Thread: Image Verification when posting | Forums

Question Image Verification when posting

I am really annoyed that I have to type in the letters/numbers on the image verification every single time I post. I know it is added to prevent spam bots from posting but I still see spam bots all over the place recently. There are much better add-ons for vBulletin to prevent spam bots while not interfering with a members' posting to a thread.

I am curious is this issue fixed when a member reaches a certain post count or is it always there. Can this be fixed please.

Thank You

The captcha is there as a temporary measure until a more effective and permanent solution is decided on. In the meantime it is reducing the amount of spam, though not eliminating completely.

Just FYI,
    I suggested a solution to one of your fellow staff members.

I am familiar with vBulletin since I am a super mod on another gaming site that uses the latest version of vBulletin.

We have added a add-on called Spam-O-Matic Statistics which prevents a lot of spam bots from signing up. There are the occasional that pass by but those are handled normally by you guys.

If you wanna see what I am talking about see this http://www.trophiesonpsn.com/forum/forum.php and scroll to the very bottom of the page and look at the statistics under the add-on.

That suggestion's been passed on through channels to the relevant team several days ago by another in our team. Not sure if it was from you or it was found by independent research, but it's the same tool.

This can be locked now since the image verification has been removed. I am guessing you guys chose a spam bot add-on.

Thank You