View Poll Results: Would you like the Enemy Objective Interaction Indicator changed?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, off by default (except on enemy controlled sensor objectives)

8 50.00%
  • No, its fine

7 43.75%
  • Yes, but only if EMPd FIRST

1 6.25%

Thread: Would the game be improved if... | Forums

Would the game be improved if...

Ask yourself what this game would be like if there was no objective indicator that the enemy was capturing. Defenders would actually be forced to keep eyes on the objective or at least be in earshot. No more run half way across the map and get a convenient notification that the enemy is interacting and exactly how many. Obviously any nearby sensor (camera,nade,etc) can relay this Intel,but shouldn't that be the only way considering how much weight is put on gathering Intel in this game?

The sensor objective makes sense for this feature, but why the resupply,EMP,or HVT objective? Furthermore, the Sensor Objective should be able to be Empd for a brief amount of time. It would make EMP nades that much more useful (deservedly so IMO).

Robbing us of Ninja plants is wrong. At least make the EMP grenades effect the objective display. I believe it would add a lot of depth to the game.

If you agree please comment (if not tell me why), and maybe we can get this altered in a cloud update. Who knows it could be easy for the devs to implement....

Make us earn our precious Intel Ubi.
    Last edited by B3ANTOWN B3A5T; 08-01-2012 at 04:03 AM.
    "A single twig can break, but a bundle of twigs is strong"

Check out my YT channel for some great montages and gameplay from various titles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/adamdowney73/videos
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Not only should there be no objective indicator, there should also be a penalty for launching explosives on it. I know I know, adapt blah blah but it's true. I'm tired of scrubs that I just killed stopping me from capping it by launching GL rounds...

My idea for that would be adding a timed penalty when trying to cap if from the enemy, or just breaking the objective down and having to repair it (for both teams, repair first then cap for attacking team).

This would be great. It would be too late to change the entire game, but I would love to see a new multiplayer mode where the intel is limited in terms of objectives. What you have their would be really good. Call it like "Team Tactical" playlist which cycles through Conflict, Saboteur and Decoy or something.

Or if they ever do a "Hardcore" mode, they should implement this at least.

Well... I understand what you're saying, because it is annoying when you kill the only guy around, throw sensors on either side of the objective, go to grab it and get noob tubed when it's almost done... But I think the point of the entire game, more-so than intel, is teamwork. Having teammates that communicate, some on the flank, some looking forward enough to take people out BEFORE the nades are tossed over the building/wall and before the noob tubes come flying at you, is the most important thing in my opinion, and if you have these then it shouldn't matter if they can see that you are grabbing the objective. I know when I see someone grabbing an objective I immediately run up in the direction of their spawn and throw a sensor towards their base so I can take people out before those nades are flying. Just have that mic plugged in and command people to do the right thing lol. Nothing makes me more mad than when I'm grabbing an objective and my teammate is standing directly beside me staring at me, trying to get that confidence booster rather than trying to help our team, and we both get noob tube one shotted. That leads to me yelling into my mic at someone who doesn't even have one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JonjeyXCore View Post
    Well... I understand what you're saying, because it is annoying when you kill the only guy around, throw sensors on either side of the objective, go to grab it and get noob tubed when it's almost done... But I think the point of the entire game, more-so than intel, is teamwork. Having teammates that communicate, some on the flank, some looking forward enough to take people out BEFORE the nades are tossed over the building/wall and before the noob tubes come flying at you, is the most important thing in my opinion, and if you have these then it shouldn't matter if they can see that you are grabbing the objective. I know when I see someone grabbing an objective I immediately run up in the direction of their spawn and throw a sensor towards their base so I can take people out before those nades are flying. Just have that mic plugged in and command people to do the right thing lol. Nothing makes me more mad than when I'm grabbing an objective and my teammate is standing directly beside me staring at me, trying to get that confidence booster rather than trying to help our team, and we both get noob tube one shotted. That leads to me yelling into my mic at someone who doesn't even have one lol.
    There are some objectives that are impossible to defend succesfully while capping. As you know, or should, many objectives spawn near enemy bases and are just a hand tossof a grenade away from the enemy base. There are other's that can be sniped from the spawn which are ridiculous in my opinion. How are you supposed to counter that? Run up to their spawn and kill them? It would be near impossible taking out an enemy sniper on their spawn, specially when you have five seconds to do it before the gme kills you and you have a big red text on you screen making it difficult to aim. I can understand if the enemy tubes me on th middle objective, but tubing somebody on the objective by your base is so easy, a caveman can do it.

In my personal opinion, I don't see any need to improve the EMP grenade I still think it is the most useful grenade given to the scout class the way it sits.

However, I do agree with removing the capture indicator for at least the HVT objective.... there is a reason why in my previous clan that we told our guy that got stuck with it that he has HIV.... The objective in itself is difficult that you may have to run 180m without being killed, and then on top of that having to take the objective when the entire enemy team gets told you are taking it and can just pop a GL round in there and boom they won that one -.-"

One thing I do think is that if a teammate throws smoke onto the objective that the objective indicator should disappear for the enemies... otherwise it just hinders your own team when the enemies know exactly where to spray their bullets at.

The only way I see this making any difference at all is in the case of one team spawn trapping the other and someone on the enemy team manages to sneak out and take the objective that just happens to be in the other team's base.

Although I agree with your points and would like to get rid of the Objective Status indicator....I understand why this was done in the first place.

More than half the time people are playing with randoms and without mics. Setting up a team-based overwatch system would be nigh impossible. This would aggravate the already limited number of players...and so far people have not been the most patient players.

In theory this sounds awesome...especially for stealthy, sneaky players...like you Bean...but for remaining 70% this would become highly annoying, very quick.

I think that a middle ground can be reached.

Do away with the Objective Capture Status indicator...the green bar which starts filling up as you capture it.
    Let the announcer say that enemy is near an objective.

Something like this:

Everytime an enemy troop passes within 1 meter of the Objective...the announcer says -> "Signs of enemy presence have been detected at Alpha - investigate and defend"

So it just lets you know that enemy troops are going for Alpha...giving you the warning BUT allowing that Ninja Capturer to fake and come back to it again...preserving stealth

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Quote Originally Posted by Lunytunes View Post
    Not only should there be no objective indicator, there should also be a penalty for launching explosives on it. I know I know, adapt blah blah but it's true. I'm tired of scrubs that I just killed stopping me from capping it by launching GL rounds...

My idea for that would be adding a timed penalty when trying to cap if from the enemy, or just breaking the objective down and having to repair it (for both teams, repair first then cap for attacking team).
    Definitely agree, but ill leave the GL stuff for the 100 other GL threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassino37 View Post
    This would be great. It would be too late to change the entire game, but I would love to see a new multiplayer mode where the intel is limited in terms of objectives. What you have their would be really good. Call it like "Team Tactical" playlist which cycles through Conflict, Saboteur and Decoy or something.

Or if they ever do a "Hardcore" mode, they should implement this at least.
    I'm surprised they didn't already. Look at games like BF3 and COD, the hardcore mode is a lot more fun/challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by JonjeyXCore View Post
    Not having an indicator would promote teamwork because a squad would have to stick close to an objective, or call out an attack, instead of automatically knowing about it. Shouldn't you do the things you described anyway to create a decent perimeter around the objective hacker? Maybe it would be less important to do with no indicator, but it would still be a good practice to create proper spacing in order to deny the enemy access to the area around the objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Koqex View Post
    In my personal opinion, I don't see any need to improve the EMP grenade I still think it is the most useful grenade given to the scout class the way it sits.

However, I do agree with removing the capture indicator for at least the HVT objective.... there is a reason why in my previous clan that we told our guy that got stuck with it that he has HIV.... The objective in itself is difficult that you may have to run 180m without being killed, and then on top of that having to take the objective when the entire enemy team gets told you are taking it and can just pop a GL round in there and boom they won that one -.-"

One thing I do think is that if a teammate throws smoke onto the objective that the objective indicator should disappear for the enemies... otherwise it just hinders your own team when the enemies know exactly where to spray their bullets at.
    Agree with the smoke idea but I don't think it would be easy to pull off with all different varying sightlines.

It's not so much improving the EMP nade, its just allowing it to function against the objectives like it functions against all other forms of Intel in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaze Taco View Post
    The only way I see this making any difference at all is in the case of one team spawn trapping the other and someone on the enemy team manages to sneak out and take the objective that just happens to be in the other team's base.
    Why wouldn't its be useful for all other objectives? You don't have to be spawn trapped to sneak or flank around and pull off a ninja cap.

Sure it would be very handy in your example, but i dont think its limited to just that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 View Post
    Although I agree with your points and would like to get rid of the Objective Status indicator....I understand why this was done in the first place.

More than half the time people are playing with randoms and without mics. Setting up a team-based overwatch system would be nigh impossible. This would aggravate the already limited number of players...and so far people have not been the most patient players.

In theory this sounds awesome...especially for stealthy, sneaky players...like you Bean...but for remaining 70% this would become highly annoying, very quick.

I think that a middle ground can be reached.

Do away with the Objective Capture Status indicator...the green bar which starts filling up as you capture it.
    Let the announcer say that enemy is near an objective.

Something like this:

Everytime an enemy troop passes within 1 meter of the Objective...the announcer says -> "Signs of enemy presence have been detected at Alpha - investigate and defend"

So it just lets you know that enemy troops are going for Alpha...giving you the warning BUT allowing that Ninja Capturer to fake and come back to it again...preserving stealth
    Catering to randoms and noobs- meh. I'm more interested in making the game challenging than easier for beginners or micless clueless randoms.

The announcer thing is basically the same deal as the indicator. Players hear announcer, frag shower ensues. Maybe the guy who breaks off after the announcement doesn't get fragged, but now that the enemy knows somethings up, the initial stealth is out the window IMO.
    "A single twig can break, but a bundle of twigs is strong"

Check out my YT channel for some great montages and gameplay from various titles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/adamdowney73/videos

On beta, we played on mill, objective under the bridge, my team spawn camping the enemy, i captured it as a engi with an UAV, then i hide behind the wall, right a the objective and let my UAV spot some enemies for my team mates. Piloting my UAV i suddenly saw the objective to be take by the enemy. Pure luck, my UAV was 250 meters away from, and most of the time i had my 'back' to it anyway. No one of tmy team mates saw, so i called it out, exited my UAV, and stunned 1 guy that sneaked through our spawn trap.
    It was his fault to not killing me, not checking the area before, but we, especially i should have been penalized with a lost objective or atleast had to re capture it.

Since then, i'm lobbying for capture process/interaction to be intel, not to be seen by deafault. I could live with just the sensor jammer hiding it. But they definitly have to do something here. You have to keep an eye on the objective and not play too far off, prolly spawn camping. This would make the camera for instance way more valuable, which is still counterable by attackers.

Since the retail version now suffers from GLs, more than beta did, i also think this would keep the objective spamming in check, atleast to some degree. The GL camper, just waiting for the bar to fill up, then would need a marker. a camara, a UAV and player overwatching etc, else he is blind and all he can do is gamble with his GL.

'Penalizing' bombing the objective by reducing the capture time would be an interesting idea. No clue how to real implemant realistic downsides of explosives. 1 unlucky 'nade should not make you loose the objective right away. but on other side the enemy should not get 1 free hit on obejctive, just think about HVT mission.

I'm still underdecided what to do exactly, some things might make things worse, but UBI has to adress this for sure.