Uplay sucks! Assassin's Creed Problem
Hi, I bought the entire Assassin's Creed franchise on Steam. I already own them on my X360 but wanted them for PC as well. I purchased them and installed them.
Now I'm trying to play AC2, I played it yesterday for about an hour.. now I launch AC2, Uplay boots up saying it can't connect and that there is an error with my network connection and gives me a sad face ;(
It's not my internet connection because I played yesterday. and it only does it for AC2! If I launch AC:B or AC:R, Uplay works fine, logs me in, I click play (from Uplay) and the game launches no problem.. but for AC2 it says my network connection has problems.
Don't blame my internet connection Ubisoft! and don't give me no sad faces ;( Blame your software! So I just spent money and purchased a game that I can't even play.. Get your stuff together Ubi.
So to the community, do any of you know of a possible fix? Any help from any of you will be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Last edited by RwYeAsNt; 08-01-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Immediately cease playing purchased game(s)
You bought it off Steam so it's possible they might give you a refund. You have played the game but you should get away with that one of them doesn't work. Point them to this forum and provide any contact Ubisoft hasn't had with you (since their support is useles).
By working together we can get Ubisoft games booted off Steam!
UK Forum Manager
Hi, please try this;
1. Some anti-virus or firewall programs may prevent the Game Launcher from communicating properly with the service. Please make sure that you have updated any anti-virus or personal firewall software you have installed. In particular, we have been made aware of a problem with older versions of ZoneAlarm, but updating that software should resolve the problem. Other programs that have been found to be problematic include FreeAV, NetNanny, NetLimiter and other similar programs that modify the network configuration inside Windows. If updating these programs do not resolve the problem, try uninstalling them to see if that helps.
2. This problem may have to do with connecting through a proxy server to connect to the Internet. The Ubisoft Game Launcher uses the Windows settings for the http proxy, but some configurations could experience problems. If you connect to the Internet through a proxy, please try the following:
- Locate the settings.ini file located in the installation directory of the Ubisoft Game Launcher (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher)
- Open it with Notepad, and add the following at the bottom of the document:
You will need to change the proxyhostname and proxyport to the values setup for your proxy. You can USUALLY find this information by:
- Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools --> Internet Options
- Click on the Connections Tab and click on LAN Settings.
- The Proxy HostName (address) and Port can be found in this window.
If you don't know this information or are unsure how to find out your proxy settings, you may need to contact your ISP or network administrator for more information.
Yeah, completely ignore this:
"It's not my internet connection because I played yesterday. and it only does it for AC2! If I launch AC:B or AC:R, Uplay works fine, logs me in, I click play (from Uplay) and the game launches no problem.. but for AC2 it says my network connection has problems."
His Internet connection aside, there is a ton of information there that just went completely ignored.
Typical around here RwYeAsNt; you're better off just trying what Deadly-Bagel suggested than carrying on with Ubi support. It'll take them two to three days just to figure out what you're saying past "game don't work", then another day or two to answer properly.
Last edited by XI_Strid_IX; 08-02-2012 at 10:13 PM.
With all due bloody respect, but look at what you're telling an average user to do in order to get a new service working.
Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush
I don't even know what half of what you just told the poor OP means, never mind how to use it properly. Yes, you gave him clear directions as to what to do, and then told him to contact his ISP or provider if he wasn't sure about it.
You're running a shoddy UPlay system here, and in order to get it working properly, you're having users perform seriously in-depth system alterations in order to get your - implemented for CONVENIENCE, I should add - UPlay system to do what it's supposed to do.
Am I the only one who's seeing that there's something immensely wrong with this?
I'm already sick of jumping through hoops just to get my saves to work, and while I admit that's a relatively simple option to fix, it shouldn't be necessary to do so. It definitely shouldn't be necessary to do something as over-complex as this.
Get the blighted system working, UbiSoft. Then we'll talk about buying games off of you. This is nothing short of shameful.
Oh, and while I'm on a rant, turn off those bloody captchas. The general forums have already proven that they're completely ineffectual at stopping the spambots, and thus only badly irritate posters.
That's what they do best, irritate the legitimate customers in effort to thwart a problem they, nor anyone else, will never be able to.
Originally Posted by Lasharus
Man, I have issues with ACII, too. I'm not even sure where to find the **** key Uplay is asking for. All right, given it's my first time using it...
I found a solution. English is not my native language so please excuse my writing...
Don't start the game, start Uplay. Then you should be able to start the game in Uplay.
I hope i could help... by the way Ubi, you have to change something if you don't want to lose your customers. Next time I want to buy one of your games I'm going to check the forums first...
Finally... A fix
i had the same problem, when i tried to start AC3, i got redirected to uplay. after i wanted to try to register, Uplay told me that i didn't had a proper internet connection. at first i couldn't get my game to work, but then i got to a forum that said to clear al windows hosts. to do this, go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/9720...xItForMeAlways and click to fix it button. after the program has deleted al hosts, restart Uplay. it will update and after that you will be able to play your game.
WORKED FOR ME.
P.S. Uplay still sucks
will clearing all window hosts screw anything else up ?