoints and the new missions should appear on the map. The new missions are NOT in the district you visited before. There should be at least one new viewpoint marked on the map in each city. Also, I suggest that you finish one assassination before you talk to the next bureau leader and start the investigation
    Yeah I played ACR but I wasn't fond of the Altaïr bits there. I wasn't fond of the whole game to be honest. I missed Italy and the characters from 2 and Brotherhood. So I only played it once and kinda rushed through the game. You know, I only really knew the major characters from AC2 and Brotherhood... And there are so many characters that it was impossible to remember all their names.

As for the problem: Aha. I wasn't aware that the new district had opened up, because the icons for the viewpoints did not appear. Apparently I wasn't the only one with the issue (if I look at many unresolved forum topics about this haha). Thanks again.

Oh and to add, I do think that AC series are a few of the best games in my collection, AC2 and Brotherhood had such great stories that kept you hooked, and I was sad once I completed them. I guess the way I love those games kinda makes me impatient in AC1. Because they are just so different. Still it's very interesting how they (in my opinion), improved with AC2.

Quote Originally Posted by itsamea-mario View Post
    One more thing, as a game it is unlikely to show 'realism' but i'd say combat is more realistic in AC1, in real life you ain't winning a fight against 10 guys.
    I won fights against 10 guys in AC1 :P

Steam ID: Jexx | PSN ID: Jexx21

jexx eats brownie
    Unofficial UbiForums Steam Group

Quote Originally Posted by Jexx21 View Post
    but this probably was harder than in the next games...

Quote Originally Posted by Jexx21 View Post
    I know, i was replying to his point about being unable to defeat groups of enemies.
    It's fairly easy to beat very large groups if you know what you're doing, but not brotherhood easy.

While its a matter of opinion as to what combat system we prefer i personaly thought AC2 was the best as it built on the original system AC1 had , but i did not think AC1's combat system was bad but rather the game become very repetitave i started playing the game again last month as refresher and found myself getting bored of the game halfway through.

AC2 is my fave game out of the entire series

To the OP, you don't get your throwing knives back until after one or two main assassinations. You only get a few at first and as you progress in the game, Al Mualim will allow you to carry more. You'll have to pick-pocket thugs to refill your stock. (As opposed to just buying more in shops.)

"I am your superior, in both title and ability;
    you should know better than to question me."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast